Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollister Opening In Dublin

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

liffeylite wrote: »
    Anyone any news on the abercrombie store college green?

The opening has been delayed ,it was meant to open just before christmas.But I think its been postponed until atleast the end of jan or maybe in feb or later. The y delayed the opening because they wanted to see how business would go in the new hollister store in dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

bb1234567 wrote: »
    liffeylite wrote: »
    Anyone any news on the abercrombie store college green?

The opening has been delayed ,it was meant to open just before christmas.But I think its been postponed until atleast the end of jan or maybe in feb or later. The y delayed the opening because they wanted to see how business would go in the new hollister store in dundrum.

Cool. Thanks for that. I guess when you see some fitout activity in the store and the hoardings go up we will be getting somewhere. I hear hollister is doing well and ive no doubt abercrombie would boom in that location.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 brambo

bb1234567 wrote: »

I believe Dundrum is their second busiest and/or second most profitable store after their New York one.

brambo wrote: »
    I believe Dundrum is their second busiest and/or second most profitable store after their New York one.

Thats crazy:eek: They'll have to set up the abercrombie store with that in mind, thats really unbelievable isnt it, its not like dublins even that big or densely populated a city, maybe were just a very rich one.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Where in god's name did you hear that? It must be in €/sqm at the very least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Hmmmm, seems a bit unlikely to be honest-just due to population size more than anything else.

Hmmmm, seems a bit unlikely to be honest-just due to population size more than anything else.

I dont know, I've seen lots of friends on my facebook living in counties all across ireland making the journey down to dundurm especially for the hollister store and posting pics of their big adventure in Hollister Dundrum (how sad):eek: I looked on wikipedia and I learnt that Ireland as a whole may have a fairly small population but Dublin against the world with around 1.6 million inhabitants and almost 2 million in the greater Dublin area is a pretty big city by most world standards(excluding China and India and those places with ridiculous amounts of people) . If Dublin were in the us it would be among the 10 most populous cities in the country and it has a larger population than Manhattan island which I find pretty amazing(given Dublin far larger though and much less densely populated) But still seeing as Ireland has only one Hollister to share between its 5million or so people and its in a wealthy area in a very popular shopping centre I might believe it could be the second most profitable store in the world. When I'm in Dundrum there is always I mean always a line of "0 or so people waiting outside to get in and I'd say there is easily 50 people in the store at a time, so if you have 50 customers every second of every day in a pricey store = BIG $$$$$$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Lol. No, just no.

If Dublin were in the US, it'd be #36 on your list. (You're using the Greater Dublin Area, comparable with US metro areas: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_United_States_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas )

• Registered Users Posts: 49 brambo

I can't remember where I read it but if it's true I assume it's based on sales compared to store size.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

I can't remember where I read it but if it's true I assume it's based on sales compared to store size.

Greater dublin is actually 1.8 million, which moves it up to 31st :-) dont forget the demographics though. Dublin has a massive 20 something population and the 4th highest average salary of any european city. Added to that irs in the top 10 tourist cities in europe so there is a large market, no doubt. Plus lot of those larger us cities have more than one hollister store. But as mentioned by another poster, people come from all over the country to go to hollister. Abercrombie would be even bigger in its pull and would boost the whole south city centre. Higher footfall on grafton st than dundrum already ive no doubt abercrombie would pull in a new spike. If it opens :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

God, what a lot of fuss about a company that makes incontinence pants!

http://www.hollister.com/

Wait, what....

Advertisement