Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM debited my money twice!

Options
  • 09-07-2011 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

I had money on my credit card because I had received a large refund so I decided to withdraw the cash at an ATM.

On my first attempt, the machine said "unable to complete transaction. Your card is being returned". I then tried again and got the money but when I looked online later, the money had been taken out twice :-( - I now owe 600 euro on my credit card.

I rang BOI about it but they said to ring back Monday to Friday between 9 and 5.

Will I get my money back??!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You should, yes. ATM"s have to be balanced and any irregularities will be investigated. BOI should be able to sort it out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

The same thing happened to me, Be quick about it! When i had problems with my ATM it was only 50e that was mistakenly removed from my account. I called into the bank to make a complaint,they gave me something to write my details on and told me they would call me back once the problem is resolved.2 weeks pass on and nothing has happened. I call into the bank again and find out and they didnt see any problems with their balance in the ATM's. I requested to speak the manager and wanted the camera's checked.They told me that they couldnt as the camera were over written. I kept on pestering every few weeks and they eventually gave in. For 600e though they may not generous.So all im saying is get them to check their balance,cameras if need be and speak directly to the manager,no one else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I used to get my train ticket from one of the machines at Connolly and would pay it with my laser card. A couple of times it said on the display that the transaction had been cancelled as they couldn't verify it or get in touch with the bank. So I tried another machine anf it worked. I later discovered that they had charged me twice. So had to call Irish Rail customer service and after plenty of questions, they refunded me the money. So be quick.

Advertisement