Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tell us about your cycle Yesterday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

For some unknown reason I've been keeping clear of climbing Kilakee since getting back on the bike about a year ago. I can't explain why but there you go. It's been almost 25 years since I've climbed it and today I just said "fcuk it - this needs to be done". The only problem now is I need to do it again to get a few PBs!

Happy out that I got up it so I continued on to Sally Gap, down into Manor Kilbride - Blessington - Naas - Rathcoole and home. 100km @ 25km/h and 950m so I'm happy out. Mrs. crosstownk had dinner almost ready as I got in the door. Perfect timing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

crosstownk wrote: »
    The only problem now is I need to do it again to get a few PBs!

Ya see, if you do it just the once then you already have the PB and don't need to do it again...

No. No. No. Improvement is the challenge although it can be difficult sometimes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭furiousox

75k around the hills of North County Dublin today.
    Mostly sunny so I was fine in my bibshorts and ss jersey with no base layer! :)

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Nice sunny 50km. Planned to do more but the bed was to comfy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Lashing in Cork but managed a 47km solo. Happy the distance is slowly increasing now that the comfort is sorted. I'm beginning to actually enjoy cycling now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Decided last week that I should join the local club. I enjoy cycling on my own but figured there was no harm in tapping into the knowledge of the experienced riders and pick up some tips to help myself become better, maybe discover some nice local routes that I'm unaware of and even make a friend or two.
    I dropped by the finish of the club league and chatted with a few of the guys and they pointed me in the direction of the Secretary. He recommended me to join the 25kmh group on Sundays at 9 just for a few weeks to get used to things and if I feel up to it then move to the faster group.
    So this morning I was lycra clad and ready for action at 8:30. Then the sh!t kicked off, the tyrant 2 year old decided to go on a rampage breaking crockery and his sisters toys.
    Sister starts screeching like a banshee and the hair pulling starts.
    Then Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrows appears at the door giving looks that can only mean "Oh, so you're going cycling with your new friends while I deal with this??? No, it's fine. Really. "

So it's after 9 before Ban Ki Moon has sorted everything and I finally head off. On my own.

Nice steady spin, Longwood - Rathmolyon - Summerhill - Kilcock - Enfield..... Then I see the club cyclists ahead of me on their way home. Obviously none of them have had to deal with 3 howling mentallers this morning. Bastards.
    So I put the hammer down and got a KOM on the home stretch through bull headedness.
    Moral victory.
    59.2 km in 2:00:07 @29.6 kmh.

http://www.strava.com/activities/184580689

As a footnote I'm absolutely loving the new bike.
    LOVING IT :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Did two laps of the old Sorrento Mountain Classic Course started from Laragh at 8am and ended up on 80km with 1300m of climbing.

A34DE232E93D4762BE858C5A5C8F235C-0000314346-0003649532-00800L-39B4EEF60F104D43A049710860B07CB8.jpg

http://www.strava.com/activities/184842231

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Jurassic Cyclist 24

Just went from Newport to achill island was grand :):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

A lovely 220km today along the Grand and Royal canals on a Carrera Subway running 26x1.5 tyres. 85k of canal towpath shaking hell out of the hands/wrists. Lovely weather for the most part (got rained on for the last 25k) and gorgeous scenery.

Forgot to sing The Auld Triangle at my companions though... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

godtabh wrote: »
    Got up. Had a puncture. Went back to bed
    you had a puncture or the bike?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Wife said she was leaving her sisters at 5, I leave work at 6 and don't bring keys (leave in office) I get home soaking wet and of course she's sitting in her sisters having tea still, hello hypothermia

*regularly leave keys in office to help power to weight ratio!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Wife said she was leaving her sisters at 5, I leave work at 6 and don't bring keys (leave in office) I get home soaking wet and of course she's sitting in her sisters having tea still, hello hypothermia

Can't trust women as far as you'd throw them. If she was really sorry she'd buy you a new bike..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Lovely weekend in Connemara (Saturday, anyway). Glen Inagh, Lough Fee, Lettergesh, Tully Cross, Kylemore Abbey... 50 of the prettiest Kms you'll see. All in the sun.

Here's a classic road - Glen Inagh valley, looking south.

https://flic.kr/p/oUBcJW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

they must be some size of a bunch of keys if you leave them in the office power to weight ratio, do you live in a prison?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Bloggsie wrote: »
    they must be some size of a bunch of keys if you leave them in the office power to weight ratio, do you live in a prison?

trust me i need to save every gram i possibly can :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Peterx

I didn't get wet through to the skin this morning on the commute. This was entirely due to the fact it wasn't raining as I found out yesterday that my waterproofs are actually not. That light misty rain is fierce wetting altogether..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Finally got back out on the bike for a short spin tonight just about 30km from home to the park did a couple of laps and back home.

Still struggling with the spd-sl's and had to blow a C02 cartridge due to a loose valve but it was great to get out.

Only thing of note was being overtaken by a female roadie who looked a lot fitter than me and deciding not to risk passing her for fear of getting schooled and followed her meekly down the magazine fort descent as she let a polite roar at a bunch of fatties strolling four abreast on the road but then she dropped her pace coming up at the other side of the magazine fort descent and I had no choice but to chug past her....intervals?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I cycled on/off a ferry. That's a first for me

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Cycling up that ramp in the wet is feckin' terrifying :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

That sounds perilously close to Triathlon...

41km this evening thanks to the evenings getting darker earlier. Good pace though - 27.8km/h. I missed a few PBs by mere seconds..... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

First HC climb ever yesterday, Prati do Tivo, in Abruzzo, Italy. 1100m climb, 1600 for the day. Hill top finish for both the Tirreno-Adriatico and the Giro in the past number of years. Strangely enjoyable.

148km from London to Harwick. Cycled some of the TdF Route. Nice day. Waiting for another ferry. Will cycle on/ off that too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Cycled onto car ferry few years ago to go to bear island from Castletownbere,bottom of ramp was in water which is not good for grip apparently :) back wheel went sideways I unclipped and did a very unflattering form of splits on the ramp. Couldn't walk up ramp in clips then, very embarrassing

91km from the Hoom of Holland to Amsterdam.

Cycled off a ferry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

91km from the Hoom of Holland to Amsterdam.

Cycled off a ferry!

Where are you going or did I miss a previous post??

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    Where are you going or did I miss a previous post??

Brussels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Brussels

is Amsterdam not the wrong direction??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    is Amsterdam not the wrong direction??

Not for good time girls and weed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement