Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Tell us about your cycle Yesterday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

I had a few journeys at lunch today.

#1 3.09km in 14:10/13.1kph

#2 2.36km in 09:50/14.4kph

#3 1.14km in 03:59 /18kph

Dublin Bikes are very handy - about 25mins gentle cycling as compared to 75mins quick walking.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

I had a few journeys at lunch today.

#1 3.09km in 14:10/13.1kph

#2 2.36km in 09:50/14.4kph

#3 1.14km in 03:59 /18kph

Dublin Bikes are very handy - about 25mins gentle cycling as compared to 75mins quick walking.

Do Dublin bikes come with Garmins now? That'd be sweet..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

colm18 wrote: »
    Do Dublin bikes come with Garmins now? That'd be sweet..

I had it with me as I was curious as to what kind of speed I was generally doing on them - looks like about 15kph which gets me most places pretty quickly even when attempting the Col de Stephens Green North with over 1m (as in 2m) climbing.

I had it with me as I was curious as to what kind of speed I was generally doing on them - looks like about 15kph which gets me most places pretty quickly even when attempting the Col de Stephens Green North with over 1m (as in 2m) climbing.

I've always been curious as to whether I could get one up Kilmashogue or Stocking Lane.Might give it a go soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Out and back course to running at 90% max
    21.2km in 42 minutes @ 30.7kmph

Out felt crap and not surprisingly back felt as bad, but getting there. Second hard day in a row so going to hit the local hills tomorrow
    http://app.strava.com/activities/256584832

• Advertisement

I've always been curious as to whether I could get one up Kilmashogue or Stocking Lane.Might give it a go soon

Asked myself the same thing. The easiest gear would probably get you up.

ronoc wrote: »
    Asked myself the same thing. The easiest gear would probably get you up.

Boardsie Kilmashogue Dublin Bikes spin? :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Boardsie Kilmashogue Dublin Bikes spin? :pac:

That's your bike selected for the Evil 200 then Colm?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭smackyB

Think you've already been beaten to it lads :)

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2012/05/11/stop-dublin-bike-thief/

smackyB wrote: »

I actually had a chat with your man as he was ascending Shay Elliot that day...he seemed comfortable enough!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

Off this week so decided to spend some of it on the bike. Today seemed like a good day for a tiny spin. Strong winds and a some rain but enjoyable enough. Ham sandwich in Blarney was just to die for. Possibly would have died without it :D
    202km with 1873m climbing

STRAVA

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I actually had a chat with your man as he was ascending Shay Elliot that day...he seemed comfortable enough!

Same, he was doing better than I was on my hybrid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

Had a truly awesome cycle home from work. About 200 meters from the office the bike didn't feel right. Couldn't get any power down and just felt off. Noticed the saddle height was a touch low. Checked it and the seatpost clamp had cracked. So I couldnt use the saddle for the remainder of the journey. About 14km. 14km out of the saddle. My legs were burning by the time I got home but one hell of a workout!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

That wind this evening was brutal. Not the usual headwind but one of those that keeps hitting you on either side. Galeforce :/

I'd take a tough headwind anyday over this evening. I was knocked one or two feet at a time by side winds. I had to pull up at one stage.

Not great cycling weather :(

Still, I decided it was easier to prep and take out the Canyon, than change the snow tyres on the boardman :)

I'm lazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Awful cycle (commute) today.. I'm in competition prep (Judo comp) and battling a fecking chest/head cold the last week.

On the way into work this morning and on a road where I'm normally hitting 155bpm on the HRM I was up in the 180's.. Got into work, pee and I'm totally dehydrated so I start loading up with fluids.

On the way home and I get that wind others have mentioned, and I'm feeling miserable ~ I'm listening to Buck Cherry live and considering a sprint over Howth on the way home (despite the wind the sun was glorious) but I remember at sutton thinking to myself 'F*CK I'm not enjoying this, get home'.

God dammit I detest Feb, the start of my Judo competition year and ever damned Feb I'm battling bugs (sorry for the rant).

Oh, on a happy note ~ today was the first in awhile I took off the over shoes, arm warmers and one layer this morning and two this afternoon :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

smackyB wrote: »

Ventoux on a Boris Bike! (London Dub Bike)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUWCeAzkc2Q

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

A quick 25km spin around Swords and it's environs yesterday, no overshoes, only a base layer under the jacket, still wore the balaclava though. V windy, but enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Amprodude wrote: »
    60km yesterday at 30km/h avg speed. 83km today at 26.4 km/h. Bring.on the racing season.

All set for the Lacey cup so! Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Red Belly

153kms Wexford to Tullamore. Colder, windier and wetter than the forecast led me to believe but made it any way at avg 24kph. Very stiff neck for last 20/30k. The Marmotte has an extra 23kms and more than 4000m more climbing. A lot of work to do!😱

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I had someone try to kill me this morning. Going down a hill with some traffic, keeping up with them. Car just a little ahead decides to turn left onto some premises, only indicates at the last second and never glances in the mirror. Cue me skidding slowly to a stop from maybe 30kph as he plows through my right of way and doesn't know anything is wrong until my wheel gives a gentle tap on his rear bumper just as I manage to bring it to a halt. If he had started a tiny bit closer or my brakes were a bit looser he'd have gone right through me.

I think I called him an idiot and just cycled on, because I can't imagine any useful conversation to come out of that. I've had an eventful day on the bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

30k around Dunboyne today on my brand new, out of the box, just installed, shiny and sparkly new zonda wheels with new Veloflex corsa tires...

all I can say is roll baby roll...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭zindicato

Wasnt out cycling for a good while as IT Band problem kept me off the bike ..... .... First spin after a long time, totally struggled on the climbs and even on the flat threshold for pain is way low compared to before 50 odd kms climbed up viewing point and down enniskerry and back....lots of snow on featherbeds, Freezing up there testicles were gone and only resurfaced during coffee break in enniskerry heheheheheh... Glad to be back on the saddle ...little Baby steps :-)
    https://www.strava.com/activities/257829848

Went up stocking lane and back by Cruagh. Got this years first puncture on the way down:pac:

Changing tyres is no fun when you can't feel your fingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

52kms this morning. Greystones to Glencree via Aurora. Know someone living in Glencree so dropped in for a coffee then back home via Enniskerry. Fingers and toes seriously numb coming up to Glencree (forgot my overshoes of course). Other then that, a nice spin, even managed a 2nd overall on a segment in Greystones!

https://www.strava.com/activities/257836770

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

Nice spin around Blessington lakes. Didn't realise how cold it was out this morning and should have worn heavier tights, quads in particular felt it on the last climb up butter mountain. As usual I also got lost coming through Kilbride looking for Butter Mountain, can never remember the right turns coming through there and even when I have the worm map on the 500 for some reason the map always disappears in that area.

Highlight undoubtedly was about 1km from home where a helpful motorist took time out of their day to slow down and scream out their window for me to get off the road as its illegal from me to cycle on the road, and to get onto the path. The mind boggles!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Like some others I misjudged how cold it was out there - post shower, feet safely in my muggs and only warming up slowly. But managed 35km around Naas/Newbridge/Clane and happy to have got out.

Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭devonp

Sat spin ...
    some hills
    https://www.strava.com/activities/257953858/

was thinking of doing the Trim 80km tomorrow but the weather.....anyone else??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Bleedin freezing today. 93 km with the Galway cycle. Should have tacked on another 7 to make the 100 but was pretty tired after battling the wind.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Got some hills in today. Was gona go out tomorrow and take it easy today but the weather has put me off

https://www.strava.com/activities/257930951

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Red Belly

53kms Tullamore - Kilbeggan - Tyrellspass-Tullamore. Recovery ride after yesterday's Gran Fondo 150 effort. Bloody Freezin'! Makes a 328km week which is a huge jump in distance so time for a couple of days rest and recovery. Ate like an absolute pig today!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement