Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Home Ec

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

My teacher wouldn't tell me what level my journal was at until I had it all written up and handed in. Are you using all the headings? I had some space left in some places, but my writing was tiny and there was genuinely nothing left to say. I bet you're grand. It's a really stressful project, and it's easy to think that you're doing something wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

I think if you will leave a little bit of space it will be ok but don't leave huge spaces blank because it just doesn't look write ;) try to write it as tidy and nice as you can ! check everything few times after you will have all project finished... and don't worry once you get it done just forget it ! ;) you get whatever you get after you hand it up there is no way back

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

well i didnt leave that much space and i'm re writing some of it... i hope she does tell me, i dont want to spend 6th year regretting and over analysing what i've done yanno?
    ahh its a nightmare to do :eek: and it doesnt help that i'm in a class of people that arent exactly focused on it..i think only half of us are actually up to date on it!!
    is it marked hard do you think? and thank you as well :o

hmm i don't know how it is mark... but i know that people that corrects it don't take your project and read it all because it will just take too long... they are looking for key words and points e.g. If you was asked to state 3 ways of how a healthy meal can affect children diet they be looking for this 3 ways and if you will have like 2 or 5 or none then they be reading and looking on your work closer. My teacher also said that if you put work in a project than it will really help you in your LC.
    I was lucky with my class because there is like 20 something girls and I think 2-3 boys... so the majority of grils are doing the work and the boys do nothing...

hehehe funny thing is i'm in an all girls school :pac:
    thats a useful piece of info thanks- the way my teacher explained- either we had it all or we werent gonna get marks- i think thats what freaked me out :pac:

• Advertisement

the project is a massive amount of work... I'm so glad that I'm done with it ;) now i can only hope for good grade... Have you any tips how to summarise all the topics that need to be cover for the Home Ec LC without missing a key things ? I always learn pages and pages from home ec because all seems necessary for me...

omg i wish i did, i've been writing up notes these past few days- looked for bits i COULD leave out and couldnt find them... though i did do this:
    i wrote up the nutrient (e.g protein) and then at the last page i'd use i put the food commodity it related with, the deficiencies related to the lack of nutrients and then i put the diseases related to high intake of the foods (like CHD) and put page numbers where i could get more info

i dont know if that makes any sense, but its basically a page where i summarised it but managed to include what you would have to put to answer a long question

its ridiculous how much of it you need to learn o.O

yeah, e.g. vitamins are so confusing... and writing up one page of the project take just so much time because you writing have to be very tiny...

assignment one? i'm in the middle of writing it up at the moment :/
    its a killer

I've done my project in June because my teacher told as that the deadline is in June so I have all 5 assignments done. And the first one is okey there are many worst one ;)

• Advertisement

you're telling me- this ones my last though thank god :D
    i dont think i can take much more lol

What are the benefits of fortified foods to the consumer and to the manufacturer ?

Advertisement