Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motherboard dead

Options
  • 09-07-2011 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

hi, i have an old fuji siemens desktop and the mobo is dead, its an msi ms7504 v1. im trying to find another one to replace it with but cant. ianyone any ideas about an alternative- its running dual core intel 2gb ddr2 and sata, im not really clued up on inside a computer but all the easy stuff like changing cpu, fan ram hd ps aint a bother. thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

You just need a motherboard with the same socket. It doesn't matter if it is not the exact same model.
    I think you would need an LGA775 socket. So something like this would be fine:
    http://komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_01COM/15_MOBO/02_INTEL/productdetails/20004673/ASUS_P5P41T_LE_Motherboard_ATX_LGA775_Socket/90_MIBB00_G0EAY00Z/default.aspx

As far as assembly is concerned you should be fine if you look at a couple of the links in the stickies about this. The fact you will be disassembling your computer will help too, since you will see how it all hooks up (though the exact layout of the new board would presumably be slightly different)

edit: Well form factor might also be an issue I suppose! If you have a micro atx for example an atx board such as the one I linked might not fit into your case. Check what sizes your case supports, and if the boards contain sufficient slots/ports for your uses.

Advertisement