Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 weeks

Options
  • 09-07-2011 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi everyone!
    I learned last week that Im 6 weeks pregnant and am delighted, This is my first pregnancy and its too early to tell anyone so I ve come here for advise. In the past few days I have experienced very dry mouth, eyes and nose, Also my skin is very dry and I cant seems to drink enough water. Has anyone experienced this and if so what worked for you.
    Thanks for any replys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Filippa K wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    I learned last week that Im 6 weeks pregnant and am delighted, This is my first pregnancy and its too early to tell anyone so I ve come here for advise. In the past few days I have experienced very dry mouth, eyes and nose, Also my skin is very dry and I cant seems to drink enough water. Has anyone experienced this and if so what worked for you.
    Thanks for any replys

Congratulations Filippa!:D I can sympathise on the very dry mouth, I had that all the way through on the first trimester, but it's died down a bit now. It doesn't help with the frequent peeing when you have to keep drinking water all the time does it? I found sparkling spring water a great help.

I never had a dry nose, but I did have nasal stuffiness that turned into synisitis, so watch out for that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭deeduck48

congrats filippa!!!! yeah.:D
    i found eating juicy fruit like big oranges, plums etc helped with the dryness, but it will settle down, also after a shower or bath use aqueous cream or silcocks base,can be used to wash yourself too but this is water based, no perfumes or colours in it, slather on during/ after a shower. also safe for baby when baby comes! or mothercare bump and beyond cream but only for you, not baby.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sammie77

Hi Fillipa..congratulations!! i just found out i'm pregnant too 6 weeks also. So far i feel fantastic none of your symptoms or any of the usual symptoms ftm only thing making me feel pregnant is the constant peeing and slightly sore breasts and positive results. I've used palmers cocoa for the last 6 years on my dry skin and it's a fab product won some awards lately too and has a maternity range for stretch marks and all so may come in handy later on for the tummies!!! Hope your symptoms improve and let me know how u gettin on as i'm totally green xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JDD

Hi Phillipa - congratulations! I had the exact same thing, couldn't horse the water into me quick enough and always felt thirsty even just after drinking. It wore off around the 10 week mark, and my doctor said that it was nothing to worry about. I'm 16+5 now and even still I'm thirstier than I used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I had the same thing and found the sparkling water great too. . and chewing gum. . also for dry skin.. i know it sounds mad but if you can cut down on sugar and sweet stuff it really helps dry skin. . your kidney's will thank you for drinking lots it cuts down the risk of infection ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement