Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting and transferring accounts

Options
  • 09-07-2011 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hiya,

I'm currently privately renting a house and will be moving to another in the next month or so. Is it possible to simply transfer my current broadband account to the new address? Are there any extra charges or contracts? I can't really find anything that says I can...everyone seems to say I'll have to open a new account and sign another 12 month contract :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Pixie84 wrote: »
    Hiya,

I'm currently privately renting a house and will be moving to another in the next month or so. Is it possible to simply transfer my current broadband account to the new address? Are there any extra charges or contracts? I can't really find anything that says I can...everyone seems to say I'll have to open a new account and sign another 12 month contract :eek:

Hi Pixie84,

I am afraid it is not possible to transfer a service from one account from another. When the customer moves address it is possible to keep the same account number and telephone number (if the new address is in the same exchange).

However connecting the line and broadband is seen as a new connection as such there wold be the standard 5 working day lead time to connect the broadband when the new account is set up. Which also means a new 12 month contract will apply at the new address as well.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pixie84

Well that's annoying...doesn't seem very fair to people who are privately renting and may not be there for the full 12 months (especially if there's a line up&running so it's not like eircom would have to do any extra work and you've already been with them for over a year elsewhere) What is the disconnection fee if you don't stay with them for the whole year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Pixie84 wrote: »
    Well that's annoying...doesn't seem very fair to people who are privately renting and may not be there for the full 12 months (especially if there's a line up&running so it's not like eircom would have to do any extra work and you've already been with them for over a year elsewhere) What is the disconnection fee if you don't stay with them for the whole year?

Hi Pixie84,

I appreciate your point. However the reason eircom had to implament the new contract and early cease charges for all new connections. As well as a deposit or direct debit policy.

As a large number of customers, even previous customers moved address and did not pay any oustanding bills / charges.

As such the contract and early cease charges had to applied to all customer in order to have a mesure of security.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement