Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setting up a Gaelscoil.

• 09-07-2011 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi, This is something I was thinking about recentally, The nearest Gaelscoil to where I live is over 10 miles away and is Very dificult to get a place in.

I was woundering, How difficult is it to set up a Gaelscoil, Has anyone here ever been part of setting one up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I imagine it's the same as setting up any other school. You will need to see if there's a demand in the area for one. Get together with some other interested parents and form a working group. Contact the two(?) patron bodies for gael scoileanna and ask for advice.

At the very least you and the working group will need to hold a public meeting to gauge public interest and be able to present figures to the DES before getting temporary approval for school.

I can tell you now that you won't have one for this September but if you get moving now, assuming there is demand, you could have one for next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SpainneachC

Orion wrote: »
    I imagine it's the same as setting up any other school. You will need to see if there's a demand in the area for one. Get together with some other interested parents and form a working group. Contact the two(?) patron bodies for gael scoileanna and ask for advice.

At the very least you and the working group will need to hold a public meeting to gauge public interest and be able to present figures to the DES before getting temporary approval for school.

I can tell you now that you won't have one for this September but if you get moving now, assuming there is demand, you could have one for next year.

Contact Gaelscoileanna Teo. for information on how to go about it, you'll find more details on www.gaelscoileanna.ie.

Advertisement