Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Care with FoneSure

Options
  • 09-07-2011 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Entered into an 18month contact with 3 two weeks ago and then later cancelled the contract a week later (last week). I paid the €81 up front for the yearly phone insurance. Within a day i wanted to cancel my contact because i was not getting the cover / data speeds i was told i would. It took over a week to get the contract cancelled because i had to allow engineers etc establish if the coverage was infact that bad.

I cancelled the contract last week in store and also wanted to get the 81euro refunded for the insurance but the staff member had advised he was unsure how i could get the €81 back and would contact me later in the week. I never received a phone call so i rang today and spoke to a manager who advised i have to do all my dealings through Fonesure. I was a little peeved because i asked that question up front and was told my dealings would be with 3 and 3 care. Sure the receipt i have for the insurance is with 3 Care, doesnt mention anything about fonesure. I cant get through at the moment but i have a feeling i will be given the run about and not refunded the full amount because i had the phone "2 weeks" - (through no choice of my own). Im curious are 3 allowed to fob me off as such as all my dealings where through them and i had no knowledge that they used a third party?

Would appreciate some advice thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Your contract is with who ever you paid the money to. In this case 3care. You will have to trail through their trems and conditions to see if you can cancel mid policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Cheers for the reply.

That was my thinking, i paid the money to 3 Care and 3 so why should i jump through the hoops and contact this third party.

Well the policy is cancelled in terms of the phone so now i just want a refund on the insurance as i was told i could redeem that aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sirpix

Contract is with3. If you have difficulty contact the insurance ombudsman.

Advertisement