Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom NGB migration time?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Pangea wrote: »
    Got 'upgraded' this morning.
    Not even 1 lousy MB faster under Next generation broadband! :(
    Before
    28a822r.png

After
    1385196908.png

Mark is this the fastest my line can handle?
    Could you check please?
    Hi Pangea
    your line currently qualifies for 4Mb but will see if we can change this upwards to 7Mb. Cannot promise this will work and may cause connection drops.
    Let me know if you experiance drops, hopefully it will increase speed????:)
    This should take affect within 10 / 20mins.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Hi Pangea
    your line currently qualifies for 4Mb but will see if we can change this upwards to 7Mb. Cannot promise this will work and may cause connection drops.
    Let me know if you experiance drops, hopefully it will increase speed????:)
    This should take affect within 10 / 20mins.
    Tony
    Great thanks Tony, I'l keep you posted. :)

Wow that was fast, just doubled speeds! No connection drops or anything. Thanks!!!! :)
    1385232538.png

But why was it only upgraded to 4mb line? I understood from NGB I would be upgraded on a line up to 8mb

Wow that was fast, just doubled speeds! No connection drops or anything. Thanks!!!! :)
    1385232538.png

But why was it only upgraded to 4mb line? I understood from NGB I would be upgraded on a line up to 8mb

Really good to hear that Pangea. Bacically the NGB package allows an upgrade up to 8Mb, but really depends on what speed individual line speeds can deliver. In your own case when I ran a line test it should line would only handle 4Mb, but noticed that test was before NGB upgrade so had new test run. I hope all continues ok for you but if not let me know.
    Tony

Really good to hear that Pangea. Bacically the NGB package allows an upgrade up to 8Mb, but really depends on what speed individual line speeds can deliver. In your own case when I ran a line test it should line would only handle 4Mb, but noticed that test was before NGB upgrade so had new test run. I hope all continues ok for you but if not let me know.
    Tony

Thanks I noticed you said you upgraded my line to 7mb, is it possible you can upgrade it to a 8mb line seeing as its NGB can deliver up to 8mb speeds?

Also say if I wanted to upgrade to NGB Ultimate sometime in the future would my line be able to take advantage of the NGB Ultimates speeds of up to 24mb?

Thanks for the help, really handy to be able to communicate with eircom on boards.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks I noticed you said you upgraded my line to 7mb, is it possible you can upgrade it to a 8mb line seeing as its NGB can deliver up to 8mb speeds?

Also say if I wanted to upgrade to NGB Ultimate sometime in the future would my line be able to take advantage of the NGB Ultimates speeds of up to 24mb?

Thanks for the help, really handy to be able to communicate with eircom on boards.ie

Afraid not Pangea, we pushed it to the limit at 7Mb, any further and it would def affect connection. At this setting you should reseive stable and constant speeds. The package is up to 8Mb and was a free upgrade, NGB can only deliver what line allows.
    Tony

Afraid not Pangea, we pushed it to the limit at 7Mb, any further and it would def affect connection. At this setting you should reseive stable and constant speeds. The package is up to 8Mb and was a free upgrade, NGB can only deliver what line allows.
    Tony
    Thats grand thanks for clarifying that, Im delighted to get over 6mbs anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dinny55

Hi Mark

i was thinking of upgrading my broadband package and was wondering what the maximum speed i could receive is?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

Hi,

I received the letter from eircom telling me my exchange was in the process of being upgraded. I signed up and provided my email address but as of yet have heard nothing.
    Can you tell me how long it takes?

jayo..

jayo99 wrote: »
    Hi,

I received the letter from eircom telling me my exchange was in the process of being upgraded. I signed up and provided my email address but as of yet have heard nothing.
    Can you tell me how long it takes?

jayo..

Hi jayo99
    can you PM me your telephone number and I can advise you on this.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

dinny55 wrote: »
    Hi Mark

i was thinking of upgrading my broadband package and was wondering what the maximum speed i could receive is?

Hi dinny55,

Can you PM me the telephone number and I can look into your line capability.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dinny55

I've just sent you my number there now Mark

Thanks.

Sent you mine also :-)

thx
    jayo

• Registered Users Posts: 13 elliot_t

Hi, I've just spoken to an Eircom sales rep who told me that as the NGB site says APR-JUN for the exchange to be NGB enabled, that this must be Apr-Jun next year!? Is this the case? In Athy, Kildare.

tx. e

No Eircom rep got back to me here after I PM-ed my telephone number.
    However yesterday I got an email telling me I had been successfully migrated to NGB.
    Haven't noticed any speed increase. Will no doubt be given the "too far from the exchange excuse" :-/
    1425336727.png

No Eircom rep got back to me here after I PM-ed my telephone number.
    However yesterday I got an email telling me I had been successfully migrated to NGB.
    Haven't noticed any speed increase. Will no doubt be given the "too far from the exchange excuse" :-/
    1425336727.png

Hi jayo99

If you PM your telephone number I can look into the migration order for you.

Thanks, Mark

Pm-ed telephone number..

- jayo

Pm-ed telephone number..

- jayo

Hi jayo,

I PM you at 12:01 did you get it ok?

Thanks, Mark

cheers Mark..

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

Mark, any update on when Athy will get NGB, my current 7mb connection is suffering terrible slow-downs, latency spikes and only seems to allow me 3-4mb speed. Need NGB so bad :(

Can you give a definition on Athy's NGB plan? Does Athy have an exchange or whats the nearest, etc etc?

• Advertisement

Mark, any update on when Athy will get NGB, my current 7mb connection is suffering terrible slow-downs, latency spikes and only seems to allow me 3-4mb speed. Need NGB so bad :(

Can you give a definition on Athy's NGB plan? Does Athy have an exchange or whats the nearest, etc etc?

Hi Fatal Except1on,

I am afraid there is no definitive indication as yet, when we get the activation dates we have been insured that we will be made aware of it in advvance and we will post on the thread as soon as we have any info.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pfergie28

Hi Mark, Can I get NGB in Newbridge, Co Kildare? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

pfergie28 wrote: »
    Hi Mark, Can I get NGB in Newbridge, Co Kildare? Thanks

Hi pfergie28,

Thanks for your query and apologies for the delay.

According to the NGB network map, the Newbridge Exchange has been migrated and enabled.

If you wish to check this go to www.ngb.ie.

If you leave your email contact address you will be notified when your line is pending or upgraded to NGB.

Let me know if I can help you further.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tonzie17

Apologies for my ignorance but when the NGB arrives in my area does my 30Gb usage allowance become unlimted usage? Also are the expected change dates on the Eircom NGB map accurate? Thanks for any help.

Tonzie17 wrote: »
    Apologies for my ignorance but when the NGB arrives in my area does my 30Gb usage allowance become unlimted usage? Also are the expected change dates on the Eircom NGB map accurate? Thanks for any help.

Hi Tonzie
    If you currently have a Broadband Regular or higher package then you will be migrated automatically to the unlimited allowance package. If you PM me your tel. number I can confirm this for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Any info on the Clones, County Monagahan Exchange?
    According to the NGB.ie map, its listed as July-September, any activation dates yet ?

_John C wrote: »
    It must be that my exchange is ADSL2 and not ADSL2+.

Is there any plan to upgrade my exchange to ADSL2+ sometime in the future?

all the best,
    John

Hi _John C
    my records show your exchange ADSL+2 enabled, however official speed capacity is 12Mb while profile is synced higher at approx 17Mb. Your modem appears to be down at moment.
    I would have to suggest that you give tech support a call and speak to them re the possibility of higher speeds or of ensuring your current setting of approx 17Mb.
    Hope this helps to get a better service.
    Tony

Advertisement