Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tell us about your cycle Yesterday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Seaneh wrote: »
    Did a quick 25.5km this evening, took it very handy, head wind on the way out, tail wind on the way in was nice though.

Stopped at the traffic lights in Barna village coming from the golf club direction waiting patiently for the light to go green. turn my head and spit towards the curb, right when the spit leaves my mouth some girl in a blue Tour De Burren jersey barrels through the red light and straight into my spit at about chest level.

If it was you or you know the person who cycled into my spit at about 8.45 today, I have two things to say.

1) Sorry, was just trying to clean my mouth, didn't even know you were coming through.

2) Stop breaking red lights!

I did this once because of very high wind. I was truely mortified. Exercise really clogs up my mouth too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »
    Exercise really clogs up my mouth too.

For me it's my nose gets all filled up, so I have to, er, drain it :o.

In a few weeks it will be even worse when the fecking pollen starts trying to murder me everytime I leave my house!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

Seaneh wrote: »
    For me it's my nose gets all filled up, so I have to, er, drain it :o.

In a few weeks it will be even worse when the fecking pollen starts trying to murder me everytime I leave my house!

Good ol snot rockets eh?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

denbatt wrote: »
    Good ol snot rockets eh?

nah, I hocked it and then spat through my mouth, always afraid ill get it all over myself if I try the auld snot rocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭Jocry

I get the oul snot rockets within 10 minutes of every cycle, between that and the watering eyes before I started using glasses used to drive me nuts!! Now its just the rockets :D havent managed to make contact with anyone yet, fortunately!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

I read somewhere if you are in a group and have to dispatch snotsers, you move to the back of the group so as not to splat anyone else, is this the expected etiquette? In a group I would dispatch as required but make efforts not to blast anyone, but I wouldn't necessarily move position within a group.

One guy can snot rocket under his arm!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

t'bear wrote: »
    I read somewhere if you are in a group and have to dispatch snotsers, you move to the back of the group so as not to splat anyone else, is this the expected etiquette? In a group I would dispatch as required but make efforts not to blast anyone, but I wouldn't necessarily move position within a group.

One guy can snot rocket under his arm!!

You'd wanna be fairly confident in your snot rocketing to do it mid group. I generally follow a similar approach to Seaneh when I'm in a bunch, hock and spit under the arm, unless I'm at the back, in which case snot rocket away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Saw someone's snot rocket bounce and roll during Sunday's race. That's solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Wanted to get up onto the Sally Gap today but the weather really closed in just at Glencree, pity might be the last chance I get before heading back off:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

well no snots for me just a great spin through the backroads of louth and meath.stopped in the lovely village of castletown for the tea break, centra can be highly recommended for fast friendly service and some good banter:Dyeah a good day on the bike 40 miles covered bit on the windy side but cant complain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Over the Mahon Falls as part of a 100k 'spin'. Saw 1 or 2 others up there too.

Out for a lovely short recovery spin in the sun on the TT bike. Met a girl from Swords CC on my way home that happened to live around the corner from me, there are more cyclists in my estate!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

66km done today, heading from Howth to the Phoenix Park through town..car absolutely blasts through a red light along the quays (if a pedestrian had stepped out they'd have ended up in the Liffey..).

I catch up, knock on the window and ask if he knew what a red light was..he asked me did I know what a Garda car was while giving me a ear full of his siren (unmarked car), I ask him if he was on a call, he said no, I ask why he broke the light then, his response..

"..because I can" and drives off

tumblr_m8rqjqrAw41r011vco1_500.gif

Cowboys Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Went out for a nice day off spin towards Howth.
    Had changed the battery in the data display device on Sun after it gave some strange readings.
    Looking at it early into the spin and thinking I am going shocking slow although I feel like I am going faster.
    When I got close to where I know is approx 8km I checked the device and it read 4.65
    The penny drops. I never set it to KM/H and it was reading in M/H.
    Spent most of the ride converting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

Quick 20km spin, lovely weather over here! Speed is slowly going up and avg heart rate is slowly decreasing, yay improvements!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭Jocry

Covered near 70km commuting the last two days and it has been divine, beats the rain and cold of the past few months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Felloffmebike

Quick spin tonight. Just under 30k. Two good hills. Tara from the steep side (Bellinter) and then the narrow road up to Mrs Os on the Hill of Skryne. Nice downhill run back to Navan. First midweek after work spin this year. Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

colm_gti wrote: »
    Out for a lovely short recovery spin in the sun on the TT bike. Met a girl from Swords CC on my way home that happened to live around the corner from me, there are more cyclists in my estate!!

