Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSFIV AE PC

Options
  • 09-07-2011 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

Not been able to find a single place that stocks it. I'm now looking to buy the Steam version.....am I crazy? Any downsides to the Steam version? Does modability suffer? By mods I mean custom skins etc. I've used a fair few in Vanilla along with the SFIV unlocker which saved me having to unlock all the chars again after a re-install.

Any PC SF players found a place in Dub that sells it, or can recommend an online e-tailer or fancy talking me out of a steam buy? :pac:

Thnx.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Its not getting a retail release till next week.

Steam version should be fine for custom skins and mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

The PC version is gonna be pretty tight

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

Tbh the only thing is slightly later DLC, i had a look through the folders and the skin folders are done out the exact same with the same files in it, i haven't tested mods for it yet but i'd say they'd all work, too busy playing Adon :P I'm apparently 49th best Adon in the world xD These PC leaderboards are funny at the moment.

I'd say rock the steam purchase, it's a shame you didn't preorder, i've been playing since last tuesday thanks to steam's genius idea of letting me proload unencrypted files and giving me a cd key lol.

I know i keep saying this everywhere but add me to GFWL when you get it, i'm exspes...really need to get an AE PC section put onto the irish players list sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of pre-ordering but I mistakenly thought the stores would be stocking it on the 8th. I've bought it on Steam, but getting really crappy download speeds since the Summer Sale is on :/

@ aeonfusion exspes eh? You didn't play ArmaII with a clan called Havoc Company by any chance did you? I'll add ya when I manage to get my game set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Nutrient wrote: »
    The PC version is gonna be pretty tight

It already is. Better graphics, loading times and net code than the consoles :)

• Advertisement

Nah man i never played ARMAII, twasn't me :P

It does look amazing on PC though, i see videos from consoles on youtube now and go 'awh it looks so crap' not the video quality the graphics :P

It's interesting aswell, i was watching a stream today of Auturo Sanchez in an Endless battle lobby, apparently marn and a few others are playing on PC now also, should be interesting to see how the community reacts to players with these status playing on pc. I can see a lot of people buying it on PC cause 'the pros say it's the best one' and so on :P I'm just happy the community is active and the match making is GREAT, rare you get to say that about a game but it's fantastic, so are the replays.

God damn i love this game.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Is anyone interested in getting the 4 pack on Steam with me? Tis 90 euro for 4 copies, so its 22.50 each

I'm finding the PC version less responsive than the Xbox version. Like there is input lag. Maybe I'm just too use to xbox version.

Odd thing is that I found the opposite through of vanilla SF 4 on PC.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Azza wrote: »
    I'm finding the PC version less responsive than the Xbox version. Like there is input lag. Maybe I'm just too use to xbox version.

Probably some tweak in some settings somewhere :P

EDIT: Just had a quick look on the Steam forums. There's a patch out soon fixing input lag

I'm impressed by the community playing this on pc. Loads of PM banter after games but no trolling or bitching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

It's the ease of access to a keyboard that gives that I imagine. I always have a keyboard beside me when playing on Live, but I imagine the average user doesn't. They only have time to slowly controller type one killer rage mail before jumping back into the Ranked meat grinder.
    I've noticed that whenever I get non hatemail it's usually a long sentence all properly spelled so I generally assume that it was actually typed as opposed to "lol rose fag"

I thought the same but then I just figured the game was different so combo timings were slightly off. Bison's c.lk chains are a lot harder for me in AE now.

Also, I REALLY need to learn to block your crossup Psycho Crusher on wakeup, I'm still not used to it coming pretty much from vanilla :P

I've only gotten one msg after a game in AE and it was 'looser' from a scrub DP masher. Having said that, the majority of PC players from vanilla were pretty decent chaps in my experience and I rarely got hatemail.

On a different note, how feckin' epic is the theme from the Car Crusher stage??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioJqCWaCNnU
    Sairus wrote: »
    It's the ease of access to a keyboard that gives that I imagine. I always have a keyboard beside me when playing on Live, but I imagine the average user doesn't. They only have time to slowly controller type one killer rage mail before jumping back into the Ranked meat grinder.
    I've noticed that whenever I get non hatemail it's usually a long sentence all properly spelled so I generally assume that it was actually typed as opposed to "lol rose fag"

Lol, rose fag :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

AeoNGriM wrote: »
    Lol, rose fag :P

See? You have access to a keyboard and already there's some punctuation sneaking in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

AeoNGriM wrote: »
    stuff
    [ YOUTUBE]just the bit of the url after "watch="[/YOUTUBE ]

yea i gotta say that about the community too, they're being very nice and happy and bantery alright :D some guy sent me a message the other day to tell me "your adon is terrifying, i can't do anything without being attacked" nicer than the "f'ing n00b" messages i used to get in vanilla. one guy was quite a dick, he beat me, i said nothing and i get a message 'awh don't be mad noob' i followed him into an endless lobby and beat him 3 times in a row :D

i think turning off v-sync and leaving your framerate on fixed is supposed to help input lag, i'm too scrubby to notice anything like input lag anyway, felt very very fluid to me compared to vanilla

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

I'm thinking about getting the PC version, Saw how it tests your PC to see if it's good enough to play AE.Nice Feature

http://www.dasreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/14ad7fa5e495880b0e1c19d39a1cde5b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

VizardAnto wrote: »
    I'm thinking about getting the PC version, Saw how it tests your PC to see if it's good enough to play AE.Nice Feature

http://www.dasreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/14ad7fa5e495880b0e1c19d39a1cde5b.jpg

Vanilla had a similar test. I could not get it to run at 60fps on my PC.

Got the full game and it worked fine.

VizardAnto wrote: »

Fantastic idea. There was nothing worse in vanilla than refreshing the lobbies and seeing a deceptive 5 bar green connection only to find the guy is playing on an ancient POS PC! Lost more than one match to this shenanigans.

BTW is it just my machine that runs the benchmark at 3 or 400+ fps and ridiculously fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Finding that myself thought the Horis were finally passing on, tried ps3 pad and 360 and same thing.

Patch coming for it according to Eurogamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Overclock your USB port.
    (That's actually a real thing)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Why are you still recording during matches? Why not play on 60fps then record the good matches from the replay list?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I don't hate Balrog in general.

I hate SF4 in general :pac:

BRING ON 3RD STRIKE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I've ha no real issues with the PC version, with vsync off I've felt no input lag in training mode and had very few issues in online matches.

With vsync off it feels much more responsive alright, but I can't play with vsync off, makes my eyes water up and is so damn ugly to have so much screen tear.

Did not have that problem with vsync enabled on vanilla.

yea ropedrink, i've seen that error myself with another Irish guy. I pm'd him to ask if he really had an E bench and he said 'nah it's A defo, 560gtx' Played him and and there wasn't a bother. BTW i'm adding you to GFWL cause i need a good balrog to pound my face in :P

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

With vsync off it feels much more responsive alright, but I can't play with vsync off, makes my eyes water up and is so damn ugly to have so much screen tear.

Did not have that problem with vsync enabled on vanilla.

It does have a fair bit of tearing alright, doesn't really bother me too much but I never really played vanilla on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Whats the deal with steam and GFWL etc. cross platform playing?

yea i'm exspes :)

the deal, there is no deal, both use gfwl. the only thing steam does is gives you a place to download it and a long wait for DLC :P something about microsoft not selling though steam or something. but yea there's no difference or divide, pc = pc not steam + gfwl...thank god :D

Looking for one more to pick up the 4 pack on Steam (22.50 each)

• Advertisement

Has Capcom released any sales data on AE? Might give some idea about the possibility of fighting games becoming a success on PC

Advertisement