Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tell us about your cycle Yesterday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

allez wrote: »
    longest cycle today ever! well forgot to put my strava on but popped it on for one segment i keep playing with got the 3rd best time so was happy with that.

http://app.strava.com/activities/60656112#kudos

How many km in total?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭allez

inc21 wrote: »
    How many km in total?

was only messing by longest cycle, not even sure, maybe 20km. had to back for work. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

Went out today. Wasn't great at all, started to rain and got cold really quickly (haven't been out in the rain in about a month somehow :o, late nights and exams probably aren't helping at the moment. Oh well, the sooner you get these bad days out of the way the sooner the good ones will come around :) Onwards and upwards

allez wrote: »
    was only messing by longest cycle, not even sure, maybe 20km. had to back for work. :)

aaa...
    Makes sense :o

Did 38.32km today with friend of mine. Nothing special just enjoying lovely wet summer day!

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/203955222/10607425

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Did Carlow CC's Humpy 100 today. As someone who thought Leinster was flat south of Wicklow, I got a rude awakening! Mt Leinster is obvious (as in the Mt bit) but some of the other climbs were seriously tough. Between 1200 and 1500m of ascent depending on which site you use. Got around in just under 4 hrs so pretty happy overall but more work to do before heading to the Pyrenees in four weeks. Carlow CC did a great job organising things and the chocolate brownies were deadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,760 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Decided to test myself on a local 8% (according to strava) hill today, just about crawled up it. I really need to get some more spins in and lose more weight before I attempt that one again. Other than that it was a good spin and just missed the rain moving in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kingdom Man

84km around north kerry started out lovely for the first 2 hours then the heavens opened and got drowned wind and heavy rain straight at me tough one but that will make us better!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭evancunny95

First day back on the bike in 6 weeks with the oul Leaving cert. Put in a decent 90 km at 31kmh average around the bogs of Kildare on to summerhill and back the Blessington. Should be an interesting next 2 weeks of trying to get back up to fitness for the International Junior tour of Ireland !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭bambergbike

Wanted to do a sportive but had to do a touristy cycle instead to make sure I wouldn't make any mistakes when I'm guiding this week. So it was mostly pancake flat, but with little steep bits here and there (22% was the steepest) when there was something very, very touristy perched up on the sides of the valley.

Sight of the day, way better than all the castles and churches: a motorist who had just overtaken me and two other cyclists standing in the middle of the road next to his vehicle with the engine turned off patiently waiting for a hedgehog to finish crossing the road.

Got lots of sun, lots of wind, and just enough rain to round things out. Saw a shooting star and enjoyed the moonlight when it got through the clouds. Had a pine marten flit across the road in front of me just after dark and countless hares around dusk. I think I heard a splash from a hare that jumped into a ditch when he thought I was getting too close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

2900m climbing
    26.9kph

I now have Even more respect for those that did the evil 200.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

took it easy with a loop from d7 to blessington, since i was unsure of the route

47.5 km
    356 m
    low avr @ 21.3...it turned out real nice, and i had to stop myself from taking that turn for sally gap...it was after 6 at that point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

61km around Wexford in glorious sunshine. First spin since the WW. Still a little tender in the knees, although that may have just been due to trying to go a bit faster than usual on a blustery day.

I was a bit conscious of traffic, due to all the recent reading on this forum about motorists vs. cyclists...But there were no issues, at all. Friendly beeps and waves all day long, despite wearing my new, intimidating Dennis the Menace jersey. Wexford really is a pretty good to ride a bike.

http://app.strava.com/activities/60930611

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭resdubwhite

Got a sneaky 25k in tonight. Did it in just under 50 mins. Delighted with that pace. Now to move that effort into 2 hours.

Much nicer evening than morning thats for sure.

My longest ride to date 61.5km. Weather was great, only few drops of rain. Traffic was pretty okay, only 1 truck driver managed to miss my bright orange shirt.
    PS writing this standing up because sitting on a chair seems too much to ask from my poor bottom :D

http://app.strava.com/activities/60942329

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

inc21 wrote: »
    PS writing this standing up because sitting on a chair seems too much to ask from my poor bottom :D

Oops, sounds like you need a pair of good cycling shorts!

Oops, sounds like you need a pair of good cycling shorts!

I have padded shorts, thing that's in them though is not completely used to the saddle yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Quick 30km spin around the kilkenny countryside. Note to self..don't forget sun glasses and close mouth more..must have swallowed 30 flies. Enjoyable evening tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Midges were out in force this evening. Quick spin Maynooth/Celbridge/Newcastle/Athgoe Hill and then back over to the Straffan Road
    and home.

http://app.strava.com/activities/60988292

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

According to my Garmin 500 I hit 57.6 km/h in Dublin city centre on my low geared single speed today. Not a hope in hell of that being accurate so now I'm starting to worry about all my stats. I was feeling good about my progress up to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,760 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Managed a to fit a spin in this evening also, couldn't let the good evening go to waste. Yeah, flies were bloody crazy, Ill be digesting them for the rest of the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Did 50km on my new bike this evening. I got a Felt AR 4 2012. Huge difference speedwise compared to my old bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭resdubwhite

CoderDozer wrote: »
    Managed a to fit a spin in this evening also, couldn't let the good evening go to waste. Yeah, flies were bloody crazy, Ill be digesting them for the rest of the evening.

Now. Do you log that as food on mapmyride?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Did my 1st 40km earlier yesterday.

Sutton>Portmarnock>Malahide>Donabate 20k each way.
    Forgot to turn on the Strava on my Phone for the journey there but
    recorded it on the way back. 63mins by Strava. 55mins moving by the bike comp.
    Stopped along the seafront for a bite. Cant handle this eating on the move lark.
    Damn napkin keeps blowing up in my face :D

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭merc230ce

I did a sneaky spin yesterday evening too - cycled home from work (10k) but when I got to my turn it was just so lovely out there I kept going and did a lap of Howth. Set a new PB, so in all future races I'm just going to imagine my wife standing at the finish line tapping her foot with squawking kids hanging out of her and a rolling pin in her hand :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Just cycled home from work and it is 28 degrees here at 7.30am. That almost makes up for all the snow and minus temperatures over the winter! Hope to get out for a spin later before work again tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

CoderDozer wrote: »
    Yeah, flies were bloody crazy, Ill be digesting them for the rest of the evening.
    Isn't it strange how they always seem to land just as you breathe in, ensuring that the fly lodges right at the back of your throat, with no chance of coughing it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭Jocry

First spin in a week and a half this morning, and after giving the bike the once over with degreaser and lube last night. Bike felt great, air felt great, looking forward to the spin home this evening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

60km today on a hilly route and avg speed of 27.3km/h.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

185km of absolute bliss around county cork.
    what else would you do on a day like today?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement