Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back and Bum pain

Options
  • 09-07-2011 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Last week I started to get a bad pain in the top of my left buttocks, was mostly sore when bending or sitting down and getting up its been getting worse and worse as the days go on. I went to my doctor about it and she said it was from pressure and I cant do anything about it apart from take some painkillers if I want, which I dont.
    Now its been getting even worse and I have the same kind of pain on my left side from my shoulder all the way down to my bum. Its sore everytime I move ok if I stay still and dont move at all which isnt really possible :):)

What is it?What can I do about it? Only 11 weeks now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lasser

Are you showing yet do you have a bump? can only really suggest going to physio your GP should be able to refer you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'd suggest ringing the physio in your hospital and make an appointment. You should take advantage of the free care available to you. Also ante natal massage is great. I had ante natal deep tissue massage from wk 20 for my back pain and it was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

All your ligaments are starting to relax now cos your system is being flooded with the hormone relaxin. . preparation for birth, and it can have a huge effect on the back and the pelvis... with the uterus expanding it can push onto nerves in the back that will spread pain up and down the back and legs... rest relax and try some warm baths.
    Physio and massage aswell and make sure you don't bend from the waist, bend your knees and squat down or better yet get someone else to pick it up for you :D Try not to stand in the one position for too long and lower your heels if you wear high ones. support your back with cushions when you sit and maybe try a pillow under your hips or knees at night.
    It will more than likely resolve itself but to get to a physio you can get gentle exercises that can help you
    Best of luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shegrim

I had similar pain from fourteen to about sixteen weeks, was also very achey just sitting down. Walked for miles one day, was in bits at the end of it but the pain stopped, think whatever was pressing on the nerve moved after all the walking. :-)
    Doctor said it was possible combination of sciatica or coccyx, apparently coccyx becomes lose during pregnancy and hurt. Hope it passes for you :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

lasser wrote: »
    Are you showing yet do you have a bump? can only really suggest going to physio your GP should be able to refer you

Nope only 11 weeks and lost have lost some weight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Back to the GP with you, no medical advice allowed, sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement