Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving out and lanlord entered house at his own and complaining of broken things

Options
  • 09-07-2011 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi all
    We lived at this place for one year and 4 weeks ago informed landlord that bla bla day we ll moving out. we agreed that we ll be moving out on friday, but because landlord lives far, landlard only could come on Saturday as he lives far. I agreed ok I ll drive from new place to old place and see you on saturday to handover keys and get deposit back.

so I texted on saturday morning to landlord that pls let me know in advance the time to meet at house as I ll have to drive for one hour.

landlord only texted me later and informing that he is already in the house and looking at house!! then I called immediately him, only to hear that house is in very bad condition, paint is very bad and have to repaint the house again! you ll have to pay the costs of repairs.

I did not understand while I still having the keys and we agreed we ll meet at the house, why landlord entered the house at his own, without informing me that he ll be entering the house without me. and now talking about "the paint coming off the walls" which I dnt remember seeing myself.

now he is saying, he can meet me next saturday but I told him that I need money back ASAP and cant wait till next weekend but no reply.

shoudnt be it done this way, we both meet at house and he sees the house before I handover keys to him and he could point out this is being damaged, while in my presence.

is it normal for landlord entering house without permission of "current tenant"?

anybody please suggest, should I contact PRTB and seek their help as I dnt know how much landlord is looking for or will he give me back any money at all?
    Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

First of all, dates rather than days would be more helpful.
    On what date does/did the lease expire?
    On what date did you leave the property?

Was an entry inventory done at the beginning of the tenancy - an inventory produced by the landlord and signed by you, stating the condition of everything in the property?

Advertisement