I believe I saw you going over Tara @ 8:30ish

I believe I saw you going over Tara @ 8:30ish

Wasn't me, stayed local enough yesterday, must be someone else out there on a similar routine ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭nilhg

A little chilly at first this morning but enjoyed a nice spin around West Kildare, somehow managed to route myself through 7 sets of traffic lights in Kildare Town which is a bit of a PITA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Just home from my first 100km cycle, a really fantastic day out for the most part. A moderate pace down and around the Ring of Hook, then over to Kilmore and then home. A few worrying moments between 60-70km, was feeling fairly sick and generally not all that happy. Once I was back on roads that I knew well, had a little bite to eat I was back on track and feeling good. Stunning weather to boot.

Two pretty sweet moments. First of all, the cafe at the lighthouse on Hook head. Decent cake with a decent view I think you'll agree.

Also, the random tap at the side of the road at Baginbun. Cool, tasty water was very, very welcome. Filled my bottles and had a little shower. Fantastico.

http://app.strava.com/activities/51936100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

60km tonight, out to Howth, to the airport and then home through town.

Going down the Sutton side of Howth hill, trundling along at around 60km/h...to my actual amazement, some a*sehole starts beeping at me and then over takes..the speed limit is fookin 60km/h :mad: not only was it completely reckless and dangerous but to beep a cyclist at that speed..

Then on the way out to the airport I was overtaken by a 'LAD' in his parents car on a bloody S bend..never have I seen such idiocy.. :mad:

How I havent been seriously injured on the bike is beyond me :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Short holiday in Cataloynia. Rented a bike in Girona and did a hilly 158km in mountains west of Girona.
    Wss here last yesr too, great place to cycle. Very mannerly drivers, super surfaces and the scenery is stunning.
    Nice bikes in Dan's shop to, cannondale super six.
    Great grub too!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

ford2600 wrote: »
    Short holiday in Cataloynia. Rented a bike in Girona and did a hilly 158km in mountains west of Girona.
    Wss here last yesr too, great place to cycle. Very mannerly drivers, super surfaces and the scenery is stunning.
    Nice bikes in Dan's shop to, cannondale super six.
    Great grub too!

Planning summer hols there, would appreciate details of the bike hire places !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

RobFowl wrote: »
    Planning summer hols there, would appreciate details of the bike hire places !

Rented bike, cannondale super six, in girona cycle centre. Second time using them. €25/day.
    Shop part owned by Dan Martin.

Where will you be staying? On coast or Girona?
    PM me in a few days and I'll email you links to a the routes I did, if you like to climb. Mountain roads are really quite.

MTBing seems very popular, which I'll do on next visit.

Did I mention the food? Dinner for two with wine came to €36. Calamari to start followed by rabbit stew..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Cycled to my wedding today. Enfield to Kilbeggan, 52km

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

You never get a puncture when you need one:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

there is a joke about ride, saddle, wedding day somewhere there but for the life of me i can't think of what it might be:)

well done though..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Following a give week lay off due to some itb trouble and a holiday, I went out this morning on the first longish (90k) spin since the virginia 300 back in march.

It's depressing how quickly you lose fitness; hr was in the red all morning. To add insult to injury I got the worst case of the knock I've ever experienced-dizziness, trouble seeing, going all over the road. 5k from home I had to call the OH to get some food brought out by car to me before i hit the deck :(

Embarrassing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

G rock wrote: »
    Following a give week lay off due to some itb trouble and a holiday, I went out this morning on the first longish (90k) spin since the virginia 300 back in march.

It's depressing how quickly you lose fitness; hr was in the red all morning. To add insult to injury I got the worst case of the knock I've ever experienced-dizziness, trouble seeing, going all over the road. 5k from home I had to call the OH to get some food brought out by car to me before i hit the deck :(

Embarrassing
    i got the nock last week lucky enough i had loads of food with me, i wasn't one bit embarressed can happen to anyone.
    well done on the 300 audex mega respect.:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement