Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Accounting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

personally i left out the laws and done the rest of the course because i dont find the laws interesting. But you want to do law i recall or am i wrong? so youll have interest in it:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

yes i want to do it ;) i find all laws easy to learn but i know that most of people don't mind them

angela1711 wrote: »
    yes i want to do it ;) i find all laws easy to learn but i know that most of people don't mind them

im the opposite lol more of a science person.... but your off to a great start already, hardest thing in business imo:)

I hate science subjects... I enjoy home ec but this is not really science ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Hey guys, I have a question about Accounting and I was wondering if ye could help me out a bit!. I did Accounting for a couple of weeks this year but gave it up as I had a lot on with sports etc. I have "Accounting for Senior Cycle" and "Revise wise" and I was just wondering do you think I could take it up in the year?. I'd need a B2+. The only thing is i'm already doing 8 subjects and LCVP (self-teaching Economics) so I wouldn't have a huge amount of time! Do you think this is a crazy idea or what?. I'm quite good at Business ( I do both Business & Economics)

• Advertisement

hmm... in my opinion it depends how good your are at maths and logic thinking.
    It is possible to do acc in a year but personally I wouldn't be able to do it myself at HL... because some topics just need to be explained by teacher. It is not hard to get a B2 or higher in acc. It is very practical subject. I need to say that it was kind of stupid to give up a subject because of sports... I have the same text book as you. If you really want that B2+ you can give it a try ! ;) I will advise you to go to accounting teacher in your school and ask him/her for any advice and maybe a bit of help.
    Can you join the accounting class or it is impossible at this stage ?

id say it can be well done in a year, we done ol and little hl in 5th year,we did the majority in 6th year. its all about time and fitting it into your study... talk to your businees teacher its likely theyll teach accounting:)

I hate science subjects... I enjoy home ec but this is not really science ;)

im a freak lol love the sciences and business and economics:D accounting isnt too bad but i wouldnt change it for anything:)

We have done nearly only OL staff in 5th year. Anyway I think doing HL staff in class and doing HL staff alone is difference but why not give it a try ? IMO is better to take acc than to take chemistry etc. because acc is very easy to get an A1 in... way easier than chemistry etc. just practice.

imo i just dont understand how people do chemistry in a year lol, it must be daunting, it only all links in 6th year when the entire course is done. id definetly think acc is doable over chemistry. You could do most management accounting yourself lol very easy, im not gone on cash budgeting takes time but doable, you could do alot of the acc to an extent on your own but you obviously need the help of a teacher for tricky topics like suspense

• Advertisement

so try to do accounting :) and ask your teacher for help and you should be okey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

i didnt really like accounting tbh, not my worst subject but it was very boring, i found lots of it really easy and a lot of it was difficult and you really do need a teacher, i don't think its a self-teach kind of subject like business. i did have a busiess teacher in name but he just sat on his hole for two years reading the book aloud or reading the paper so we just taught ourselves

you can only teach yourself parts of it, youd definetly need a teacher

if any teacher wouldn't be able to help you than i would consider taking different subject

you really need someone to guide you

or go and get grinds

or go and get grinds

ive a quesition:P do you know how to do the equipment the depreciation aswell in the 2011 paper? i know totally random:D but its annoying the hell out of me:) club accounts

oh no don't ask me about it :D
    i didn't look at 2011 LC papers at all :P

oh no don't ask me about it :D
    i didn't look at 2011 LC papers at all :P

no bothers:D just everytime this is present in a question i never get it fully out:)

i haven't done any revision of depreciation since I did it first time in december so i remember nothing :D

• Advertisement

its ok :L i just get weirdly frustrated when it doesnt work out like the back of the book ( ya i know im very weird:p)

i know that feeling :D
    you are not that weird :P it is very annoying...
    and i hate the feeling when i'm trying to work something out for 1,5 hr and than it doesn't work out....

even though i could get 99% that 1% means so much lol and id stay there for hours

i always give it up :P I try to look for mistake but never see where it is and then i throw my accounting books away :P which is no good cause i should see where i went wrong

i always give it up :P I try to look for mistake but never see where it is and then i throw my accounting books away :P which is no good cause i should see where i went wrong

id stay at it, stress myself out to the last do it 3 or 4 times and if its still wrong frantically look through all the revision books, marking schemes mock papers and the book :L

i don't have that much self-motivation ^^

im just a freak haha, i make sure im realy good at the things i can do, like i could never do that for suspense or the depreciation q's cause i just find them too hard

i haven't done suspense yet :P

i haven't done suspense yet :P

you might be good at it, everyones different

• Advertisement

i probably wouldn't be good at it ;P

Advertisement