Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Tell us about your cycle Yesterday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

45.6km with 33.3kmph average. Good to see the speed start to come in the legs after a heavy few weeks of climbing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

Summat like 264.2km with 2,279m at 32.1avg. Or something along those lines anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Plastik wrote: »
    Summat like 264.2km with 2,279m at 32.1avg. Or something along those lines anyway :)

Motorbike!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,009 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Are you sure? :confused:

264km on a pan flat road averaging 32km/h would be seriously impressive nevermind 2,279m of climbing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

Sure enough. Cork, Newbridge, Blessington, Sally Gap, Bray.

https://www.strava.com/activities/285938638

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Short spin today after work. 22.7 avg 26.3. Averaged over 30 on a tough segment which I was happy with as I was pushing hard on it just for fun.

Are you sure? :confused:

264km on a pan flat road averaging 32km/h would be seriously impressive nevermind 2,279m of climbing!

Apologies for doubting you - that's seriously impressive! I'm lost for words! :cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

OMG. This is for real.

Casque bas, Plastik!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Lovely morning out there. Was heading up Vico Road as the sun came up. Lovely view out to sea

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Wow. That is so far beyond what I could do I'm not sure whether it's inspiring or depressing..Chapeau!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

colm18 wrote: »
    Wow. That is so far beyond what I could do I'm not sure whether it's inspiring or depressing..Chapeau!

Both in equal measures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

what CC is the bike?

Apologies for doubting you - that's seriously impressive! I'm lost for words! :cool::cool::cool:
    me too, thats some spin!

godtabh wrote: »
    Lovely morning out there. Was heading up Vico Road as the sun came up. Lovely view out to sea
    The Vico Road, I havent cycled that in years, the last time i must have still been in school!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Bumped into Alek this morning at the start of my spin. 40km later and I get three punctures in the space of 100m - sidewall ripped. It's a long walk home!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Got out with club for 1st Wednesday spin in over 2 years. Happy out with it, still discomfort but held onto the group and got in just under 40km @ 31.7kmph avg, though I hit 186 on the heart rate, which wasn't ideal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Good thing about living in Naas is that within 5-10 min I can go from town to country....took off today up to kill through Johnstown and then out to Straffan back through Bodenstown and then out to Osberstown...perfect temperature
    First time for me out the Bodenstown Rd...

Snapped a pic of the canal on my way

WP_20150416_11_48_54_Pro.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

:-( You went up Sally Gap faster after about 250 km than I can manage it after 30. You're a freak

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Good thing about living in Naas is that within 5-10 min I can go from town to country....took off today up to kill through Johnstown and then out to Straffan back through Bodenstown and then out to Osberstown...perfect temperature

Ah, I do be up and about Carragh the odd time, my brother is law does be out around Clane, Straffan, Naas on the rothar, must make sure I give the nod if I see the boards.ie jersey :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Great day to get out on the bike.

Monasterevin,Vicarstown,Stradbally,The windy Gap,Ballylinan,Athy,Nurney,Kildare and home.

https://www.strava.com/activities/286470007

Quick pic on the way up the windy gap.

IMAG0441.jpg

• Advertisement

Ended up walking 8.5km with my bike and cleats to a bike shop, and had to leave the bike there and get a taxi home. Knackered, just wish I was knackered from a good long cycle.

Had originally planned to Hailo a taxi to bring me straight home, so made sure my bike was pretty clean before trying to get a larger taxi to take it... None of them would put the bike near the car.

Two new tyres please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OldBean wrote: »
    Ended up walking 8.5km with my bike and cleats to a bike shop, and had to leave the bike there and get a taxi home. Knackered, just wish I was knackered from a good long cycle.

Had originally planned to Hailo a taxi to bring me straight home, so made sure my bike was pretty clean before trying to get a larger taxi to take it... None of them would put the bike near the car.

Two new tyres please.

What happened?

Thorny branch ripped the sidewall of my tyre - brought 3 tubes as spares, and even patched up the inside of the tyre wall, but it was gone, total of 4 tubes, 3 canisters of co2 and 2 Pasalas in the bin.

And I got sunburnt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

My right leg was sore on the last few spins - especially climbing - I could't figure out why this had suddenly happened. I copped it yesterday. I had an irregular creaking/clicking noise from the bike since January. Rather than blitz all possible causes, I addressed one at a time so I could positively identify the culprit. It turned out that it was the seat post. Eventually (after removing BB, greasing skewers, crank arms, etc.) I removed the seat post and smeared it in grease and the noise disappeared.

What I didn't spot was that I didn't refit the seat post at the correct height - it was 20mm too high. Yesterday I did the measurements and dropped the seat post back to it's original position.

Today I went up Kilakee to Sally Gap with no problem. Hopefully I've nailed it and won't have any more issues.

It was spectacular up over the Featherbeds today. The Easterly breeze was cool enough but didn't detract from the pleasure of being able to climb without my leg screaming. There's something about that part of the world that is desolate yet beautiful. Hardly a car on the road. I met a few other cyclists and had a chat as we travelled along. A great day out on the bike. Roll on the weekend.

55km, 666m @ 23.2km/h. 450km for April........ so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

crap cycle this evening. set off and stopped less then 500m from home as chain felt like it was jumping on the rear deraileur so readjusted another few hundred meters on stopped again same problem. Did this another 3 times over the next 7km till i realised the problem was a chain connector id fitted yesterday was catching the jockey wheels as it went through. Theres a slight curve on it. Toddled off back home with the plan to take out my other bike which my son uses,. Changed the seat posts so Id have my saddle and set off. Barely got down the road before turning home. Position on the bike was all weird and was sitting on the point of the saddle with my arms straight barely able to touch the ground. expecting a new chain and casette tomorrow so hopfully will get somthing in tomorrow night as my planned target of 250km over this week is looking like a day dream now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Beauty of a day out. Did my first decent spin since being let out of coronary care! 60km and took in a lot of the canal round Naas sallins caragh etc. Beautiful to behold so it was. Was badly under pressure at times though. Fitness is gone to pot.
    image.jpg1_zpssjaanctw.jpg

Lex Luthor wrote: »

WP_20150416_11_48_54_Pro.jpg

I probably passed you at some point today so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    Beauty of a day out. Did my first decent spin since being let out of coronary care! 60km and took in a lot of the canal round Naas sallins caragh etc. Beautiful to behold so it was. Was badly under pressure at times though. Fitness is gone to pot.
    image.jpg1_zpssjaanctw.jpg

Is the coronary care for real? Well done, hope you stay on the road to recovery.

crosstownk wrote: »
    ....What I didn't spot was that I didn't refit the seat post at the correct height - it was 20mm too high...
    How could you not notice it was 20mm higher? I'd notice if mine was 2mm out!

(I have a mark on my seatposts to ensure correct height. I actually have several marks on each as I sometimes interchange them on bikes with different frame geometries),

• Advertisement

rizzodun wrote: »
    Is the coronary care for real? Well done, hope you stay on the road to recovery.

Yeah for real. Developed myocarditis (infection inside heart) and was brought in showing signs of a heart attack because of it. Happened back in Feb. Got the all clear few days ago to go back to normal activities.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement