Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mondello trackday training.

• 09-07-2011 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Was a good day out, alot of people turned up about 60, tons of nice bikes to make up for the wreck i brought... great confidence builder for the corners and knowing what the bike can actually do and i wasn't even near pushing the bikes limits, but was able to push my own a little and let go of some of the fear.

i know people swear by training and assessments but for me what i needed was a sharp corner that i could take and whatever pace i felt like and to know there wasn't a Cage coming around at me the other way, i will certainly be doing road skills training to improve my safety while driving in the near future but there is alot to be said for the benefits and lessons learned in the controlled environment of track.

messed up my racing line a few times and found it hard to adapt my driving habits to suit track riding, even had a bit of upright grass time, but i was so impressed and in awe of how other people got on, even one lad was sent low-side off the track because of another riders panic but be got up not whinging and got straight back in the fray.

Was a great day and higly rate it as money well spent.
    (sorry if you got stuck behind me too often)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

well did you see my other half? :)

I didnt know what bike you have to tell him to look out for you.

Sounded like an awesome day, someday...maybe :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

It was a great day. We were lucky to get such good weather considering Oxygen was on!

We had lots of track time considering there were so many. A few had off's but like you said they got straight back up. I agree that we were able to push a bit more because there wasn't any fear of oncoming cars. Even coming off like those few did didn't do any serious damage.

The slow control and braking techniques at the start were good. I need a lot more practice and am thinking about getting a few cones and going down to a local car park.

That instructor Tommy on his 2 stroke was very impressive. He was lapping everyone including the guys on 1000's. Lots learnt from the day and lots to learn. I'd definitely be up for another day to get more experience.

The rest of the instructors were really good too. Their level of control was amazing!

What were you riding down there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Here's me (white & Black CBR600rr) going past at 32 seconds

And again at 9 seconds

Great day, really enjoyed it.. pity I was out on my bike, I felt really nervous about dropping it so I took it really handy, love to try it on a tracker

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

I couldn't remember what colour your fellas bike was, and because i was there with my brother and friend i didn't mingle that much, i was number 40 in group D, if he was in group A or B, we would have been on opposite rotations on the track.

you can see my friend go past in the top video at 11 seconds rossi coloured original blade (yellow and blue), and then at 52 seconds you can see me and my brother, him with the orange lid on a triumph speed triple, and me on cbr600F.

i found the slow stuff fairly handy as i practise it going from my lane way beside my house into my driveway but my brother struggled a bit, but on the track he was fine and i was fairly pants.

i will definatly do a track day but i think ill wait until after the restriction and i have my practice with keeping speed through a corner, really enjoyed getting rid of my chicken strips only about 5mm either side now, would have been years clearing them on public roads! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

What's the deal with the 2 bikes with top boxes on them? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

RosieJoe wrote: »
    What's the deal with the 2 bikes with top boxes on them? :eek:

Where would they store their juice box's without them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

inchiuvatu wrote: »
    I couldn't remember what colour your fellas bike was, and because i was there with my brother and friend i didn't mingle that much, i was number 40 in group D, if he was in group A or B, we would have been on opposite rotations on the track.

you can see my friend go past in the top video at 11 seconds rossi coloured original blade (yellow and blue), and then at 52 seconds you can see me and my brother, him with the orange lid on a triumph speed triple, and me on cbr600F.

i found the slow stuff fairly handy as i practise it going from my lane way beside my house into my driveway but my brother struggled a bit, but on the track he was fine and i was fairly pants.

i will definatly do a track day but i think ill wait until after the restriction and i have my practice with keeping speed through a corner, really enjoyed getting rid of my chicken strips only about 5mm either side now, would have been years clearing them on public roads! :D

yea he said he was in the group with your mate and he was sound :)

heard there was one girl there too? cant wait to get to that level!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I'd love to try it on my H-D.

Just to wind people up :D:D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭txpjl

galwaytt wrote: »
    I'd love to try it on my H-D.

Just to wind people up :D:D

I have seen that. I think everybody should do some training on a track to open up their "Horizon".

P

Advertisement