Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reardens Pub ,(Havana night club)

Options
2»

Comments

If you are repeatedly getting stopped going into nightclubs in Cork by bouncers you either cannot hold your drink or look like a scumbag, hardly the bouncers' fault, they have a job to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

RoverJames wrote: »
    If you are repeatedly getting stopped going into nightclubs in Cork by bouncers you either cannot hold your drink or look like a scumbag, hardly the bouncers' fault, they have a job to do.

but it's one nightclub and one bouncer.

but it's one nightclub and one bouncer.

MY comment was Io response to the all bouncers in cork are muppets type comments in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tangoku

If you are repeatedly getting stopped going into nightclubs in Cork
    I`m not reapetedly stopped in the nightclubs, is only in the reardens. I do not have problem in different pubs or night club.
    For this reason I think is a form of racism.
    I know the bouncers must do the job but not in this way in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

tangoku wrote: »
    If you are repeatedly getting stopped going into nightclubs in Cork
    I`m not reapetedly stopped in the nightclubs, is only in the reardens. I do not have problem in different pubs or night club.
    For this reason I think is a form of racism.
    I know the bouncers must do the job but not in this way in my opinion
    They have the right to refuse who they want. you won't get anywhere with the manager, in fact you will probably never get into reardans again either. I have friends who can never get in there, they are Irish, but so is life. They don't seem to like you, go somewhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

OP, bouncers can just refuse you, don't take it personally
    If you want to see what the ultimate example of Bouncer & admission policy is like do a search for Berghain door policy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Just move on OP and go to some other club. Reardons is a pure dump anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Don't laugh but try wearing a pair of glasses (spectacles).

Guy told me once that he got stopped nowhere when he started going out with his glasses on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

Maybe try these

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Don't laugh but try wearing a pair of glasses (spectacles).

Guy told me once that he got stopped nowhere when he started going out with his glasses on.

That's a good idea actually. I had to do jury service a year back. I normally wear contact lenses but a friend of mine told me to wear my glasses. It worked a treat because I wasn't picked for any cases. It probably works in reverse when it comes to getting into a nightclub.

• Advertisement

As I can see on this community the problem is since 2005 maybe before

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=280083&page=2

if nobody complained in this life and accept everything nothing can change.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

tangoku wrote: »
    As I can see on this community the problem is since 2005 maybe before

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=280083&page=2

if nobody complained in this life and accept everything nothing can change.

Tangoku, it's been this way ever since I was old enough to get into nightclubs, which has been since 1990 onwards for me. I remember one night going into a nightclub. There was 5 of us. We were all pissed apart from one of the lads who was a non-drinker. The non-drinker was the only one of us who was stopped. Reason: The bouncer said he was too drunk!!

@Harry Angstrom, I can see and now I understood , it looks like the bouncers in the Rearden are not very friendly
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055875165

sorry to everybody but I didn `t now about this, in 6 years in Cork I never had problem but as I can read all people in Cork known about this.
    I`m only little sad because if the situation is like this since 1990 it means for the people who are living in Cork this is the normality.

I would put only one question to everybody.
    If you are going to holidays somewhere.
    London, Ibiza, Rome .... for one week and for one week you cannot go in any pubs because the bouncers decide for you (if you are drunk, or not) you want make complained for change the situation?
    Or you don`t care???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The main question I gotta asl is why o why would you go to a nightclub???

The main question I gotta asl is why o why would you go to a nightclub???
    for dancing and stay with my friends

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Why are people asking him why he wants to go to a nightclub? seriously .
    Irish culture revolves round pubs and clubs.
    To the OP I can understand exactly what you feel like.You want to go here and you are not left in for no valid reason.This makes it more frustrating and you feel you are missing something great .
    I was drinking coke one night and the bouncer going into Havanas said to me are you drunk.It was so ridiculous I laughed into his face.Im a woman and how many women would be stopped going into clubs sober?
    They should be trying to get as many sober women in as possible if they could.Or any kind of woman .
    The only way to deal with bouncers is to just not take it too seriously and laugh it off ,but not like you are laughing at them.
    When I was younger I used be in some states and often got stopped and I usually got very agressive.That is the worse thing you can do.
    I mean showing attitude is a dire mistake.I maybe think you could be dealing with them the wrong way ,and answering back.Its a no no in bouncer land.You have to appreciate ,they are standing outside ,usually cos its Ireland ,in the freezing cold all night.Try and have a bit of respect for their job.The fact that you might be answering back shows them that you could easily get into a fight there , sober or no.
    If you cant show a bit of respect to them ,just go somewhere else .How many clubs in Cork ? a lot .

eternal wrote: »
    .I maybe think you could be dealing with them the wrong way ,and answering
    trust me the first and second time I didn` tell anything, just took my Id and went somewhere.
    The third time I answered to him just ask why is the third time you told me I cannot go inside?
    But in a very polite mode. He told because you are drunk.
    I understood your point of view.

I`m a receptionist in Cork and sometimes we dealing with a lots of drunk guest but we never tell the guest you are drunk you must go out.
    Ok maybe in the hotel is different story but, sometimes trust in this occasion I`m very embarassing because I don`t now what tell to this bouncers.

I was thinking maybe I`m look young and for this I have problem, but I have 30 years old and I don` t think.

When I was to Italy I used to work like soldier, so I know what it means working with the rain, freeze and snow.
    I have full respect for them , sometimes we work with a lots of them as well when we have big functions in the hotel, and I understood of course is not a easy job.

If going somewhere it means respect them I`m not agree totally with you.
    Because they can have the power for told you one time, two times, but if the third time I want go you tell me always you are drunk.
    Where is the respect for the sober customer?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement