Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Benedicts NS and Scoil Grainne VEC

Options
  • 09-07-2011 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi,

My eldest is due to start school next September 2012, and am looking for any expriences, knowledge or opinions from parents with children in either of the above schools. (I have ruled out Castaheany ET, and am only considering the above).

I know St Benedicts is Catholic ethos and would be my preference. However I have heard that Scoil Grainne has very small classes, excellent resources etc.

Feel free to send me a PM if you'd rather not post here.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

Anyone?!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

St Benedicts is grand from my experience of having a little one going there.
    however, you may not have a choice as to where you can send your child.
    it depends on where you live and the catchment area of the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

Thanks CurryAddict. Yes I am within the catchment area for St Benedicts. Can you give me an idea of class sizes, and also if there is good support in terms of language and special needs?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

Curry addict I would be grateful to know also as my little one is due to start primary next year and similarly to Dublin Mum I have rules out the educate together.
    I am in the catchment area for both schools!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

Dublin Mum wrote: »
    Thanks CurryAddict. Yes I am within the catchment area for St Benedicts. Can you give me an idea of class sizes, and also if there is good support in terms of language and special needs?

there is 23 in my little ones class.
    ive no idea about special needs and language sorry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement