Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Tell us about your cycle Yesterday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Alek wrote: »
    This kind of goes against the general consensus, doesn't it?

I've found Vittoria Open Corsas the best in wet ever.

I had little slips on both tyres. Nothing major but enough to plant the seed of doubt when cornering in the wet. Vittorias' just give me more confidence and also ride much nicer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Went out without my helmet this morning. I only discovered that I had left it behind when I went to take it off at the front door on my way back in after the ride.

I could have died!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Went out without my helmet this morning. I only discovered that I had left it behind when I went to take it off at the front door on my way back in after the ride.

I could have died!

The IMF satellites have now read your mind since it was left unprotected!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Luxman

43k around garristown and hollystown. Have a bit of a cheat wheeze so spent and hour and a half coughing and spluttering and spitting all over the place. Almost threw up with such a powerful hock. If only there was someone to see it😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

First time after a week of nasty chest infection (or maybe flu?), only 9km commute.

Average speed well below average, HR through the roof. But so went the mood! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

First time after a week of nasty chest infection (or maybe flu?), only 9km commute.

Average speed well below average, HR through the roof. But so went the mood! :D

If your HR is through the roof then are you sure you're completely over the chest infection? I've had months of the damn things over the last two years and a really elevated HR is my #1 warning sign that things are still dodgy in there :)

I feel much better today, my lungs have mostly cleared, but I know it will take a few days more to get back to shape.

After childhood of constant asthma attacks and lung infections, since I've hit the 20ties no ilness like this have ever lasted for more than 10 days.

I still carry an asthma spray with me at all times, just in case.

(And only recently discovered that its banned by UCI! :D May come handy on Evil200... :pac: )

(And only recently discovered that its banned by UCI! :D May come handy on Evil200... :pac: )

Since when is it banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Buchaill_Mor

Very embarrassed about this. Had a "conversation" with a person driving a car this morning, and did swear at him as the conversation continued. I may have let myself and other cyclists down.
    Cycling along some slow moving stop/start traffic. This guy moved into the kerb, to block my progress. So I stopped and waited for him to pull off, which he did, but still stop/start, but driving about an inch from the kerb, gesticulating at me to pass him on the inside, but not giving any room. So I passed him on the outside. Plenty of room between him and the median of the road. He rolled down the window shouting at me something along the lines "your supposed to be on the left you £$%^&r!". I stupidly stopped and told him I would have been if he had not have been driving in the %^&*ing gutter. He swore a bit more at me, and me a bit more at him, then moved off. He turned left at the next junction. He was not the only person driving close to the kerb that morning, I usually just wait and move with them, or if it is safe to do so, go around them when stopped, like he was. First time I had someone shout at me for it. Think he was upset that I was making progress, and he was intentionally blocking me in. Embarrassed that I reacted in the way I did though. Apart from that, my cycle was fine. Out of the pair of us, I am sure I arrived to work feeling better about my commute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Since when is it banned?

Salbutamol certainly isn't - though there is a very very high maximum you're allowed in your system. That was the one silver lining of all my recent chest infections - I'm now on the same asthma medicine as most of my sporting heroes - Radcliffe, Rupp, Farah etc :) I feel pro!

• Advertisement

Since when is it banned?
    Salbutamol certainly isn't

Fenoterol certainly is.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

36km spin yesterday, 41km today, the first few kms my hands were so cold that I considered jacking it in, but I'm glad now that I persisted. Roll on the warm evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I've had people do that to me too buchaill. Don't really know what they get out of it. One particular clown though was driving a nice new golf gti with a lovely set of alloys on it. He had been pulling right in on the kerb in front of me at every set of lights in the town with a big **** eating grin on his face. At one set though he was too busy grinning at me to notice that the kerb came out a bit onto the road. Lovely scrape front and back from his passenger side alloys. Served him right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

6K in on my first big ride, puncture. Stopped, changed tubes and got going again. 15K in, another puncture. Stopped, repaired tube and the valve broke just as I finished pumping. Thought it might hold but went down 2K up the road. Tried to repair original tube, but it refused to hold any air. I ran out of enthusiasm at this point and phoned for recovery.

What's more annoying than the flats, is that I actually felt really good when I had to call it a day. I've been working towards today since I started as it was my first big target and fell short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

rushfan wrote: »
    36km spin yesterday, 41km today, the first few kms my hands were so cold that I considered jacking it in, but I'm glad now that I persisted. Roll on the warm evenings.

Leaving work just before four pm this afternoon and the weather looked lovely so I thought, ah-ha Phoenix Park, N2 (via) Finglas, Ashbourne, Swords, Malahide and Portmarnock ~ first mistake was thinking I could leave my arm warmers off, second was thinking I could use my finglerless Sealskinz which I bought in Halfords for €7 yesterday.. By Finglas I was shivering, by St.Margaret's I was perished and cut the ride short and shot for home..

I'm sitting in front of a blazing fire with a Lemsip, tracksuit and scarf and feeling absolutely miserable :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Got my Trek 7.2 out of storage, put spd pedals on it and off I went, cold as fook and so so different to the road bike but still an enjoyable 20k around Dunboyne, On the upside My hoop is grand and I felt as safe as a house...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm sitting in front of a blazing fire with a Lemsip, tracksuit and scarf and feeling absolutely miserable :(

2 hours later...... Feeling cosier...?

The IMF satellites have now read your mind since it was left unprotected!

Pretty much all they would have gotten out of it is children's songs as that's mostly what comes out of my mouth these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Hill intervals on the turbo. Definitely getting better at them. Nice to be seeing improvements and really feeling good at the weekends on the longer spins now. Would like to get some hills in on the open road this week to see how far I've progressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Pretty much all they would have gotten out of it is children's songs as that's mostly what comes out of my mouth these days!

I have "The Wheels on the Bus" on repeat in my head.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,265 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Raam wrote: »
    I have "The Wheels on the Bus" on repeat in my head.

Surely in the Raam household it's the wheels on the bike that go round and round all day long?

crosstownk wrote: »
    2 hours later...... Feeling cosier...?

I've sat in front of a blazing fire, watched the first two episodes of Better Call Saul over a few vodka and cokes ~ yup, feeling much better thank you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭G1032

I've sat in front of a blazing fire, watched the first two episodes of Better Call Saul over a few vodka and cokes ~ yup, feeling much better thank you :D

Any good?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Small Rathfarnham - Cruagh - Foxes loop, only 25k but sufficient to justify avoiding the turbo later. Roads look and feel a bit greasy, so took it easy on the descents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,065 ✭✭✭✭neris

Did my 1st ever commute on monday. Not a pleasurable experience. However on a better not had my 1st training/leisure spin of the year last night. A lap of howth head which i over dressed for n was feckin roasting by the time i hit the summit. Good few others out aswell heading in the opposite direction

G1032 wrote: »
    Any good?

Fantastic, brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Fantastic, brilliant :D

Is that the vodka's opinion or yours?

Is that the vodka's opinion or yours?

Both, I watched it again today.

• Advertisement

Nothing major to report today other than the small matter of 6 2015 KOMs!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement