Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollister Opening In Dublin

Options
  • 09-07-2011 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭

I'm going are you?? 15th July 9 Am Dundrum Town Center.
    What things can you get I read on Facebook theres a lucky dip with vouchers in it and you can win from 5 euro up to 100 what other goodies will you be able to get??? :pac:
    info about the new store, opening times and other details available at dundrum.ie and on dundrum and hollister facebook pages ,just so you know . Thought they dont give very much info about it and was just wondering if anyone knew anything extra that they could tell me ,thanks .
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

bb1234567 wrote: »
    I'm going are you?? 15th July 9 Am Dundrum Town Center.
    What things can you get I read on Facebook theres a lucky dip with vouchers in it and you can win from 5 euro up to 100 what other goodies will you be able to get??? :pac:
    info about the new store, opening times and other details available at dundrum.ie and on dundrum and hollister facebook pages ,just so you know . Thought they dont give very much info about it and was just wondering if anyone knew anything extra that they could tell me ,thanks .

Great. Another American shop that we can compare prices with and see how much we're getting ripped off here. My guess is a 30% mark up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Though I'm uninterested in the brand, it's great to see a big retailer setting up shop in Dublin. Afaik it's their first store, so it shows they think Irish people have still got money to spend. Too bad it's not in town, but what can you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Aard wrote: »
    Though I'm uninterested in the brand, it's great to see a big retailer setting up shop in Dublin. Afaik it's their first store, so it shows they think Irish people have still got money to spend. Too bad it's not in town, but what can you do.

They have one in Belfast for about 2 years now....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

emc2 wrote: »
    They have one in Belfast for about 2 years now....
    I walked by once and the queues to get into there were massive. WTF?

It's still their first shop in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I can't wait for it to open :D
    Although I have some feeling it will be a total rip off :(
    Heard abercrombie & fitch is opening sometime in Dublin too. Anybody else hear that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

who cares full of poshies and faggits who think their cool wearing abercrombie around ucd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

partyndbs wrote: »
    who cares full of poshies and faggits who think their cool wearing abercrombie around ucd

banned, 1 week

I can't wait for it to open :D
    Although I have some feeling it will be a total rip off :(
    Heard abercrombie & fitch is opening sometime in Dublin too. Anybody else hear that?
    They're the same company and usually like to open near each other.
    In this case, they're not because Abercrombie got a great deal on the old Habitat shop in Dublin.

Anyone wondering if HCo. is going to be a rip off here only has to look at the criticism in the UK where prices are double what they are in the USA. I'm sure it'll be another serious mark-up here for the garbage they produce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭barbiedollz

hi im thinkin of going down there later today......can any1 tell me what the crowds are like there cos i dont want 2 be queing outside d dam shop.....also anyone know what the prices are like

hi im thinkin of going down there later today......can any1 tell me what the crowds are like there cos i dont want 2 be queing outside d dam shop.....also anyone know what the prices are like
    I haven't been, but I can tell you with certainty that there will be massive queues and everything will be expensive. :)

• Advertisement

If you go let me know what it's like please. I'm hoping to go someday next week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭careca11

I'll be interested to know what kind of prices there stuff will be , as it is dirt cheap in the state's ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I think I speak for all of us when I say meh...

Well to be fair I was quite suprised at the prices and designs of Forever21 so I might be pleasantly be suprised with this but with Forever21

MY GOD THEIR SKIRTS ARE SHORTER THAN MY BOYFRIENDS
    ...cotton socks.

I'll have a look in this new store but I'm expecting the same thing, super short skirts, super short sleeves I'm looking for something smart and classy but I'm in my 20s so M&S isn't quite an option.. yet.

saa wrote: »
    I think I speak for all of us when I say meh...

Well to be fair I was quite suprised at the prices and designs of Forever21 so I might be pleasantly be suprised with this but with Forever21

MY GOD THEIR SKIRTS ARE SHORTER THAN MY BOYFRIENDS
    ...cotton socks.

I'll have a look in this new store but I'm expecting the same thing, super short skirts, super short sleeves I'm looking for something smart and classy but I'm in my 20s so M&S isn't quite an option.. yet.
    Forever 21 is about 1/10th the price of Hollister in the US, so you could imagine that the prices will be similar here.

This may answer your question:

261252_10150231664087531_123967997530_7928158_2354987_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

went up to dundrum today to look in the shop and there were huge crowds and queues- all teenagers- about 400 of them at 9 am, all queueing up for their photos with hollister models. there were even news reporters taking photos and interviews! The clothes were cool in the mens or 'dudes' section but I couldnt see any prices as there were no labels around them or on any of the clothes and it was dark inside and loud music playing- my mum wanted to leave and so me and my brother couldnt stay very long, but i liked the clothes so far- shud go down for a look anyway.

Woah the queue is massive :eek:

bb1234567 wrote: »
    ... I couldnt see any prices as there were no labels around them or on any of the clothes and it was dark inside and loud music playing- my mum wanted to leave ...
    So like any typical Hollister then :D

haha all that's missing is the cranked AC with them pumping their "scent" through the place in high quantities.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Very average clothing at ridiculous prices. Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The only good thing about the one in Belfast is the female staff, they're very good at what they do. . .mmmm, very good :D

The reason for the queues is that they only let a handful of people in at a time. Inside is dark and fairly cramped/clustered. I would wager that if they let more in there would be accidents and insurance claims - plus it makes the store look super duper popular

Not a fan myself as I don't really have anything against people with prosthetic limbs - try and let that persuade the missus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

OP was obviously shilling for the shop?

Then again, these brands do tend to inspire zombie levels of loyalty in people..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

whats hollister?

irishbird wrote: »
    whats hollister?
    http://tinyurl.com/6ehukzx

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

irishbird wrote: »
    whats hollister?

Whooa, look whos all hip and cool guys!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hogzy wrote: »
    Whooa, look whos all hip and cool goys!!!

Fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

This is the shop that only hires models as sales staff, yes?

I may go for a look next week. Couldn't give a toss about the clothes though, overpriced American garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 amy.d

anyone know how much the sweatpants/ tracksuit bottoms are there?? thx

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

amy.d wrote: »
    anyone know how much the sweatpants/ tracksuit bottoms are there?? thx
    I looked at the UK site and they're £36.50 so I'd say they'll be €45-€50. Which is insane money to pay for tracksuit bottoms imo. Anything over €10 is really, they're workout clothes! but then again I'm outside Hollister's target market I think so I can't really comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I want to meet the man who manages to sell a pair of sweatpants for fifty quid. And make him my financial advisor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

The battle lines are now drawn between preppies and hipsters, I hate them all

Advertisement