Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us about your cycle Yesterday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Notoldorwise

Pakie Ryan 50km in Newmarket on Fergus this morning. Huge credit to the organisers, stewards and the gardai. Great flow for cyclists through roundabouts in Shannon and Ennis. Loads of refreshments and entertainment laid on afterwards. Credit and thanks to all involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Left the house at 9:30 with the intention of doing a 70km relatively flat loop but a flock of sheep forced me to take another route and straight into a 2km climb/drag so I decided I'd stick to the hills around my home. Done 50km 753m of climbing st an average of 21.5kmh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Had a short spin yesterday with a little cllimbing, enjoyed it and took it handy as today I'm off on my first club spin. Heading out with the secomd group for a few spins initially as the main group have quite a few racing quality members.

Hopefully all goes well, it's a short route of a 60km loop but will likely tag on another 20km myself at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

dahat wrote: »
    Had a short spin yesterday with a little cllimbing, enjoyed it and took it handy as today I'm off on my first club spin. Heading out with the secomd group for a few spins initially as the main group have quite a few racing quality members.

Hopefully all goes well, it's a short route of a 60km loop but will likely tag on another 20km myself at the end.

Did you shave your legs? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

https://www.strava.com/activities/521787349

Almost 70k out to Howth and back. Chased a guy I thought was wearing a boards jersey but was a giro shirt. He was in short sleeves and legs and on a red single speed. Towed each other back as far as Malahide ( he did most the work tbh)
    Got a flat on the old main road, a couple of guys asked if I was ok, which was nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭devonp

phoenix park to howth, then 3x laps from SuttonX(the easy way) and back to PP
    forgot overshoes(still cold enough for spring) and the Garmin:( in the rush out the door(giving a lift to Chapelizod )
    accor to rwgps route 61km and 600m of Up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Just the 30km this morning. All into the wind. That's one way of curing a hangover I guess

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Did you shave your legs? :D

Feck no, still far too chilly but a fellow Peleton member had shorts on with plenty man fluff... No shaving for me yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭dunworth1

My first outing since breaking my ankle last summer only went 12km
    Found it tough enough but it'll get easier

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

dunworth1 wrote: »
    My first outing since breaking my ankle last summer only went 12km
    Found it tough enough but it'll get easier

As a wise man once said, it never gets easier you just go faster :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭martin.mcevoy

Des Hanlon A4 race. When will I ever admit to myself that I am **** at hills!!! Hardest race ever!!

https://www.strava.com/activities/522089987/segments/12553375896

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,495 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

First ever 100k+ ride.

Bolloxed.

https://www.strava.com/activities/522098418

Enjoyable first clib spin today with a small group as the main lads we off doing a flat 115k and decided to go with this group on my maiden voyage.

Nice and handy early doors and stsrted upping pace after a bit. Think they found it a bit hard which i felt bad over to be honest. Re grouped and went on our way again then at Glenbower i flew down and drove on up the road hitting some good speeds with one or two PR's as well

Also i nearly choked after munching the end of a bar at the start of Ninemilehouse drag, wont be doing that at the start of a hill again.

[url] https://www.strava.com/activities/521854885[/url]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭cython

113km or so today, from Blanch to Newcastle, then up towards Athgoe, and back down to Straffan. From there headed over to Newtown and out to Mother Hubbards to meet a club group, and came back as far as Maynooth with them, and then home from there. Few PRs, but more interested in the segments I hadn't recorded before (so thus a default but un-noted PR) where I stacked up pretty well against most people I follow. Average speed dropped after meeting the group, but 26.8km/h not bad considering that.

https://www.strava.com/activities/522134795

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

40kms this morning in bitterly cold weather. Had planned on going up to Turlough Hill but got to Roundwood and it was just too cold so i went home. Now of course it's glorious out there!

+1

40kms this morning in bitterly cold weather. Had planned on going up to Turlough Hill but got to Roundwood and it was just too cold so i went home. Now of course it's glorious out there!
    +1

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Marevichez Cup yesterday, sweet divine but 5 loops of that pig of a hill!!! Still carryn too much weight. Back to the drawing board. Still learning I suppose at this racing lark! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭lethal dose

Des Hanlon A4 race. When will I ever admit to myself that I am **** at hills!!! Hardest race ever!!

https://www.strava.com/activities/522089987/segments/12553375896

Got a quick 50 km in this morning and passed that way before the start, looked like a big turnout too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭G1032

So after lots of talk of joining a club I finally went for a club spin with Castlebar today. I'll send on the fee this week and get my membership sorted.
    Had a great morning for it. Hardly a breath of wind. Looking forward to many more spins with the club.
    Today's spin was 86km and only stopped for road work traffic lights. Man alive but I was bursting for a wee at the end!! :)
    Averaged 31.2 km/hr for the 86km

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,007 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Ended up doing an unplanned 200k today. The weather was too good to go home after the club ride! :cool:

https://www.strava.com/activities/522298149

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Paddy's Day. Drove to Moate, took the touring bike for a change. Started along the new greenway to Athlone, then along backroads beside Logh Ree to Ballymahon, then on the canal to Mullingar (greenway from Abbeyshrule) and back along the greenway to Moate. It was my first time on the Mullingar-Athlone greenway. A great example of what they can be; well signposted, top surface.

94KM, 6:45 with three stops for a pint along the way. Gorgeous weather, loads of people on the greenways.

Between Abbeyshrule and Mullingar
    DSC_0350_zpsckuavlsx.jpg

Castletown train station
    DSC_0371_zpskox4id4g.jpg

Somewhere near Moate
    DSC_0376_zpsvnrsrg4u.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

That big ball of yellow Molten lava stuff is very deceiving.

Bright Sun =/= heat to Earth due to Science, cooling Earth and time to heat up again.

It wasn't really that warm today unless you were standing still in direct sunlight.

Body heat + Sun = warmth.

The missus wanting me to check out her new commute when I had "cooled down" = pain in the nuts cold afternoon cycle.

Freezing, even though that big yellow thing was up there.

Still, managed Sally gap today on the "new" bike, which was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭YungKeo

I went for a handy 40km spin today. 10km in to town to meet my girlfriend followed by another 10km to a local mountain walk area. I flew up the hill to the carpark while she was left walking :D
    Spent a while getting to the top of the mountain before heading home as it was getting dark.
    Weather was too nice not to go out.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Otis_taylor2

i did around 30 kms today (according to google maps), first time on a new bike and now feel nothing.. no pain or anything. Don't even feel like i had a good workout..There weren't too many climbs though so that must be it or i must have been cycling wrong. or maybe because its google maps so that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Quick 50k.... first morning out in ages, legs not working and breeze (light I admit) in face for second half, fcuked and blinded and grimaced and cnuted and why me?ed the whole way home.

Feel great now mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Today was my first commute this year on my road bike. I built an electric bike using one of those Bafang kits and have been commuting on that for the past few months. I was expecting to see a drastic loss of condition but I put in a good 30km per hour average for the 45km ride from Meath to Dublin 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭secman

Sat did killenagh.. kilmuckridge.. Blackwater ..Curracloe .. up to main road into Wexford. Return journey was the same route back along coast road. Lovely rolling road... draggy in spots... a few sharp hills..lovely views... and the same back. 65 km.
    Sunday ..killenagh Gorey. .. Inch..Castletown. .. Ballymoney. ..courtown...ballygarret..killenagh. .home .56km

2 nice spins in nice spring weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Ended up doing an unplanned 200k today. The weather was too good to go home after the club ride! :cool:

https://www.strava.com/activities/522298149

'Ended up doing an unplanned 200 k today '
    Was flicking quickly through this thread, copped that sentence, and immedeatly knew who the poster was before looking up. Getting very familiar with this forum methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Buzwaldo wrote: »
    'Ended up doing an unplanned 200 k today '
    Was flicking quickly through this thread, copped that sentence, and immedeatly knew who the poster was before looking up. Getting very familiar with this forum methinks.

It is sad that I'm the exact same. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement