Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Accounting

• 09-07-2011 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hello, what you think about this subject ?
    I find it a bit boring but not to bad. When you first face with it, it is a bit hard but practice and practice and it become easy ;)
    Hoping for A1. I heard that accounting is fairly easy to get an A1 into compare to the other subject because it is very repetitive

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

angela1711 wrote: »
    Hello, what you think about this subject ?
    I find it a bit boring but not to bad. When you first face with it, it is a bit hard but practice and practice and it become easy ;)
    Hoping for A1. I heard that accounting is fairly easy to get an A1 into compare to the other subject because it is very repetitive

it wasnt very repetitive this year:(
    it seems they can just change anything they want
    incomplete as a 60 this year?:confused:
    you cant predict it either

if the stuff comes up you've studied happy days!!!!

But it can go horribly wrong too.

ratios is nice:D

and all management accounting:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

I like ratios too ;)
    But the Q1 Final Accounts is always the same ? I mean either Trading,P&L, Manuf. Accounts etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,671 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Its not a difficult subject if you put a lot of effort in, I myself ended up putting less and less effort in as it went along, so doubt I got an A. Be wary of picking a subject that you may not enjoy.

did u get an A on HL paper ? without putting much effort ? than congratulations :D
    but that's probably not the best thing to do
    and i agree that not everyone would enjoy acc... i have a friend she hate acc and i can see how she is wasting her time

I said I doubt I got my A and I'm naturally good at it, just didn't put the effort in. It can be hard to put effort into Accounting imo as its very uninteresting

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    I said I doubt I got my A and I'm naturally good at it, just didn't put the effort in. It can be hard to put effort into Accounting imo as its very uninteresting

i find it extremely dull aswell tbh:(

doing the questions over and over again, which are all basically the same just the figures changes is very boring...

like its not the worst, not the best, it kinda went well for me on the day, i wanted the A1, but some thing just put me off:) they have to keep us on our feet though!

anyway it's easier to get an A1 in acc than in e.g. home ec or business cause acc do not require nearly any learning just practice

anyway it's easier to get an A1 in acc than in e.g. home ec or business cause acc do not require nearly any learning just practice

i totally agree:) trying to get an A1 in business lol i couldnt, but i really thought id get an A1 in acc if you know what i mean, i'd recommend it alright its alot easier than even biology or economics

• Advertisement

i don't know how is biology or economics because i don't do them but i heard that economics is not so hard
    don't scare mi with business because i dropped art and took business instead :P
    but teachers advised me to do it, not to be bragging but i'm good at remember things, i can remember half of the book and i have done business in JC so i hope i be okey ;)

oh sorry business is a grand subject like:D but hard to get an A1 in, like a B1 is really doable. Business is interesting i think just hard to clinch the A1:)

i'm catching up over the summer with the staff they have done in 5th year and I find it not too bad to catch up
    i actually hoping for an A or B3 but will see how the things will go, my acc teacher said that she can help me with business so it may be no so bad
    what topics in acc do you find most hard ? i think depriciation is *hit

i'm catching up over the summer with the staff they have done in 5th year and I find it not too bad to catch up
    i actually hoping for an A or B3 but will see how the things will go, my acc teacher said that she can help me with business so it may be no so bad
    what topics in acc do you find most hard ? i think depriciation is *hit

ah, its well doable in a year, if you can learn the book happy days!!!!

I half learned the book and done very well in every business test:)

As for accounting
    - Depreciation is up there on top
    - Suspense
    - Published:mad: :P

If you struggle with depreciation accounting isn't for you imo

ive the exam done and all lol, and it didnt come up
    i really didnt like it but it didnt matter the 20th june:P

Comes up everywhere..just not on its own

i found most of the course very doable, are you on about the depreciation in club account,service firm etc lol, not the 60 marker?

i mean i hate the depriciation on it's own... i don't mind it in questions like trading,p&l balance sheet etc.

i know what you mean, just cause you cant do depreciation its own doesnt mean you cant do accounting. Sure its easy in all the rest of the accounts.

• Advertisement

ye even my teacher said that u shouldn't be worry about depreciation on its own because it doesn't come up every year and there are a lot other questions to do

if you do the 120 marker theres no worries

i have a friend that can't manage depreciation at all even though she is well able to get a B1 and IMO u don't have to manage every account perfectly u just have to know it to certain points and you can get a high grade maybe not an A1 but B

very true, the most important thing about accounting i would say is not to cut down your options try and learn the whole course. :)

true and than if you know the whole course and can do every account to some point u can than see what are the best accounts for you and work on those to get you grade :)

I dont mean depreciation on its own..if you can't handle that its not good

Comes up in Q1 + club/service/incomplete/tab etc etc

and just just because something came up last year doesn't mean it wont come up the following, this was seen last year with cash budgeting, and this year with control accounts. I've learned this year never take predictions for acc:)

i didn't say i can't do it at all... i said i don't like it and it's not easy for me but with effort i can do it...

sorry lol, i meant that as advice to others, you have stated you will do it all and see your best accounts:)

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    I dont mean depreciation on its own..if you can't handle that its not good

Comes up in Q1 + club/service/incomplete/tab etc etc

I dont do q1, and the dep in club, service, incomplete, and tabular is easy, id be very worried if i couldnt do that:)

Advertisement