Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us about your cycle Yesterday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭The Cycling pianist

Headed over to the RDS at 8am for college exams. Traffic was something else around Orwell road/Milltown. Spent most of the day with a wet ass, I need new waterproof trousers :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭Gearsofwars

Spent a few hours doing hill repeats on Slieve Coillte in between the showers and gale force winds 1633m, would have liked a long spin but not worth it in that weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

godtabh wrote: »
    what a poxy morning

Saw your spin on Strava this morning.

I'm suffering from a severe case on "Can't be assed in this weather" tbh.

Fair play for heading out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭G1032

Got an unexpected spin this evening. Happy days! 33km at 30km/hr average. Worked like a dog for the second half of the spin. Tough enough wind out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

G1032 wrote: »
    Got an unexpected spin this evening. Happy days! 33km at 30km/hr average. Worked like a dog for the second half of the spin. Tough enough wind out there.

Thank god someone else felt it. I was starting to think I was being stalked by my own personal headwind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Thank god someone else felt it. I was starting to think I was being stalked by my own personal headwind!

No. I had a headwind in every direction today too. Horrific. Had a few wind wobbles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

60 km Monday with a few climbs thrown in , terrible winds and screw holding on cage snapped on a dodgy descent that I was going a bit quick on. Felt like a 100k.

65 km last night with the club, got some speed work in with the faster group for last 6km, nearly left my lunch on the road. Group of 10 whittled down to three then regrouped to cycle in together.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Saw your spin on Strava this morning.

I'm suffering from a severe case on "Can't be assed in this weather" tbh.

Fair play for heading out.

I wake up most mornings thinking I cant be arsed. If I wake the wife I'm booted out of bed. If she doesnt wake its 50/50 if I'll go on bad mornings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Just back cycling after 3 years out. Fifth spin today. Previous four had been about 35km taking in Howth hill.

Headed out into the Dublin/Wicklow mountains. Managed 90km in 4hrs 15mins (including coffee & cake stop in Enniskerry).

Really chuffed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

No pre work spin this morning as had to move the furniture out of the living room before the builder came.

Did another dog leg on Commutourer on the way home when I heard the builder would be another hour, Testiclespan to Blackrock to Deansgrange to Foxrock church- Mt Merrion - Mt Anvil-Hosts town - Ranelagh and home .

Seemed to be a load of **** commuter racer types around Blackrock.

http://app.strava.com/activities/300137428

I r teh slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

snollup wrote: »
    Just back cycling after 3 years out. Fifth spin today. Previous four had been about 35km taking in Howth hill.

Fair play............5 spins in one day, you're taking it seriously then ;)

I got out today after putting on a new set of these.........

mavic_ksyrium_elite_s_red_2015_pair_1n.jpg

/Mavic Ksyrium Elite S Red & thanks to BTW :D

.........and I'm very impressed. I was faffing about, changing direction avoiding the rain and not really drilling it, so I was very surprised to see 29km/h as my average when I got back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭disco1

55 km around naul ..Drogheda...first spin in about 5 weeks being in gym only doing heavy weights..put on about a stone ,hills at naul where torture. Does not take long to get of shape

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Gorgeous morning for a spin, Longwood - Tara and back. Completely smashed my PR on Tara so I'm over the moon. Progress can be slow at times but when you see an improvement it's very rewarding. Might just have a pint tonight :)
    71.6 km in 2;27;55 @ 29.1kmh
    https://www.strava.com/activities/300887682

• Registered Users Posts: 10 heresjohnnyboy

I bought a bike for weight loss a fitness. Cycled for 10 mins today and had to stop with saddle rape pain ha feel pretty crappy reading all the comments with people cycling 50+ k haha :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

I bought a bike for weight loss a fitness. Cycled for 10 mins today and had to stop with saddle rape pain ha feel pretty crappy reading all the comments with people cycling 50+ k haha :(

Stick with it and soon 50k will be a short spin for you .

• Registered Users Posts: 10 heresjohnnyboy

sullzz wrote: »
    Stick with it and soon 50k will be a short spin for you .

Thanks mate but i doubt that ha can you even cycle that far on a mtb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,444 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

90 km in the burren. cracking the flags would have been perfect on the coast road if it wasn't for the tour buses. Still it wass pretty pleasant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Thanks mate but i doubt that ha can you even cycle that far on a mtb?

You could alright , but it'd be harder than on a roadbike , solution is ... Buy a road bike too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

They once felt crappie after 50 Km, we all did, persevere, see it as character building. Soon enough it will be a quick after work spin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Planned a longer spin today but felt/feel really sick. It was too nice a day to pass up though. 62.5km all in all. Disregard the KOM. It makes no sense. Average speed is clocked at 87.4 kmph and the Max speed is 72.7 kmph. I don't know how it happened.

https://www.strava.com/activities/301111197

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

National 400km audax

The first 160km in the lashing rain last night, then it dried up on the way in to Waterford. Rode about 300km of it solo. I got very sleepy between New Ross and Wexford. However, I reached Wexford at 7:00am this morning and ate like a king, large breakfast roll, yoghurt, banana and two large teas! I didn't eat at all for the first 100km.

I took nine hours for the first 200 and 12 hours for the second 200. The closing time for the ride is 10:00pm tonight, there are probably guys still out there on the route.

Need sleep...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

123kms today. Greystones Rathnew Gleneally Rathdrum Aughrim Slieve Maan Shay Elliot Wicklow Gap and home via Kilmacanoge. Felt good until after the Gap but then i just died, don't even know how i made it home! Was my first time up SM and SE and wanted to do them before the Wicklow 200. A bit worried about after today to be honest. Still, my longest ever cycle(by 3 kms) and a lot of climbing for me! Easily the most tired I've ever been on a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

Quick 30km around Bellewstown this evening. Only recently started cycling around there in the last while. Don't know why I ignored that area, bar going to Snowtown, for years. Really, really good cycling around there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭devonp

quick sat evening spin, had to get out in the nice weather after the drowning i got last night on the commute home
    first time with summer kit, felt very aero:P
    https://www.strava.com/activities/301244408

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

National 400km audax

The first 160km in the lashing rain last night, then it dried up on the way in to Waterford. Rode about 300km of it solo. I got very sleepy between New Ross and Wexford. However, I reached Wexford at 7:00am this morning and ate like a king, large breakfast roll, yoghurt, banana and two large teas! I didn't eat at all for the first 100km.

I took nine hours for the first 200 and 12 hours for the second 200. The closing time for the ride is 10:00pm tonight, there are probably guys still out there on the route.

Need sleep...

Serious work NP. You went off the front in the first 10 minutes never to be seen again.

When I got back at 17:40, there was only one rider still out. Seems we had an eager bunch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Cycled to Clontarf match. Great day for a good cycle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

This thread isn't about how far you cycled or how awesome you are.

It's just about YOUR cycle today or whenever.

It's one of the best thread on this forum and the best ones worth reading are about those just starting out and busting their thighs. It can provide inspiration to people of all levels.

For the record... I found the post here about the fella who came across a guy in tallaght giving himself a handjob at a bus stop a top post :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Nice 50km today up to Howth & back.
    46 trophies on strava.

Really went for it.
    25.6km/hr avg,

Will do 70 tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I planned to do 100km+ today. The WW200 is fast approaching. I headed out up Ballinascorney for the first time. It's tough but not insane. I managed it well by my standards.

Then just as I approached Blessington the damn piriformis crap started again. Sore right buttock and thigh. :mad: I turned for home and struggled. I was delighted to get to Crooksling and descend at leisure.

I got home a bit p1ssed off and have started back at the stretches to strengthen the muscle. Stretches I should never have stopped. Another lesson learned. :rolleyes:

50km, 390m @ 23.2km/h.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

For the record... I found the post here about the fella who came across a guy in tallaght giving himself a handjob at a bus stop a top post :D

Yer wha?! You might wanna choose your words more carefully there mate :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement