Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us about your cycle Yesterday.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

You guys are awesome!!!
    :)

Highly observant is what you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Cycling along I round a corner into a carpark to see a dude who must have been late 50s/early 60s cycling backwards on a bmx, spin on his back wheel and then pop a wheelie...

Shortly after this I passed a guy on a unicycle. (given he was desperately holding onto a railing I reckon it was an xmas present).

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭feartuath

32k trail spin in Ballahouara trail Co Limerick.Nearly killed me.Excellent facility and plenty of others out also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭shed head

ccull123 wrote: »
    Anyone cycling from clontarf tomorrow to howth/portmarnock/malahide or will it be just TOO windy/?

its always windy, head down and grind it out, its only a short cycle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

Rookie mistake. Punctured - didn't check tyre properly for culprit - punctured again - air fill every 1k - walk -maintenance

Should I still have enjoyed it? I did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

nice spin from felda in Dundalk, through castlebellingham and onto dunleer...all with the wind in our faces might i add, then from dunleer to clogherhead, through port beach, annagassan and back to felda, 55km in total, first spin in two weeks,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Haven't cycled in almost 4 weeks !! :eek::(
    /damn head-cold/flu keeps coming back to bite me !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Ashbourne - Garristown - Naul - Clonalvey - Bellewstown - Duleek - Donore - Slane - Navan - Trim - Batterstown - Ratoath - Ashbourne, 115km and 1110m in total....

Last spin for 2012, thoroughly enjoyed it despite the painful headwind from Donore all the way to Trim, it was quite a pleasant day otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Very tough club spin today. 118km for me. I've no Garmin and a couple of the back roads were unfamiliar. As I remember it we went and did a loop around around those short hiils at the back of Newcastle, over to Sagart and up Slade Valley. Onto Sally Gap turning for the Ballysmuttin climb, staying left up another hill and back round to Blessington. Over to Naas, then on to Prosperous with 10mins up and overs. Back out to Kilcock with another set of up and overs that had everyone well and truely cooked by the end of it. Maynooth and then home for me.

Managed quite a bit this week, 500km+. A good 20 months since I did that sort of distance before injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Went for a spontaneous cycle at 10pm last night. Lucan - Clondalkin - Walkinstown - Templeogue - Marley Park. The wind was fierce, such concentration just to keep the bike straight getting battered from left to right, a bit of a tailwind followed by a massive headwind. Rinse and repeat all night. Then about 10km from home it absolutely bucketed down and I didn't have mudguards on and got something in my eye that was worse than the first time the optician man handled a contact lens into my eye and to top it off I got a puncture just as I pulled up to the door. Looked in the mirror to see blue hair dye had ran down the whole right side of my face.

Still probably the best cycle I've had all year though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Galway - Oughterard - Maum Cross - Costello - Spideal - Home, just under 100km in total. Tough spin and horrible wind with hail stones at one stage hitting me in the face, they would have to come while I'm facing the wind. Didn't expect it to be so wet as the forecast didn't show it but having no over shoes and non-water proof gloves left the feet and hands very cold at the half way point so straight into the shower when home! Haven't suffered like that in a while on the bike so Dominos now :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

first spin in too weeks only done 12 miles wet miserable windy fook the bike over the hedge spin :( i really need to get out more.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

In what may turn out to be my last spin of the year I took a KOM I had my eye on, and then was rewarded with a puncture. Some deity is taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

nice spin from haggardstown out to cooley and up to the longwomans grave, then down jenkinstown hill, through ravensdale, up to jonesborough and home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Met at Christchurch and punctured 20m later before heading out to Manor Kilbride and the Lakes. Should have expected the puncture given the amount of broken glass around from last night. Following wind coming down the Embankment nearly made up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

lovely 50k saunter around east meath with padjo5. First time on the bike in nearly two weeks due to being away and being struck down with a chest infection. felt great to be back on the bike!!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

lennymc wrote: »
    felt great to be back on the bike!!

Certainly seemed that way when I met you on the Duleek-Julianstown Rd, big shout from the two of you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Got a KOM in Strava on this morning's spin. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

First time back on the bike today since mid November.
    Short spin,mostly climbing. Lovely out there this morning but froze to death coming home.

Hit the flat yesterday - 60km all in - went around the airport road (the really smooth section where the long term parks are) and with a wind behind I bombed down it, pity I could not sustain that speed all the way home though. Felt good to be out, bit chilly so more reason to keep the cadence up to stay warm.

Its always a bit satisfying when there is a small ache after a good spin, reminds you that you did a bit of work :-)

• Advertisement

Did 70kms at an indoor velodrome in Augsburg on 30th December. It was my first time on an indoor track and I really enjoyed it!

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Did 70kms at an indoor velodrome in Augsburg on 30th December. It was my first time on an indoor track and I really enjoyed it!

good man. any plans to do any more? you can hire track bikes at the track in eamonn ceant park for a fiver.

good man. any plans to do any more? you can hire track bikes at the track in eamonn ceant park for a fiver.

I got my accreditation there in September 2011 with the same bro with whom I was at the Augsburg track with. I like the indoor though cos it doesn't matter if it's raining, snowing or windy!

I will do more certainly but will keep my focus on the road events and will do the track just for fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Do you have a link for more details of that? I had a quick look on Google and found some info for ladies training. I think I'd like to give track cycling a go .. at least once :)

ciotog wrote: »
    Do you have a link for more details of that? I had a quick look on Google and found some info for ladies training. I think I'd like to give track cycling a go .. at least once :)

http://www.trackcycling.ie/

all the info you need should be on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

Decided to head up towards the Sally Gap for the first time since September. All was going well up to the end of Cruagh road when I was pedalling and it was not resulting in forward movement. For a minute I thought I was the problem....instead it was the rear wheel. Turns out the freehub wore out (barely even 6000km on it), so freewheeled home and into the shop...eventful day to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Had my best spin in a good few weeks today, about 35km with 480m elevation. Regular spins like that and the WW100 shouldn't be too much trouble :)

It was also my first day using these road shoes and pedals instead of SPDs and mountain bike shoes. Delighted with the difference, I could immediately feel the difference in both comfort and efficiency. Also much more tough to clip in when the pedals are wet, had one very scary moment right at the start!

Should be a great year for me! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Cruagh, Sallygap, Laragh and back via Roundwood. Blowy as bejesus up top, and pretty shattered by the time I got home for what was a relatively short spin. Anyone know a good place to buy some HTFU, I seem to be running alarmingly low?

smacl wrote: »
    Cruagh, Sallygap, Laragh and back via Roundwood. Blowy as bejesus up top, and pretty shattered by the time I got home for what was a relatively short spin. Anyone know a good place to buy some HTFU, I seem to be running alarmingly low?

Come to boards.ie for some abuse. Should feel a course of HTFU coursing through your veins in no time. Do it twice next time or join the wimp list! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Second spin out after the relaxation and overindulgence, did a 40k taking in Tara and Skryne hills (or what pass for hills in South Meath ;) ) in under 90mins which isn't too bad for me. Spitting a bit and stiff breeze against me in places, but satisfied for now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement