Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us about your cycle Yesterday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

eat the cheesecake !you can go out again tomorrow , treat it as a training aid :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

shaka wrote: »
    eat the cheesecake !you can go out again tomorrow , treat it as a training aid :)

It's gone! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭secman

Went out late sat afternoon once i saw the forecast for Sunday, only got a short spin , left it too late to go out. 20 years ago i would have gone out on Sunday.......... not so gung ho now !

Secman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

godtabh wrote: »

Just looking at Garmin connect again and my average moving speed was 29.1kph

I think I'm ready to step up from the Orwell white group

My strava app, garmin edge and bike computer give me 3 differerent readings so i add the three up and divide by 3 to give me my average speed. I'm not sure which of the three is the most accurate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

65km on my touring bike with bags and a head wind. Tough enough but only a bit slower than the same spin on my road bike on Friday. Legs tired though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Amprodude wrote: »
    My strava app, garmin edge and bike computer give me 3 differerent readings so i add the three up and divide by 3 to give me my average speed. I'm not sure which of the three is the most accurate?

The fastest one of course - unless you're trying to do a particular distance in which case it's the one that shows that longest distance!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭EdRedbird

The fastest one of course - unless you're trying to do a particular distance in which case it's the one that shows that longest distance!;)

Add and divide by the number of wheels on your bike

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fengol

Decided to take the bike in to work this morning (first time in around 3 weeks). Was enjoying being back on it right up until I got sh!t on by two consecutive birds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭buffalo

Odd one today. Off work with conjunctivitis, decided to head out to Sallygap with the glorious day that was in it. Was wondering what that horrible scraping noise was from my back wheel, realised my brake pads had worn right down. Stop by Joe Daly's for replacements, get chatting to a guy from Dublin City BMX while we wait for lunch break to finish. Got the pads, and a loan of the tools to replace them, then set off again, bit worried that I might not have enough light left for my intended route.

Then I realised my front shifter had stopped dropping the chain into the little ring. Did a bit around Stepaside, but decide no hills today. Some Lucan riders fall in beside me for a short bit on the Grange Road. Get home, start tinkering with the limit screws, but makes no difference. Spring on it seems to be gone, start thinking I'll have to replace it, try some WD40 as a last effort, voila! Good as new - must've been some grit trapped inside or something.

Out to Clontarf, up Howth, home for shower and dinner. Will save Sallygap for another time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

rode in and out to work today either side of a 12 hour shift. Minus 9 on the way in! Just below freezing on the way home

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/273302744

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

48km on a completely new route today. Rain and headwind for 12km but it soon went away and the sun came out and dare I say, it was almost warm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Sun showers and flying insects. Has spring sprung? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭2011abc

buffalo wrote: »
    Off work with conjunctivitis, decided to head out to Sallygap with the glorious day that was in it.

Hmmmm,that reminds me of the time I was off school sick ,the teacher came round with a bag of oranges .Me Ma told him I was away doing a bike race !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭2011abc

Off work with conjunctivitis, decided to head out to Sallygap with the glorious day that was in it.

Hmmmm,that reminds me of the time I was off school sick ,the teacher came round with a bag of oranges .Me Ma told him I was away doing a bike race !

I spose 50+mph off the Sally Gap is gonna give the eyes a good washing out !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Around zero in Zurich today, but it's snowing. Nothing ploughed or gritted on the way in at 5.40 so hopefully it'll be sorted for the ride home later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

Odd one today. Off work with conjunctivitis, decided to head out to Sallygap with the glorious day that was in it.
    <SNIP>
    Just make sure you don't post on any public forums while you're out.
    Oh ... ;-)

2011abc wrote: »

I spose 50+mph off the Sally Gap is gonna give the eyes a good washing out !

Sitting in a warm, dry, bright office is hellish. Cycling outside on a vaguely warm, dry, sunny day was surprisingly okay. I think it's the humidity. :D
    route66 wrote: »
    Just make sure you don't post on any public forums while you're out.
    Oh ... ;-)

It's okay, nobody on this forum knows who I am, and where I work. Right, doozerie, Glenamaddy, kenmc, etc...

Days like today are why I love cycling. Out to Corkagh Park, ladies' skills session for a while - sprinting and attacking, good fun. Out to Carrickmines for a bike fitting, then dropped some friends for tea. Back through Dundrum to pick up some parts in Joe Daly's, chat to the lads in the shop. Then say hello to a friend through the window of a pub on Dorset Street. 70kms, and I wouldn't even consider myself as being out for a spin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

Nothing today but 40 miles on my tourer yesterday on one of my favourate routes,super calm day with beautiful blue sky what more could a fella want ,
    i actually think i'm getting slower on my rides :D:D but no matter i'm not out to impress anyone.
    roll on the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

Nothing today but 40 miles on my tourer yesterday on one of my favourate routes,super calm day with beautiful blue sky what more could a fella want ,
    i actually think i'm getting slower on my rides :D:D but no matter i'm not out to impress anyone.
    roll on the summer.

What Route you Do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

First 100 mile ride of 2013, hopefully many more to come.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

First 100 mile ride of 2012, hopefully many more to come.:D

Have you started in 2013 yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

How did you fit your bike into the DeLorean?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭shed head

km?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

shed head wrote: »
    km?

No, miles. 160.2km:eek:

Planning to do 200km next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Rofo

Fantastic day in Dublin and West Wicklow today. Almost Springy, dare I say it.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

drogdub wrote: »
    What Route you Do?

out to newgrange back roads to main slain rd on to rossnaree over to duleek to laytown bettystown mornington drogheda baltray termonfeckin road drogheda.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

First group ride today. Was good fun :), apart from the 40km/h headwind on the way out. 70km total in dry conditions for once

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

took my new rose carbon bike for it's first outing on an 88k spin yesterday, killaloe to ardnacrusha, on to broadford, up through o'callaghans mills, on to tulla, bodyke, back down to broadfor, bridgetown and home. started with 5 of us, 1 heaed for home after a while and 2 headed for home in a different direction with 15k left.

25km/hr average, nice handy spin for Feb, although i got into two top 10's on strava for two downhill sections into broadford without even knowing they were segments, first time i'd done the hill from that direction

smashing ride, but some serious knee pain since i got home, think my cleats need adjustment. scuppered plans for a ride today which is a real pity as it's a nice afternoon here. resting it up now as i still have some pain and no point facing weeks out just for one extra ride

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Nice 75km out in NCD this morning. Up snowtown and all the way back around the airport. Enjoyable but a strangely strong breeze even though it looked calm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement