Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempted Bike Theft @NAC

Options
  • 09-07-2011 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

Possibly related to the motorbike theft thread but someone tried to steal my other half's bike from a bike rack at the NAC last night between 8 &9pm. When they couldn't get the lock off they decided to wreck it, broke a fork, wrecked front wheel and bent the frame using the bike rack as a lever. Security guy wasn't watching the cameras at the time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

There's a good chance it's related. There have been quite a few thefts/attempted thefts in the last few weeks in that area. Some guy even walked into the office section of a warehouse during lunch and walked out with several laptops undetected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

The guy stealing the laptops is well know and has been doing that for 6-8 months now :rolleyes:

Arciphel wrote: »
    The guy stealing the laptops is well know and has been doing that for 6-8 months now :rolleyes:

Yup..<snip>...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Until someone is actually charged and convicted of the thefts mentioned above, there will be NO names posted on this thread. Anyone doing so may find themselves on the end of an infraction and/or ban.

I know it's sh*t having your stuff stolen or vandalised and I sympathise with those who have been on the receiving end of either, but the law here still states that a person is presumed innocent until proven otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

athtrasna wrote: »
    When they couldn't get the lock off they decided to wreck it, broke a fork, wrecked front wheel and bent the frame using the bike rack as a lever.

Not much help, but I'd prefer that rather than give the bastds the satisfaction of stealing it.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    Until someone is actually charged and convicted of the thefts mentioned above, there will be NO names posted on this thread. Anyone doing so may find themselves on the end of an infraction and/or ban.

I know it's sh*t having your stuff stolen or vandalised and I sympathise with those who have been on the receiving end of either, but the law here still states that a person is presumed innocent until proven otherwise.

I understand...hence I only stated part of the name. I did not identify anyone. But...it doesn't matter.

Oh, and for the record, the guy I mentioned has been found guilty...several times.

(I'm posting this here rather than in PM as your edit suggests that I broke the rules by posting someone's full name, and I wanted to set the record straight )

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I agree that you didn't post the full name, but there was enough there that could possibly identify the person to anyone who knows them. But just to be clear, my comments weren't aimed at you specifically, it was a general message to everyone so that people don't post names. Yours just happened to be the one that had a name in it, which is why it was edited, but my intention wasn't to single you out.

Advertisement