Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry: Curve 8520 vs 9300 vs Pearl 9105

Options
  • 09-07-2011 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

I'm making a proper upgrade in the phone department for the first time. Up until now I've always gone for the most economical phone, I tend to only use a phone to text and call. But my current phone kicked the bucket and it seems everywhere you look, someone has a smart phone so I don't want to get left behind.

Anyway, I was browsing Vodafone's website and I like the sound of the Blackberry models. I know a few people that have the Curve 8520 and I always thought it works well. The Pearl seems similar but has a normal keypad and not a Qwerty. It also has 3G. Whats confusing me is the newer Curve, the 9300. Its retailing for about €70 more than the Pearl but I cant really see a whole lot of difference apart from the Qwerty keyboard.

So can someone who is an expert on these models maybe suggest the advantages of one over the other and their personal preference?

I've provided a brief summary of the kind of features I would like in a phone below:
    • Not bothered about camera quality
    • I am a smart phone virgin, therefore a normal keypad might ease me in as opposed to Qwerty or touchscreen. I text much more than I call, so ease of texting would be very important
    • I'd like a decent web browsing experience and email
    • No operator preference
    • I will be getting pre-pay
    • Price range: >€300 (which each model is)
    Thanks!

Also - Any views on the LG Optimus 7? Seems to be one of the few phones on Vodafone's site with an almost 100% positive feedback rating from customers, and thats over 20 customers. I previously had a cheap little LG and it was a quality phone for the price. At nearly €400 though, is this phone worth it?

Comments

Advertisement