Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tell us about your cycle Yesterday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

What a day to be out, 18/19 degrees and a warm breeze, felt more like mid summer than october. We did the old Rebel tour route Inishannon along to the old head of kinsale and back to Cork. We even stopped for Ice cream just outside of Kinsale. 85Km on a fabulous day, let's hope the rest of the winter is like this ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 934 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

127km today despite never really getting into it nor feeling particularily good. got to the wall and said nah and went over to kilmac, got to kimac and thought about spinning back to dublin, went toward delgany and on it went in a similar vein for the rest of the day... ashford, rathnew, rathdrum, laragh, sally gap, manor kilbride, tallaght and home... it truly was a day of shut up legs and shut up everything... what lovely weather tho. now steak and mash tastes all the sweeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jober

118km today 2ND time up sallys gap this time taking in Wicklow way,the climb up the bend and beyond the lake view nearly killed me
    Hit 69kph down the other side nearly soiled my bibs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

went out one of my usual routes by newgrange nearly feckin died with the heat i had my longs and assos winter top on, what was i thinking.:eek:
    anyway met another boardi on the route going about 10mph faster than me, still had a chat and we parted in slane.
    i really need more miles in the legs its slower i'm getting,:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

20 minute spin on my Singlespeed around the park near my house. Massively un-epic but I'm feckin chuffed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Priest's Leap - Cork side - 5.4 @ 8.2% - OMG what a climb, the 8.2% doesn't begin to explain what it is like, serious gradients, all put together in a series of ramps, lets just say it wore me down !
    /pics over on the Photo thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

70km, Dundrum - East Link - Clontarf - Sutton - Malahide - Lap of airport - city centre - Dundrum.

Was cycling towards the East Link toll bridge (on southside), had a couple of cars come too close for comfort. Had a slight breeze behind me so was doing a decent speed. Went through the toll booth, just coming up to the turn to go over the bridge so had a look over my shoulder to see what cars were coming up behind me. I had a bit of a gap to the cars, so was heading over the bridge with a bit of space behind me.

Heard a strange ringing sound as I approached the bridge, looked up and the barrier had closed, bells were ringing, lights were flashing and the bridge was about to raise! I braked in time.

First time I've ever seen that bridge open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Finally broke the 100km mark today, 102.9km with a mere 343m climbing in Meath in 03:55:23.

26.2km/h average speed.
    48.2km/h max

In my defence the beginning and end were in City centre traffic but I still seemed to have plenty in my legs at the end.

Good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

18k, couldn't get in the groove at all tonight, just across to maynooth and back via leixlip. Felt like crap and called it a night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Longest ride for the last 3 years. Only back on the bike since August. 94.1 km in all. Pale comparison to some of the rides I've seen here but I'm happy with it. http://www.strava.com/activities/87762761

Didn't feel great at all today. Felt much better after the spin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    18k, couldn't get in the groove at all tonight, just across to maynooth and back via leixlip. Felt like crap and called it a night

Any time spent in the saddle is good. You'll be stronger next time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Did 50km today. I had to change my wheel in front of my bike as i had a slit on the side of my tyre. Akysium on front kysrium on the back. Average speed 30.1km.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Felloffmebike

Night spin on the hybrid. Usual 16.6k route around Navan. Felt lifeless and legs dead. Drizzle most of the way around. Cooler tonight than recently. Light breeze but hurting in the wrong places. And the outcome? 32 seconds off my previous best. Go figure..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

A bit of a nip in the air this morning. And windy!

Did a good 42km and despite the conditions (and probably because of the conditions) averaged 31kph which I am happy with. Have a bit of from in the legs these days compared to last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

godtabh wrote: »
    A bit of a nip in the air this morning. And windy!

Did a good 42km and despite the conditions (and probably because of the conditions) averaged 31kph which I am happy with. Have a bit of from in the legs these days compared to last week.

Yep, definitely colder this morning.
    Cycling down Crumlin Rd in the bus/bike/taxi lane, taxi driver revving impatiently on my arse, ignored him, looked over my shoulder, right hand points to signal I'm going to the right side of the lane so I can get through next line of traffic to turn right.
    Get to right side of lane, taxi driver noe revving on my left heel, can he squeeze through, no he can't, but he does, way too close to me.
    All of this to stop in a traffic jam at red lights.
    'Did you enjoy that bit of driving too close to me so you could stop at the red light'
    'Fk off and pay to use the roads'
    I just cycled on.
    I hate alteractions, but at the same time I don't like drivers thinking they can drive dangerously without being challenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭ericzeking

I'm the opposite of most in that I commute on the bike in the winter as during the summer I do my race training in the evenings... First day commuting today since about April I'd say....jaysus you'd be the better for it, a glorious morning.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

MB Lacey wrote: »
    Yep, definitely colder this morning.
    Cycling down Crumlin Rd in the bus/bike/taxi lane, taxi driver revving impatiently on my arse, ignored him, looked over my shoulder, right hand points to signal I'm going to the right side of the lane so I can get through next line of traffic to turn right.
    Get to right side of lane, taxi driver noe revving on my left heel, can he squeeze through, no he can't, but he does, way too close to me.
    All of this to stop in a traffic jam at red lights.
    'Did you enjoy that bit of driving too close to me so you could stop at the red light'
    'Fk off and pay to use the roads'
    I just cycled on.
    I hate alteractions, but at the same time I don't like drivers thinking they can drive dangerously without being challenged.

