Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Editing software not opening! HELP

Options
  • 09-07-2011 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I am having problems opening my Video editing software (Sony Movie Studio HD 10 platinum) I have just bought it and I installed it but I can not enter it Below are the actions that I have already taken: went through all solution suggestions on http://www.custcenter.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1382. 1. I am logged in as administrator. 2. I do not have "Studio" but ran the command line anyway. 3. pressed enter and deleted a Expolrerfavorites.txt although i was in a 9.0 folder of a trial version we had downloaded. 4. tried hardware acceleration on medium and on none, 5. Used MSCONFIG to disable all start-up items and rebooted. 6. Checked Terminal Services and it was set to Manual and was started. 7. Downloaded the most up to date version form your site and it was the same build No. (179) 8. DirectX version is 9.0c and remained at that after updating from the Microsoft site 9. Renamed the two DLL files and named them back 10. Did a clean install after uninstalling .NET V4.0, 3.5, 3.0, 2,0, all versions of Visual C++ ( there was no Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (SONY_MEDIAMGR) present) and then all Sony software, and the registry entries, rebooted and reinstalled. 11. Updated PC bios and checked all drivers but they were up to date. 12. Did not try this yet as there is only one PS2 socket on the MB and the keyboard is in that so the mouse has to be USB?? 13. There is no Compatibility Mode in XP pro??? If anyone could help with any Ideas it would be Great Regards,Conor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Sorry man that post is very hard to read in one big block like that. I think your best bet is with the products forum. That software isn't really industry standard or anything so most won't be using it.

If I had to go through what your going through I'd send the software back. It sounds utterly ridiculous the steps your having to take.

Advertisement