Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tell us about your cycle Yesterday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Lots of firsts this morning.

My first 70k+ (73 all in @24kph), my first sustained 3 hours on the bike, my first spin in clipless pedals, my first grazed knee from falling off due to clipless pedals...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 2406r

Blackrock - rathfarnham-stocking lan-sally gap- laragh - wicklow gap-lacken-ballydonnell - ballysmuttan- manor kilbride- brittas - templeogue - blackrock - first day with no tights so toes were cold .. all in all it was grand after the first 120k or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭secman

house-ballaygarrett-courtown-ballymoney-Tara-Arklow-Gorey-Ballycanew-Killenagh- house, A solo 68.5 km, got my average up another .5 km to 22.8 kmh. Hopefuly back to 25kmh + soon . Not a bad day after a gloomy morning. Head wind to Arklow, but sat up (sail effect) all the way back. A girl in SERC p.ssed pass me just coming out of Arklow, tried to go after her, caught her on the downwards. but got dropped on a few drags.... She headed straight into Gorey, thank God...... Enjoyed the chase......... long time since i chased anything !

Secman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

1st time past Sally Gap.

D12 - Stocking Lane/Military Road - Sally Gap - Laragh - Glendalough - Roundwood - Sally Gap - Stocking Lane/Military Road - D12

95km with 1,500m @ 21

Mental note to self, take Lough Dan descent from Sally Gap and ascend from Laragh side. The climb by Lough Dan nearly did for me after 70kms in the legs.

Must give Wicklow Gap a pop some day soon.

According to RWGPS I need another 1,102m for 100,000m climbing. The things ye do to enjoy a beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Just a quick spin after work. Was a bit tired but enjoyed it. http://www.strava.com/activities/135191960/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Ok, so it's not today's ride but I did the full Liege-Bastogne-Liege sportive on Saturday. My hardest day on the bike ever, 292km and 4500m climbing for the day. It was great to have done it and watching the pros go past on Cote La Redoute the next day surrounded by cheering Belgians was certainly memorable, but I won't be riding it again.

http://www.strava.com/activities/135223333

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭surripere

Chapeau! Awesome ride

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Ok, so it's not today's ride but I did the full Liege-Bastogne-Liege sportive on Saturday. My hardest day on the bike ever, 292km and 4500m climbing for the day. It was great to have done it and watching the pros go past on Cote La Redoute the next day surrounded by cheering Belgians was certainly memorable, but I won't be riding it again.

http://www.strava.com/activities/135223333

well done mate, if your willing to write bit about it be great to hear about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

I cycled into work today.
    In reality that's all that happened, but in my head for the whole commute I was in heaven and thinking

I'M CYCLING TO WORK TODAY!!!!!

10 weeks of disc problems and all the pain and heartache that goes with inury has kept me off my bike for 2½ very long months, but not today - today I cycled to work in the sunshine.

And to celebrate I've just placed an offer on a bike I shouldn't really be buying.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

godtabh wrote: »
    Same route but 31kph. Back to the slog tomorrow with the wind!

31.7km/h this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Ok, so it's not today's ride but I did the full Liege-Bastogne-Liege sportive on Saturday.

Great, great stuff. Chapeau bas!

30kms yesterday, 23.1kph average, puncture five minutes from home and a walk of shame to finish the spin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

20 km @ ~25 km/h yesterday testing new gear, tried the wall of asphalt near Ballincollig, got HR 180 bpm after 100m :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

This morning was supposed to be a gentle hour on the flat to stretch out the legs after my longest ever spin yesterday, but the sun was shining, the birds were singing and I had a rush of blood to the head and pointed myself at two of the steepest KOM's in my general vicinity... oops!

Anyway, I wasn't fast, but I made it up both of them and I have a baseline to work from for next time. Also the view from the summits made it worthwhile. Total 56k, 584m, 2.5hr. Onwards and upwards.

http://www.strava.com/activities/135407309

• Registered Users Posts: 45 SMacX

Cycled in the Coast Road from Bray to Sir John Rogerson's Quay. Beautiful morning. :)

Hating my Samsung S4 MapMyRide tracking as it is not as accurate as my Catey V3n :(

Loving the hills, only way to get better is to suffer :)

Hating the ****wits who tried to kill me while being oblivious to the world :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭furiousox

Drogheda-Baltray-Clogherhead-Castlebellingham-Dundalk-Ardee-Collon-Slane-Donore-Duleek-Drogheda.
    107km all in.
    Felt great until Ardee, rolling hills between Ardee and Slane took it out of me.
    Still, lovely day for it.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

furiousox wrote: »
    Drogheda-Baltray-Clogherhead-Castlebellingham-Dundalk-Ardee-Collon-Slane-Donore-Duleek-Drogheda.
    107km all in.
    Felt great until Ardee, rolling hills between Ardee and Slane took it out of me.

Nice spin, how was wind out by the seaside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭furiousox

Ok, only noticeable breeze all day was between Duleek & Drogheda :)

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Decided to push the pace on today and take it easy tomorrow. Ride got split into two for some unknown reason.
    Part 1
    Part 2

First evening ride of the year. 30km Drogheda laytown Duleek Drogheda. Perfect evening for it. Its great getting home from work and getting out on the bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

70km this evening , first twelve and last twelve on my own . Pushing it on way home on my own came down heavy on stones. Limped home , knee badly cut wrist sprained and ego in tatters :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Felloffmebike

furiousox wrote: »
    107km all in.

Nice spin. Was on that Ardee to Slane stretch on Saturday in the wind. Serious piece of road in a headwind or crosswind. Seems like there are no flat sections at all.

Nice spin. Was on that Ardee to Slane stretch on Saturday in the wind. Serious piece of road in a headwind or crosswind. Seems like there are no flat sections at all.

But an utterly brilliant piece of road to cycle. Has everything hard climbs fast, descents and great scenery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Cycled the last 30km or so of the Dublin stage of the Giro. 65km cycle in total. Beautiful day for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

a day in the hills for me first day of 1,000metres climbing this year nice day for it

http://app.strava.com/activities/135421597

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Nice spin up from Rathfarnham to Sally gap and back last night. Fantastic weather with barely a breeze and warm sunshine, could have been on a different planet to the same road last Saturday. Slow as ever for a net 20kph rolling, ah well...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

smacl wrote: »
    Nice spin up from Rathfarnham to Sally gap and back last night. Fantastic weather with barely a breeze and warm sunshine, could have been on a different planet to the same road last Saturday. Slow as ever for a net 20kph rolling, ah well...

Its the effort that counts!

Did about 600m of climbing before work today. Up to Johny Foxes, Enniskerry and finish it off with Stepaside Lane. All in all 40km at 26.3 km/h

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

So anyways.... bit of an accident on Monday morning, resulting in me in a heap with some really, really, I mean really sore ribs down my left. Left arm ain't the best either.
    :o

Basically a 6,000 square foot warehouse, eh, drove out in front of me.

Those bleedin' warehouses have no respect for cyclist tbh.

How I ended up flinging myself about 5 meters I have no idea but god damn, it hurt when I hit the deck. My poor Boardman's front wheel didn't come out of it too well either. Had to get it straightened on the same day otherwise I was walking home.

Been an awful long time since I came off a bike! But fair play to science and their pain relieving little pills. Special thanks to the cycling gods for deciding to give me a nice smokers cough for the last few days too. I appreciate the extra pain, no really, I do.

Regardless, having the brain capacity of an amoeba I struggled on with my monthly target.

The target was 750 km but I managed to hit 1031 today. Have my daily commute up to about 40-50km a day now and loving it (Which is kind of important)

2dmb50n.jpg

One more Strava target to hit and then I am blowing up their servers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭thejaguar

Nice spin out from Sandyford and up over Howth head and back to Rathfarnham. Was planning on heading up the mountains but couldn't resist getting a look at the Emerald Princess down in Dublin Bay.

2014-04-29%2017.38.56.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Had a group of lady cyclists tell me that "You've restored our faith in cyclists!" at Ardcath this evening. All for saying hello to them as I cycled past them and then giving them a bit of a slagging for not cycling hard enough (they were chatting while cycling up the hill at Ardcath!). They said that not a single rider from another group of riders from a different club, who I have noticed, ride out there each Wednesday evening, so much as grunted at them in greeting.

Score one for the nice guy in the Swords gear!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement