Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever drunk something that you shouldn't have?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

I remember years ago the morning after a party I was parched and asked my mate for a glass of water, he handed me a glass of clear liquid and I milled it, then realised it wasn't water :(

He'd handed me a glass full of poitin, I'm assuming it was the legal stuff otherwise I'd probably be dead be now.

I was in bits for about 2 days after that, felt like I'd drank lava.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

I remember years ago the morning after a party I was parched and asked my mate for a glass of water, he handed me a glass of clear liquid and I milled it, then realised it wasn't water :(

He'd handed me a glass full of poitin, I'm assuming it was the legal stuff otherwise I'd probably be dead be now.

I was in bits for about 2 days after that, felt like I'd drank lava.

I love those bottles that say "now legal"

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭cgordonfreeman

mattjack wrote: »
    of course.........that would be stupid................and headlice lotion does what for ya when drank..?

Gets you drunk believe it or not. Some nasty member of the alcohol family resides in that bottle. Horrible aftertaste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

after several pints in the afternoon a neighbour later in the evening gave me a dark german shot of something what i can only describe as a cough medicine (not Jaegermeister) awful s***te which made me gasp for air it was so awful
    Unicum possibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Poutbutton

Yesss.
    I was about 6 yrs old In neighbours house avec boy next door I picked up a brass ornament that looked like a chalice for all intents and purposes & pretended to drink from it... ended up (excuse me while I gag) with a mouthful of asian tealeaves. I do not remember but have been told of the screams my mother heard from next door alerting her to my crisis. My only memory of the incident afterwards was that my big brother was given money to take me across to the shops and buy me a lolly due to my trauma. I now have the memory of sucking a green lolly and pulling it out of my mouth like you do and it covered in blinking awful tealeaves. I have never been able to drink nor smell tea, even though I make it regularly for other people, ever since. Awgh awful stuff how do people get a taste for that stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

wyndham wrote: »
    Unicum possibly?

Zwack Unicum? i brought a bottle of that home from Budapest 2 years ago along with a some dutie free, fair to say I made a fool out of myself at the next house party I was at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Ha...just once yeah,

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Poutbutton

Have a friend that produces a cask of "hungarian poteen" every once in a while. I had a taste of the genuine article way back in the 90's and instantly had no legs but this friend refills the orange stonebaked flask as often as the weekend with Irish poteen from Mayo. I've seen many an unsuspecting newbie take a swig over the years & end up unable to walk what ever is in the concoction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

I drank a half a pint of water from the river Lee in Cork city centre for a bet once*, this was before the main drainage scheme and in mid summer, the water had a lovely luminous green hue to it and a rather distinctive smell, my prize was free beer for the night, unfortunately I was feeling too sick afterwards to actually drink the beer. :)
    Didn't feel the best for a day or two either.

*May cause death or serious injury. Do not try this at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

I drank a half a pint of water from the river Lee in Cork city centre for a bet once*, this was before the main drainage scheme and in mid summer, the water had a lovely luminous green hue to it and a rather distinctive smell, my prize was free beer for the night, unfortunately I was feeling too sick afterwards to actually drink the beer. :)
    Didn't feel the best for a day or two either.

*May cause death or serious injury. Do not try this at home.

Whoah :O I've seen rats, shopping trollies and nearly nude old men in there...
    kudos...!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement