Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollister Opening In Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

spagboll wrote: »
    The battle lines are now drawn between preppies and normal people, I hate them all
    FYP

Who has said anything remotely 'hipster'?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

I thought they were coming here a few years too late, would of worn abercrombie/hollister polos and the likes a few years back but not anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

phasers wrote: »
    FYP

Who has said anything remotely 'hipster'?
    I hated Hollister before it was cool to hate Hollister.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I was never one for seriously deriding fashions - each to their own and all that - outside of a bit of gentle ribbing especially as I'm pushing on in age these days, but there is something faintly unpleasant about that aspirational, casual collegian outfit stuff.

Not to mention the fact that it appears to be basically expensive yet humdrum causal clothing covered in logos - ironically not a million miles away conceptually from what so-called "skangers" wear which is essentially expensive bland leisurewear festooned with logos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

I looked at the UK site and they're £36.50 so I'd say they'll be €45-€50. Which is insane money to pay for tracksuit bottoms imo. Anything over €10 is really, they're workout clothes! but then again I'm outside Hollister's target market I think so I can't really comment.

u buy ur tracksuit bottoms in bernardos or somethin? adidas nike are all at least 30 quid

• Advertisement

partyndbs wrote: »
    u buy ur tracksuit bottoms in bernardos or somethin? adidas nike are all at least 30 quid
    Sometimes, yes. Generally though I go to Dunnes or Penneys where they cost about 7 quid.

Is there something wrong with Barnardos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Apparently they're selling the clothes in euros as the same as in dollars so a $30 dollar t shirt will be €30 which is a massive rip off considering €1.00 gets you $1.40 or so at the minute.

Sometimes, yes. Generally though I go to Dunnes or Penneys where they cost about 7 quid.

Is there something wrong with Barnardos?

thats like sayin is there something wrong with aids? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Wow.

You're a smart one aren't you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bb1234567

No its not...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭mcw92

I dont think its cool to hate Hollister.
    Hollister and Abercrombie have nice comfortable clothes.
    Some people dont like them because they think they are too expensive.
    I think they are good price for quality.
    I have had a pair of there sweatpants i got for ~45€ two years ago and they're still perfect.
    Ive also had Jeans for the last near 2 years and they're also still perfect.
    A T-shirt for the last 3, still good.
    Abercrombie btw.
    Ive alot of Abercrombie and Hollister clothes at the moment because i like them.
    I say if you like them, can pay for them why not?
    I dont buy clothes to be like everyone else, i buy clothes because i like them.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

mcw92 wrote: »
    Ive alot of Abercrombie and Hollister clothes at the moment because i like them.

Female 18-25 by any chance? Use the word 'like' a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

my fav shop xxxxxx

poshie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

poshie

Permanent ban from this forum - nobody else is to respond to this troll

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bb1234567

is that guy banned forever? if so it seems a bit harsh, ive seen people on boards post much worse stuff than that:eek:

bb1234567 wrote: »
    is that guy banned forever? if so it seems a bit harsh, ive seen people on boards post much worse stuff than that:eek:

no just this section of the forum i think. its fine though he was probably from the northside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

loike wrote: »
    no just this section of the forum i think. its fine though he was probably from the northside

Harharhar, a Northside joke, you're hilarious.

Might as well tell you now you can also be banned for the childish Northside / Southside bollox.

RMD wrote: »
    Harharhar, a Northside joke, you're hilarious.

Might as well tell you now you can also be banned for the childish Northside / Southside bollox.

it was a joke get over it. i made one joke and someone who isnt even a mod is threatening me with a ban bahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

loike wrote: »
    it was a joke get over it. i made one joke and someone who isnt even a mod is threatening me with a ban bahaha

I wasn't threatening you with a ban since I'm clearly not a Mod. Just letting you know you can be banned for that childish crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Both of you, shut it

Soooooo... Hollister eh?

Yep, went in there with the OH last week or so and fúcking lol'd all over the place.
    Firstly, it's dark. I mean DARK in there. I'm not that old and I remember being at A&F when I was a teenager in the states and I've been to Hollister in the US before too and this one is exceptionally dark. So dark, you can't even properly see the clothes.

The shop itself is also shabby looking inside. You'd swear that it was years old. The spotlights are all pointing randomly at nothing and most aren't on.

The shop itself is also very small and quite maze-like. I'm used to the layout of these shops, this is just a mini version which (especially with lots of people in there) is VERY cramped and difficult to navigate; not made much better by the fact that it's dark as hell.

Prices are outrageous. About 50% higher than the US prices and then you have to multiply that number by 1.49ish to get the proper exchange price.
    It's also more expensive than the UK prices by a bit - remember the prices that were absolutely slammed in the UK a few months ago for being extortionate in comparison to the US prices and invoice price of the items... yeah, ours are higher than that by a good 10%.

Also, there is this teenager/early 20s muscle guy standing outside, basically naked... haha - try to look at him without laughing. He looks SO uncomfortable. Yeah, he's pretty ripped and waxed up... but he's just some muscled out Irish kid standing in a mall :D
    This is NOT SoCal, it just doesn't work here... it looks so out of place and the kid has zero self-confidence for that job. He just looks awkward and silly standing out there.

Overall, an amusing experience and I recommend everyone stops by for a good laugh.

hollister-at-dundrum.jpg

Is it like this? with the zinc on his nose and all? That poor guy!

hollister-at-dundrum.jpg

Is it like this? with the zinc on his nose and all? That poor guy!
    Yeah, it is. Except the guy I saw looked SUPER uncomfortable :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I was standing outside it and never realised it was Hollister :rolleyes:
    Love the clothes. But they are very expensive and you can barely see anything in there. I got lost several times :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

lol... us culchies down here in the midlands could buy hollister tshirts 5 years ago from the local mens store(genuine ones i might add).. and only 19.99 each.....whats all the fuss about.....

• Registered Users Posts: 39 patr1ck84

can't understand the logic behind this shop I was looking for it and walked past it because i didn't notice it due to it being badly signed and it being so dark, I found it through asking at the info desk,when I went in I couldn't see anything its way too dark in there the price tags have the smallest writing ever which coupled with the lack of light is a big problem, The music is blaring so its hard to even ask for help. I then queued and waited to be served 3 on the tills a big queue, 2 of the 3 working the other 1 playing with her mobile phone. overall a bad experience

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

patr1ck84 wrote: »
    can't understand the logic behind this shop I was looking for it and walked past it because i didn't notice it due to it being badly signed and it being so dark, I found it through asking at the info desk,when I went in I couldn't see anything its way too dark in there the price tags have the smallest writing ever which coupled with the lack of light is a big problem, The music is blaring so its hard to even ask for help. I then queued and waited to be served 3 on the tills a big queue, 2 of the 3 working the other 1 playing with her mobile phone. overall a bad experience

That sounds like a perfectly modeled Hollister/Abercrombie Store tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Hogzy wrote: »
    patr1ck84 wrote: »

That sounds like a perfectly modeled Hollister/Abercrombie Store tbh

Anyone any news on the abercrombie store college green?

Advertisement