Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Accounting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

what you think about cash flow ;D ? i think is very easy and for OL is jest unbelievably easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

angela1711 wrote: »
    what you think about cash flow ;D ? i think is very easy and for OL is jest unbelievably easy

yes very nice, the only difference really is that you only have to learn the headings for the part B of it, and there more figures but very very doable and one of them sections with very little change:D

i have a friend she hadn't done business at all in JC and she took accounting for the LC she is completely lost now but my other friend also hadn't done business in JC and took acc and she is fine... well, not able for an A bout C on HL with an effort possible B1. The first friend is thinking about dropping acc in the day of LC and she doesn't want to take any other subject... she is sure that she don't pass even OL... she asked me what to do and i told her to do OL or drop it and take another subject instead, tbh i think she is able to pass OL but she just don't putt effort in class at all, she is not doing her HW and on the next day she's saying to teacher: "I don't understand it, I tried etc." but I know that she is doing no work. What do u think she should do ? Oh, and she doesn't need points nearly at all... so should she put more effort in acc or give it up and never mind it ?

i have a friend she hadn't done business at all in JC and she took accounting for the LC she is completely lost now but my other friend also hadn't done business in JC and took acc and she is fine... well, not able for an A bout C on HL with an effort possible B1. The first friend is thinking about dropping acc in the day of LC and she doesn't want to take any other subject... she is sure that she don't pass even OL... she asked me what to do and i told her to do OL or drop it and take another subject instead, tbh i think she is able to pass OL but she just don't putt effort in class at all, she is not doing her HW and on the next day she's saying to teacher: "I don't understand it, I tried etc." but I know that she is doing no work. What do u think she should do ? Oh, and she doesn't need points nearly at all... so should she put more effort in acc or give it up and never mind it ?

i'd say she should drop, ive a friend kinda like that, never put work in and as youve said in the first post i think, practice is essential for accounting. I think though if she is willing to put work into the ol she be grand, ol isnt difficult. Well you gave her the right advice anyway ol or drop it. I'm not sure about another subject unless the course would be short like ag science or economics, have ye talked about subjects she might take up?

i did but the case with her is that she would need a subject that require no effort like acc just practice or something easy, she wouldn't take ag.science for 100 % she was considering economics but it is not available in my school so i guess it will be hard for her to study on her own, not because the subject is hard but because of her small effort and i think that she is not enough motivated to study something on her own...
    i think she should do OL acc becuase it's easier than to start a new subject and is easy enough to get an A1 in OL

• Advertisement

i did but the case with her is that she would need a subject that require no effort like acc just practice or something easy, she wouldn't take ag.science for 100 % she was considering economics but it is not available in my school so i guess it will be hard for her to study on her own, not because the subject is hard but because of her small effort and i think that she is not enough motivated to study something on her own...
    i think she should do OL acc becuase it's easier than to start a new subject and is easy enough to get an A1 in OL

yes, what is in the accounting option in yere school is there 2 or 3 other options beside accounting? But yes i believe anyone could get an a in ol, you know 50% of the paper, ratios and cashflow, so thats positive, 60 points is 60 points, and ol doesnt require much practice tbh, it requires practice but not as much as the hl which she would be used to from 5th year:)

i know because most of the 5th year we've done OL questions are they were much easier then higher... even when i did homework OL question took me so much less time to get done. Besides acc she could pick business, ag science, biology, geography, chemistry or physics and all that construction studies etc.
    from this list she might eventually pick business as she hates geography and doesn't like science subjects

yes business would maybe the best if shes allowed change, id be against doing science subjects in a year tbh anyway, and ive heard terrible reviews on geog. All the sciences in that option:eek: wish my school was like that:)

we have more options like art,home ec etc. but she is already doing those
    she would be allowed because i did the same thing... changed art to business after 5th year and now i'm catching up with all the staff they did in 5th year.. i find it not so bad to catch up with business but i enjoy business... i think that she may have difficulties with learning all the material needed in business because she does not posses the ability to learn that much without huge effort if u know what i mean. Do you think is OL business is easier than OL accounting ?

we have more options like art,home ec etc. but she is already doing those
    she would be allowed because i did the same thing... changed art to business after 5th year and now i'm catching up with all the staff they did in 5th year.. i find it not so bad to catch up with business but i enjoy business... i think that she may have difficulties with learning all the material needed in business because she does not posses the ability to learn that much without huge effort if u know what i mean. Do you think is OL business is easier than OL accounting ?

oh yes, you were on the other thread, tbh no, ol acc is was easier and less effort.

• Advertisement

that's what i think too
    i think that OL acc is the best option because it will be the easiest thing to do, catching up in everything else will be harder

that's what i think too
    i think that OL acc is the best option because it will be the easiest thing to do, catching up in everything else will be harder

like if i put effort in i could get the acc ol done in about two weeks, business ol it could take months :L

there is a lot of information in business i mean like the book is not hard to understand and is grand but you have to know really a lot i suppose.... i wouldn't be changing such a subject like acc to something harder... practice is the keay +we have only like 6 people in acc class so teacher is able to explain everything very well

business is nice like, but if i was in your friends position id run a mile from it and stay in ol acc. Because in business theres not really a distinction between the content in hl and ol. Its the questions are asked differently in both papers. If you want an A1 in hl bus or an A1 in ol business you still have to learn around the same quantity of material

i believe is true, it seem to be same as with home ec.. even if u do OL you have too know pretty much the same stuff as HL

if i compare the amount of time i spent on acc to business there was a huge difference. Not in terms of difficulty. In terms of workload. I'm just lucky i found business interesting

i find LC business much more interesting then JC business

by a mile i hated jc business dunno why, but lc business really goes into the business the background behind it, and of course it applies to our everyday lifes so we benefit studying it:D

yes JC business was too much mixture between acc and business... and I haven't study at all for my JC business... I think the course is to boring and JC students don't mind to learn that much of information however for LC everyone is more mature and begin to study... well that's what people should do

yes JC business was too much mixture between acc and business... and I haven't study at all for my JC business... I think the course is to boring and JC students don't mind to learn that much of information however for LC everyone is more mature and begin to study... well that's what people should do

I find lc Acc and business easier than jc I know that might be a bit weird :L I hated the ledgers in the short questions swell and the paper 2 frightened me

• Advertisement

yes ledgers are dumm... all the business paper 2 I found boring and now I enjoy accounting :D and the paper 1 I found useless, especially the short questions and now I like business ;)
    I think that the LC business book is actually written easier than JC book

which book are you using?

"The Business" that's the tittle ;)

"The Business" that's the tittle ;)

yes excellent had that book aswell and the less stress by the same author is great aswell:D

ok thx i have to but the less stress is it less stress more success business higher level ?
    and do you know if accounting revision books are only for HL ?

ok thx i have to but the less stress is it less stress more success business higher level ?
    and do you know if accounting revision books are only for HL ?

yes less stress more success bus hl. the less stress is excellent... but i got it after xmas so no worries....... the book is absolutely fine. The revision books have a different format.

Revise wise lc acc is only hl yes.

Rapid revision by pat talty is hl and ol

Id recommend revise wise its very clear with solutions from past papers worked out and some made up questions made up by the author.

The theory is also very nicely laid out:)

Okey thx ;) i'm doing HL accounting but I was just wondering if OL is also available.
    I'm thinking if i should buy the revision book before september so i will have them from the beginning of the year or wait and buy them after x-mas like u did. In 5th year I got german less stress more success and i helped mi a lot with my oral ;)

its up to yourself... i bought some revision books in 5th year. It was just different with business because i liked the book and didnt see the need for a revision book but i heard good reviews and bought it. I nearly had all my revision books at the start of 6th year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

My business book is "Business Today". It's excellent but it does the old legislation (i.e pre changed laws for 2012) so we use extracts from a brand new book called "Business Express" for Consumer Protection Act 2007 etc.
    There's a teacher in my school who never said anything to her students about the revised legislation and they were learning Consumer Information Act 1978 etc.:eek: My friend who has her said she hadn't a clue and had no idea they updated the course for 2012 LC until I told him.

• Advertisement

teacher should say to students about such an important thing...

Advertisement