Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us about your cycle Yesterday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

EdRedbird wrote: »
    How you find the drag?
    I think the shimano's are the beesknees compared to the old run of the tire ones
    Have no switch on my light so my front/back are always on
    Now only have to make a directional bridge so I can replace my standard bulbs with LED ones.

never noticed to be honest the wheel looks like a good enought build ,i ride 26 inch wheel on the thorn tourer,
    so its a mavic 317 rim spokes 32 not sure of make (back)
    hub shimano dh- n72 which is supposed to be up there with the best of hubs ,does what it's supposed to do thats good enough for this kid.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭EdRedbird

never noticed to be honest the wheel looks like a good enought build ,i ride 26 inch wheel on the thorn tourer,
    so its a mavic 317 rim spokes 32 not sure of make (back)
    hub shimano dh- n72 which is supposed to be up there with the best of hubs ,does what it's supposed to do thats good enough for this kid.;)

Same here....
    Its just when i started reading up on them (trying to build a usb charger) i came on to drag.
    The only way I can spot the difference is spinning my and the missus' front wheel by hand. She has no dynamo.. Assuming I do rotate them with the same amount of power I get less revolutions out of my wheel. ;)

I always had and have issues with batteries. They run out shake loose etc.
    I like the idea of having lights on when i am moving. (Still have an LED front and back as well as backup/surplus)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

Same here....
    Its just when i started reading up on them (trying to build a usb charger) i came on to drag.
    The only way I can spot the difference is spinning my and the missus' front wheel by hand. She has no dynamo.. Assuming I do rotate them with the same amount of power I get less revolutions out of my wheel. ;)

I always had and have issues with batteries. They run out shake loose etc.
    I like the idea of having lights on when i am moving. (Still have an LED front and back as well as backup/surplus)

ah yeah make a lot of sense to me to have a good dynamo set up especally now the lights are getting better nd better all the time.
    right enough if i spin the wheel free hand there is a bit of drag when the light it switched on but i'm not a speed demon so it does not worry me..
    just seen this havent read it yet might be worth reading.
    http://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=63183.msg1416745#msg1416745

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

240km+ of tough cycling this weekend. I think just about the hardest two days training back to back I've experienced. Shattered now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Said i'd head out for a little run.

Got the gear on, jumped on the bike in the garden.

Farted and **** my pants, no lie. One of those wet ones.

Today's cycle is cancelled due to waterlogged jocks :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭EdRedbird

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Said i'd head out for a little run.

Got the gear on, jumped on the bike in the garden.

Farted and **** my pants, no lie. One of those wet ones.

Today's cycle is cancelled due to waterlogged jocks :(

To much Info...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

WAAAAAY To much Info...........
    Fixed.

Went out for a very wet short spin with a recovering RobFowl. Came across a rod that was flooded but passable. Took off a glove to take a pic and suddenly realised how well neoprene works. Hands were wet but warm.
    Rob Fowl has the pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Soft day for laps of Howth. Good to see lots of other cyclists and runners out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

bcmf wrote: »
    Went out for a very wet short spin with a recovering RobFowl. Came across a rod that was flooded but passable. Took off a glove to take a pic and suddenly realised how well neoprene works. Hands were wet but warm.
    Rob Fowl has the pics.

730732_10151288821343317_542403060_n.jpg?oh=531bb40e165cbd5ae2916bf1af84d3ef&oe=5119EFF4&__gda__=1360742342_c0a8f997819f075e3d52aa53ba97ffd9
    804556_10151288820783317_155101935_n.jpg?oh=3d22059cab0615072ef8934f077d425d&oe=5119B52C&__gda__=1360705566_e5ede1168a064baeaa6faf1aee781235

• Advertisement

RobFowl wrote: »
    730732_10151288821343317_542403060_n.jpg?oh=531bb40e165cbd5ae2916bf1af84d3ef&oe=5119EFF4&__gda__=1360742342_c0a8f997819f075e3d52aa53ba97ffd9
    804556_10151288820783317_155101935_n.jpg?oh=3d22059cab0615072ef8934f077d425d&oe=5119B52C&__gda__=1360705566_e5ede1168a064baeaa6faf1aee781235

Recce for Boards North County v2.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭jimbo28

First spin since christmas......a nice handy 20 miles. Had a few last night but felt o.k. I think racing in march is out but hopefully should be fit enough by april.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

In Cornwall at the moment. Had planned to cycle the 580km from Preston Lancashire (where I'd been staying for the last few days), got as far as Bristol and realised I was going to be late so got the train from Exeter to Falmouth after a solid 24 hour day plus change on the road, 450km on the bike all in and then a night out on the town so awake for well over 40 hours all told.

Felt like absolute mush for a good while but looking forward to the Easter Fleche now.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭detones

bcmf wrote: »

Recce for Boards North County v2.0

Bcmf: 50% roadie, 50% Otter!!

detones wrote: »
    Bcmf: 50% roadie, 50% Otter!!
    If I have my way routewise with the second Boards NCD spin this is just the warm up for the rest of the route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Did 83km with my club today at avg. 28.6km/ h according to my garmin eventhough i got dropped in the last 10km so pace was more than likely 29km/h. In total i did 90km. I cycled 3.5km to my meetup point and 3.5km back to where i left my car after cycle. Longest cycle i did since october and fastest for me personally that ive ever done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

First day back on road with club did handy 65 km with slow group , stuck out in front for as long as possible and brought a newbie home for last 20 so happy out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

Four hour round of golf, dinner and the match, 53k spin @ 28kph. Have to say I was a bit knackered going out so happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,441 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

wet

Wrong clothes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Was passing through Brittas today on my way back from a ride and I saw what seemed like a gaggle of Usher riders who seemed to be either getting ready for a ride or finishing up after a ride. They were probably finishing up though as I passed a guy (non-Usher kit) and a girl (Usher kit - an Usherette :) ) heading towards Embankment. Was there an event on or just a (well) organised club spin I wonder?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

wet but got my average speed up to 28.8kph. Did my morning spin in under an hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭buffalo

Yesterday's was so, so wet. I mixed up my sleeve/glove configuration, and ended up with very wet hands. And my waterproof socks finally gave in to the onslaught after about an hour, and filled up with water. So, so wet. Saw Caroline_ie and friend on the Clontarf cycleway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭C3PO

Most miserable mountain bike spin that I've had for a long time! I'm hoping we're getting the bad weather out of the way before a long, dry summer!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

Navan, to Donore, to Duleek, to Kentstown, back to Navan. 50Kms in all. I too got wet in the feet and hands, but after a long hot shower and warm food after the cycle i forgot all about the wetness of the ride.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

godtabh wrote: »
    wet but got my average speed up to 28.8kph. Did my morning spin in under an hour

Just looking at Garmin connect again and my average moving speed was 29.1kph

I think I'm ready to step up from the Orwell white group

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

C3PO wrote: »
    Most miserable mountain bike spin that I've had for a long time! I'm hoping we're getting the bad weather out of the way before a long, dry summer!! :rolleyes:
    If I had three wishes to pick, this one would be on my list...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭EaSwe

Recently resurface stretches of narrow country road are dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

saturday was a nice rolly 110 k spin westport - louisburgh - lennaun - westport, followed by another rolly 105k spin from castlebar - ma'am trasna - ballinarobe - castle bar. Weather was wet and cold on Saturday, but actually quite nice and even sunny in parts on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

I only went out today because I ate 1/3 of a cheesecake yesterday.

And there's still another 1/3 left :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement