Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Accounting

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

In my opinion...accounting is one of the easiest subjects on the course and doesn't require that much work at all. I've heard people complaining about the workload but a single 45-minute question once a week isn't too much imo. Maybe our class just had a good teacher but I never found it too difficult. The only hard thing is the theory, but if you do business (I didn't) it should be a little easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

Fireball07 wrote: »
    In my opinion...accounting is one of the easiest subjects on the course and doesn't require that much work at all. I've heard people complaining about the workload but a single 45-minute question once a week isn't too much imo. Maybe our class just had a good teacher but I never found it too difficult. The only hard thing is the theory, but if you do business (I didn't) it should be a little easier.

I have exactly the same opinion. When I was in 5th year I though is not that easy but now when we started exam papers I find it great. I have a good teacher too and I'm doing business so it help me a lot. As regard to homework I get final accounts (question 1) once a weak so it is not bad. A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 nevelle

accounting is easier for some people though you have to remember, like there are some topics in accounting i find easy and that you can do quickly but there are others that i don't think i will ever understand and have a bit of a mental block to, *cough correction of errors cough*
    the best thing to do is to try and do at least 3/4 full questions at home yourself a week along with what you do in school - if you aren't getting homework. and learn the theory!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kilkennygirl11

hey everyone.....am an abridged profit and loss account is that just like a reconcilliation statement for cah flow questions.?? i know might be a dumb question but i'm completely confused ha

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Duffman K

In 6th year now and a combination of bad teachers and sheer boredom has led me to hate this subject. I don't find it at all interesting and even at that I wouldn't mind a bit more problem solving like in maths but it is extremely repetitive. I find some teachers go through alot of the work too quickly without really explaining it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Duffman K wrote: »
    In 6th year now and a combination of bad teachers and sheer boredom has led me to hate this subject. I don't find it at all interesting and even at that I wouldn't mind a bit more problem solving like in maths but it is extremely repetitive. I find some teachers go through alot of the work too quickly without really explaining it.

it definetly is the most boring subject. But I think its great for points. Like you said it is repetitive, you cant predict the paper anymore:(

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

Hey guys :)

I'm in 5th year now and i have the worst accounting teacher in history :(...
    i didn't do business for J.C and i'm struggling like hell..

If you guys have any notes/links which will help, please post it.
    We are doing control a/c's now and any notes on would help too :o

Thankss!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

RML wrote: »
    Hey guys :)

I'm in 5th year now and i have the worst accounting teacher in history :(...
    i didn't do business for J.C and i'm struggling like hell..

If you guys have any notes/links which will help, please post it.
    We are doing control a/c's now and any notes on would help too :o

Thankss!! :)
    I find the Revise Wise book to be really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

I find the Revise Wise book to be really good!

yeah..i have that book too but i don't get where the numbers are coming from and why..That just shows how worse my teacher is.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lauzie2011

Hey,i find the less stress more success book to be good for help with questions..it uses lot of examples from the papers and most of the time it shows the workings that go with the question :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 katierab

I really love accounting but unfortunately last year our teacher got ill and we had a replacement that didn't open an accounting book before coming to our school!! :mad: We have basically cover the entire course this year because of our new excellent teacher. However, I'm now finding it difficult to keep up and I'm considering dropping down. I only received a D2 in my mock paper but that was mostly due to my time management. I'd love to get and A1 but feel it's too late. :confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭brownstone

I think roughly 20% of students who sit higher level accounting achieve an A. I was meant to do history but it clashed with german so I did accounting instead, best choice I ever made. Your almost guarnteed an A1 if you put in the effort. Learn theory, it can be up to 30%... And get old pre papers off your teacher... At least that way you wont remember the figures from doing the questions before :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Leaving this year is gonna be:
    Q1 Company A/C / Sole Trader
    Q6 Suspense A/C/ Incomplete Records
    Q7 Cash flow/ Published/ Service/ Farm
    Q8 Absorbtion/ Marginal/ Product/ stock valuation/ Flexible budget
    Q9 Cash Budget/ Production Budget/ or both

So basically what im trying to say Accounting cannot be predicted in the leaving!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jameseyf

Anyone have any idea where to get leaving cert solutions from prior to 2001?

Advertisement