Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever drunk something that you shouldn't have?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

zenno wrote: »
    most people would be too humiliated to tell the truth on this one, the way i look at it is let it rip, strange things happen under the influence of alcohol or diesel.

when under the influence of petrol a few yrs ago..a few of mine discovered he couldnt turn left.He walked up the road the we lived on (cul de sac) turned right at the top,walked back down and crossed the road at his house.The problems only started is his house.Being a glutton for for punishment he did again the following week...and found wasps nest in his shed...you can guess the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭EmatoelDiablo

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Seriously? What sort of an idiot would do this. And for only 10 euros :confused:

At least 20 might have been justifiable :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Once drank an entire bottle of dreamy sleepy nighty snoozy snooze. The stuff is banned in most European countries. So I thought that meant it was very good. Boy was I mistaken. Ended up sleeping for 14 days and being out cold for the big match I was supposed to be involved in. Mates had to stick me in a remote controlled wheelchair to play. Somehow managed to score the winning goal though. I'll probably stick to the floor polish in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

farout, and i thought i had a drinking problem.
    on british ship[when i sailed] we used to have to issue a tot of rum from a barrel to the crew, that was one of my jobs,many of them would ask me to save it untill they hit port,by that time the rum at the bottom of the barrel would be black and thick[molasses] and very very potent,i lost count af the times we had to rush the paralytic to foreign hospitals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

getz wrote: »
    on british ship[when i sailed] we used to have to issue a tot of rum from a barrel to the crew, that was one of my jobs,many of them would ask me to save it untill they hit port,by that time the rum at the bottom of the barrel would be black and thick[molasses] and very very potent,i lost count af the times we had to rush the paralytic to foreign hospitals

i'm well familiar with the old jamaican rum if that was the stuff. sounds interesting though, travelling the sea's with a load of barrels of rum. man if i won the lotto that's probably what i'd do. just purchase a s*itstorm of a ship filled with at least a half ton of rum and sail away into the unknown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Apparently I drank from one of the bottles under the sink when I was 4 or 5.

I was grand tho.... they made kids hardier and more resilient in those days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

On the millennium we ran out of mixer for our our vodka, so started mixing it with milk. When we ran out of that we mixed it with Budweiser
    Wasn't a great idea to be honest

more recently (last Thursday), Jagerbombs, should never have drank them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

wolf moon wrote: »
    mother's jagermeister she kept locked up for a special occasions.

Your mother sounds like the kinda woman we'd all like to get to know a little better :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Dacelonid wrote: »
    On the millennium we ran out of mixer for our our vodka, so started mixing it with milk. When we ran out of that we mixed it with Budweiser
    Wasn't a great idea to be honest

more recently (last Thursday), Jagerbombs, should never have drank them

Yep. Back in my crazy student days, we mixed gin with Actimels after running out of tonic.

Had a slurp of cheddery tea last week with some gone off milk. Wasn't the first time and it won't be the last time...

reading these threads gets my old grey matter working,after one voyage we arrived in liverpool,it was always a seamans tradition to head for the nearest bar and get plastered,this one night we were all sitting around a table,when one lad went to the toilet,his mate[who wants mates like this] decided to fill his pint pot with piss,when he came back the lad drank it,and all he said was,this beer is warm.another day i was sailing out of avonmouth[port of bristol] after a night of drinking scrumpy[raw cider] we went back to the ship,as the ship was at the other side of the dock and we did not fancy walking all the way around it,what seamed like a good idea at the time,we decided to swim across,stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Seriously? What sort of an idiot would do this. And for only 10 euros :confused:
    Yeah, he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer ;) I'd say he'd have done it purely for the attention, even if no money was offered to begin with...!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Mixture of Ritz and vodka and limes, on a college trip away, years ago. Was staying in a hostel, woke up in the night, still hammered. Didn't know where I was, never mind find the toilet. Ended up climbing into a wardrobe, and weeing through my knickers. How ladylike:o
    Another time, a mixture of Guinness, Pernod and blackcurrant, and pistachio nuts. Can't look at pistachio nuts since:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Siuin wrote: »
    he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer

braindead unfortunately.

looking back ,one of the daftist drinking sessions was in venezuala,we went to a bar,it had a open coutyard with palm trees over the tables,where we sat there was a large monkey at the top of the tree ,dont know what kind it was,but it was as big as a bulldog, every time one of us went to have a pee or turned to flirt with the girls,this thing would rush down and have a sup of your pint, no one tried to stop it in case you got bitt, about 3 AM there was a crash and the table went flying,the drunk monkey fell out of its tree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

From the fountain of youth.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

A friend and I once drank frog spawn. Scooped it up between our two hands and just drank it back. Some of it had a few half formed tadpoles. It had absolutely no effect on us whatsoever, not even a sore tummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Oh Galahad was a baaad idea. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Antifreeze.
    I really don't know how I still posses motor functyuiop[afbgnhm,k./:ascvdsbfngm,g

You bloody fool. You should never mix your drinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,229 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I had Stroh before, it's rotten stuff, wouldn't go near it again.

I had something called Fire of Sao Paolo in Brazil. As the name suggests, it's a ****. I had heartburn for three days after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Have you ever drunk something that you shouldn't have?

Nearly four bottles of wine last night. And I'll be surrounded by midgets with high-pitched voices for the afternoon. I didn't think that one through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

had ran out of drink and was well past offie closing time, found a bottle of 90% Alcool under my mates sink.

Pretty sure his mother uses it for cleaning the drains. in any case we drank that.

messy results to say the least:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Back when I was around 15, I had been out on a hot day kicking ball. I came home and went to the cabinet where all the drinks were stored. Found a large 7up bottle (used to be glass ones back in them days) and took a heafty swig out of it to cool the thirst. I didn't know my auld fella had secured poteen from somewhere and it was disguised in that bottle :o

Spewed instantly and kept doing so for hours after

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

jeasus man yes I have.

a few of us where having a party and i was out of beer and my friend was wretching all night with bile problems and i took little notice, then this friend and the other guy said they were going to the offo to get more beer but i couldn't wait and i checked all the cans in the room and one can was three quarters full so i knecked it and man i will never forget it, it was all the bile and puke that my friend puked into the can lol i was puking for 3 days after that. i still got the shivers there typing this.
    [/B]

Winner alright! Winner alright!

That is truly awful. I'd love to appear smug and superior, only I was known in my earlier days, at the end of one of my parent's parties, to pick up all the cans that were more than half full, and put them through a sieve to catch the fag butts.

I had no shame.

Choco

• Registered Users Posts: 11,330 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Was at an after party of a 21st one night and I was well past it at some stage when one of my friends tricked me in doing a large shot of what he told me was whiskey. It was in fact petrol. I was drunk for the entire next day. The mother of the guy whose 21st it was still enquires as to whether I'm alright after it

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Mixed a naggin of whisky and vodka, with very little 7 up.. Early night it ws!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭cgordonfreeman

A bottle of mouthwash and a bottle of headlice lotion.

Not on the same night. That'd be stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Woke up with a raging hangover and went to swig from a lemonade bottle which wasn't filled with lemo but vodka .This has happened twice ,you'd think I would learn .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Home made poitin gained through a friend was definitely the worst thing I've drank.

My brain felt like it sparked when it hit my tongue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Barry's tea <shudder>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

getz wrote: »
    When exactly was this?
    BuccaneerQueen_cabosanlucas.jpg

Advertisement