Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Help with a Book

Options
  • 09-07-2011 6:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Don't know if this is the right place to put this but i was wondering if someone can help me with some information on a book i bought.

I was in easons a few weeks back buying the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series and i picked up the following four. "Game of Thrones, Clash of Kings, Storm of Swords and Feast for Crows". However on book 3, " A Storm of Swords" it says Part1: Steel and Snow. I looked around and theres a part2: Blood and Gold. However my real issue is that when i went to read the description for part2 it was the same as the second half of my book 1 that i have.

I read that the uk version was split into 2 parts and the version i have now is about 600+ pages, however i'm not sure if part2 is just for uk or if the version i have although saying its part1, covers both.

I bought them in Easons on O'Connell Street and when i was there i seen no part 2. Can anyone let me know if the version easons is selling covers both books?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

Both parts of Storm of Swords clock in at about 600 pages. While originally published as a single novel, it was split into two parts for the UK paperback publication.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 spanx

You've got part one of book three. 603 pages before the Appendix? ISBN 9780006479901?

This is a good thing though, like you've discovered an extra 600+ pages of the story.

Oh, and it's a good bit cheaper in another Dublin bookshop (which I'm probably not allowed to advertise for because I work for them).

Now just read them all before you get book 5 on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Faylum

Cheers. I was confused as i was reading the American Wikipedia book list not the uk one.

And i'm taking my time with the books. When i read LotR i blitzed it and regretted it afterwards, this time I'm going to enjoy them before i suffer withdraw symptoms waiting for book 6. xD

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ThePinkCage

Dance of Dragons, the next part is out at the moment. Not a lover of that genre, but have seen a lot of enthusiastic flaggings from bookshops. So it'd be good to get hold of earlier part, then you'll have that to look forward to when you finish.

Advertisement