I get this a bit.

I cycle a lot in the morning and the roads are usually empty. But when you do meet some one they are usually as impatient as fcuk!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Third spin this week but the weather was lovely this morning, cold but lovely for a spin.
    Hit roadworks and a diversion between Mountmellick and Emo,workers let me through so i enjoyed 3-4 k of absolute bliss in the sunshine in the middle of the road :)
    I could have stayed on that segment all day :)

http://www.strava.com/activities/88145115

Dcully wrote: »
    Third spin this week but the weather was lovely this morning, cold but lovely for a spin.
    Hit roadworks and a diversion between Mountmellick and Emo,workers let me through so i enjoyed 3-4 k of absolute bliss in the sunshine in the middle of the road :)

Mega. How's the foot?

Mega. How's the foot?

Toe/sole of foot area [crush area] absolutely freezing after the spin today even with 2 pairs of socks, one normal socks other cycling socks :(
    No real improvement in terms of pain and numbness im afraid[i just may deal with it at this stage]
    However i found the aldi cycling shoes the best of the bunch as they are a wider fit and room for the metal in ankle etc.

Thanks for asking mate.

• Advertisement

Toe/sole of foot area [crush area] absolutely freezing after the spin today even with 2 pairs of socks, one normal socks other cycling socks :(
    No real improvement in terms of pain and numbness im afraid[i just may deal with it at this stage]
    However i found the aldi cycling shoes the best of the bunch as they are a wider fit and room for the metal in ankle etc.

Thanks for asking mate.

Good stuff. Us Cyborgs have to look out for each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 AJTD

You passed the bottom of my road (Garryhinch Cross) which sometimes forms part of my 'Lunchtime Circuit' when I'm working from home...I coulda passed you if I'd been out early enough!

AJTD wrote: »
    You passed the bottom of my road (Garryhinch Cross) which sometimes forms part of my 'Lunchtime Circuit' when I'm working from home...I coulda passed you if I'd been out early enough!

Passed me out more like it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Sat around in a big hoodie for most of the morning trying to convince myself to go out. Ended up enjoying the spin. Pretty windy to begin with but it settled down after a while. Just got in some more base miles. The low sun made for some beautiful views coming into Blessington. http://www.strava.com/activities/88184961

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

A cold 60 odd k loop to kinsale. Windy and bloody chilly. First day out wearing a base layer in ages. Forgot to bring my wind breaker! Still dry tho. I'll take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭nilhg

Looks like I passed Dcully's gaff this morning on my early(ish) spin, plenty of frost about, 3C was the temp when I was leaving, it got up to a toasty 7Cby the time I got home as the sun rose and the day warmed up. I bought some long sleeved base layers back in a spring sale, hadn't tried them out till now, think they'll be OK. Nice morning to be out though.

http://www.strava.com/activities/88134917

nilhg wrote: »
    Looks like I passed Dcully's gaff this morning on my early(ish) spin, plenty of frost about, 3C was the temp when I was leaving, it got up to a toasty 7Cby the time I got home as the sun rose and the day warmed up. I bought some long sleeved base layers back in a spring sale, hadn't tried them out till now, think they'll be OK. Nice morning to be out though.

Ah your a friend of Eoin C , seen you on his strava comments after his big spin with the club last weekend :)
    Small world :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12 AJTD

i took the chance of my sis coming home from the US last week and bought a Gabba long sleeve online over there..Saved myself a packet (over €100 cheaper)...best bit of kit I've ever bought although even at 10c at lunchtime it was a bit too warm to be wearing it today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭nilhg

Ah your a friend of Eoin C , seen you on his strava comments after his big spin with the club last weekend :)
    Small world :P

That'd be me OK, maybe you'll come along yourself someday?
    AJTD wrote: »
    i took the chance of my sis coming home from the US last week and bought a Gabba long sleeve online over there..Saved myself a packet (over €100 cheaper)...best bit of kit I've ever bought although even at 10c at lunchtime it was a bit too warm to be wearing it today

That's a bit more up market than the dare2b stuff I got, looks like a nice bit of kit though.

• Advertisement

That'd be me OK, maybe you'll come along yourself someday?

Thanks for the offer mate, i reckon id be holding you lads back though ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement