Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us about your cycle Yesterday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭secman

On Saturday, from house headed for kilmuckridge, Ballygarrett, killenagh,Ballycanew, Gorey , courtown, ballygarret, killenagh , home. 49km 23.5kph . Lovely evening for a spin.

Sunday, house to killenagh, ballycanew Gorey, down old n11 to Arklow. Around by rock of Arklow to Tara hill to Ballymoney. ..courtown..ballygarret. .killenagh ..home
    66km 23.4 kph nice morning for it..
    Both solo spins. .. numerous excuses from the rest of them. ... nice to get out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FP15

Completed my first 100km on sat (115km, 915m & 21.3avg) took me 5hrs 24, started in Clontarf along the coast through dun laoire up a really steep hill in Killiney on through Greystones until Rathew then back via N11 (very busy) delighted to break 100k as training for ROK & only managed 2 65's before this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

11km spin, first time on the bike in many years. It was good. I'll pick a few local routes to build up the mileage. There's a bit of a rattle or some sort of noise in the higher gears, so methinks it's time to get it looked at. Looking forward to more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

lovely evening for it. 54km up through ballyboughal and the naul, back down through oldtown. 27kph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

8 am start. Up ticknock, kilmashouse, tibradden lane,cruagh road,stocking lane, down bohrnabreena. Went back up to the military road by kilakee road thinking it was col de thourmalet as its called on strava but looks like I missed the start of it. On to kippure, then down through glenncree and up bridge road.

Smashing day and conditions couldn't have been better. Was feeling great all day and didn't want to stop.

92.9 km, 2344 meters , 22.7 kph.
    https://www.strava.com/activities/325879702

OCD *twitch*

8km to 100km.

*twitch*

Good climbing though!

*twitch*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

had day off and no evening plans so decided I would try a bit of climbing challenge after a busy week before with lots of cycling, tennis, tag. Anyway needless to say I got a hell of a day of climbing in.

Only did 58km but got in just over 1,500m of climbing, body wasn't just right so turned back on cruagh road and decided not to go past the 1,600m mark.

Strava: http://www.strava.com/activities/325942503

was lovely day for it and amazing the climbs we can find on our doorstep, didn't do any climb twice bar top of ticknock

manafana wrote: »
    had day off and no evening plans so decided I would try a bit of climbing challenge after a busy week before with lots of cycling, tennis, tag. Anyway needless to say I got a hell of a day of climbing in.

Only did 58km but got in just over 1,500m of climbing, body wasn't just right so turned back on cruagh road and decided not to go past the 1,600m mark.

Strava: http://www.strava.com/activities/325942503

was lovely day for it and amazing the climbs we can find on our doorstep, didn't do any climb twice bar top of ticknock

That was some savage climbing.

And you're right, we have a lot of good climbing on our doorstep.

For those of us who live at the foot of the Dublin Hills :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

OCD *twitch*

8km to 100km.

*twitch*

Good climbing though!

*twitch*
    Thank you

Tbh I taught it was going to be more meters. When I mapped it out i was sure it was about 2700. Will check tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

well, I finally popped my puncture cherry this morning, about one & 1/2 miles from Confey train station, the pump which was sold to me with the "of course it will work" effin didnt,it fell apart. 2 spare tubes & no way to inflate them, no choice but walk to the train.

do I get a badge or a medal?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Bloggsie wrote: »
    do I get a badge or a medal?

Maybe a new pump might be a better bet :pac:

• Advertisement

smacl wrote: »
    Maybe a new pump might be a better bet :pac:
    the one I bought was €25.00, there were some others from €8.00 upwards, in my foolish newbie stage i listened to the chap in the LBS rather than speaking to another cyclist or asking a question on here. Wont make that mistake again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

well, I finally popped my puncture cherry this morning

Same happened to me on my Sally Gap loop, well not me but one of my friends who was out with me. There were 5 of us out and I got a shout from way back from someone that she phone that she had a flat lol (of course with no tube or pump on them). I had to hike it half way up back up the hill we had just come down for about 1km to find her! 10 mins later we were back on the road, so not so bad, with me minus a tube :)

Also probably not a great idea to be so spaced out!

FWIW this is the pump i have

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/tools/cycling-tools/mini-pump/product/review-b-hoseroad-pump-11-45201/

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭fillup

the one I bought was €25.00, there were some others from €8.00 upwards, in my foolish newbie stage i listened to the chap in the LBS rather than speaking to another cyclist or asking a question on here. Wont make that mistake again!

Are you sure the pumps faulty?

At 25blips it should be a fairly decent pump - if it was you're first time trying it out there may have been something in the setup that prevented it from functioning correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭nilsonmickey

Söderhamn to Skärså and then onto Bervik. 70.2K in 2:31 mins. Very windy and pretty cold for this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Söderhamn to Skärså and then onto Bervik. 70.2K in 2:31 mins. Very windy and pretty cold for this time of year.

In Sweden on holiday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

fillup wrote: »
    Are you sure the pumps faulty?

At 25blips it should be a fairly decent pump - if it was you're first time trying it out there may have been something in the setup that prevented it from functioning correctly.

"And the Diplomat of the Year award goes to... " :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

The proudest most stressful and happiest 1.5km of my life.

Cycled to school with my daughter this morning.

Smiles all round. Today is a good day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Gofaster

83km - 26kph - 2720ft climbing, prob bit more Garmin telling lies lol

Good spin today. Warm, dry and bit windy.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

63k at 30.8 average and 627 climbing.

A flat spin from Greystones to brittas bay and back in the n11 and Coast roads.

Punctured on n11 near Newtown on way back. Went to pump up spare tube and it was punctured. Went to pump up second spare tube which was also punctured!! Don't know how that works, and don't know how it even happened. Neither was put into the tyre, I was pumping them as I took em from saddle bag. Strange.

Resigned myself to the fact my day was done and rang home for a lift. Boo bloody hoo.

Lovely day for cycling! Annoyed at missing the last 15k though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭G1032

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/ie/en/lezyne-pressure-drive-mini-pump/rp-prod24666

• Advertisement

Supposed to be taking it easy on the bike at the moment waiting for a hernia op, so just up and down to Glencullen from a few different angles today and yesterday at a very lazy pace. Better to be cycling and a bit sore than not cycling and a bit sore anyway. Would love to have skipped work and cycled all day given half a chance, but not a great idea. Still 65kph coming down from Pine Forest to Cruagh shook out a few cobwebs, and will sneak back up tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭marty_crane

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    The proudest most stressful and happiest 1.5km of my life.

Cycled to school with my daughter this morning.

Smiles all round. Today is a good day. :)

Please tell me you at least let her win....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

For once taking part was a win in my books. Honestly I was chuffed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭marty_crane

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    For once taking part was a win in my books. Honestly I was chuffed :)

And rightly so. Good on you both. Hopefully the first of many

my commute. 28.45k 1hr 9mins, 24.4avg. Had a mini fistpump moment when i saw it was under 1hr 10 for the 1st time.

oh & BTW good morning to the 2 ladies I passed on the lower road in lucan, I should have warned about the mutt just passed the wrens nest pub but i was still in shock at the speed of a van heading the other way, its was reckless and very dangerous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

FP15 wrote: »
    Completed my first 100km on sat (115km, 915m & 21.3avg) took me 5hrs 24, started in Clontarf along the coast through dun laoire up a really steep hill in Killiney on through Greystones until Rathew then back via N11 (very busy) delighted to break 100k as training for ROK & only managed 2 65's before this.

Well done!

Breaking that first Century is a nice feeling. Even if it probably was a pain in the arse :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

A local TT race. Route was pretty rolly and hit a bit of wind on one part. 16.4km in 27 minutes, just couldn't settle or find a good cadence not sure why. Average of 36kmph

• Advertisement

Ballyboden, Cruagh, Glencree, Enniskerry and back last night for 40k with an extra little hump at the end due to the Enniskerry road via knocksink being closed. Painfully slow pace on everything outside of the descents, but such is life. Sun has just come out some might risk another lunch time escape.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement