Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accept credit card on website without PayPal(tm)

Options
  • 09-07-2011 3:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

I want to accept credit cards on my site but using a service that doesn't cost as much as paypal and isn't as much trouble to buyers. Looked at Square but apparently thats just an App.

It would have to work similar to PayPal instant payment notification, where their server calls one of my PHP scripts or something. Its just to pay a deposit for a reservation, no actual product has to be shipped but it does have to let the site know somebody is after reserving and give them a confirmation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

should really give you my referral code in the link, but it's late and i'm tired..;);)

http://www.moneybookers.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

I use Realex and can't recommend them enough, it's 35.09 Euro a month (Inc VAT), for the service and there are something like 100 or 200 Euro transactions a month included in that package, then you pay something like 12 Euro a transactions or something like that, for every transaction. Visa card payments are a bit different, they work off a percentage (I think it's 2.5%), but Realex as a payment processor I can't recommend highly enough, it's an Irish business (as far as I know!) and their support folks are based in Dublin and are top of their game when it comes to integration and the likes...

EDIT: The notification functionality you want to put in place there will work with Realex off their response page, (after a transaction they will re-direct the user back to your website with data regarding whether the transation was authorised (paid for) or declined (payment failed), so you can use that data to do whatever you want, either mail the customer or let them track the status of their order or booking, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

12 euro per transaction? That's quite dear! (Unless you're selling really expensive stuff)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

it's 12¢ per transaction after the first 350 which are included in your monthly fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I would definitely look into getting a third party to manage the credit card authorisation. You really don't want to handle that sort of stuff in your own code. If there is any sort of security hole at all you'll be leaving yourself wide open to problems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement