Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tell us about your cycle Yesterday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »
    The winds as you approached the coast were murder alright. If you link to rides on mapmy or strava you should make the public so the can be viewed properly.

they should be set to public

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

stecleary wrote: »
    they should be set to public

Says we have to be "friends" to view. I like you and all but I'm not sure if I am ready for that step yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

My first time out on the bike in 2014.

Went up Cruagh road, then up Military road but turned back due to the horrible conditions.
    It took me a while to thaw out, but it was well worth it in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Pain, suffering, mud, crash, slip, slide, beer, broken derailleur, borrow bike, finish race, bath, bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

took it handy and done a few laps of the Park, 40k on the mountain bike. But just a pleasure to be out in the air rather than melting on the turbo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭byrybak

Made two trips this weekend:
    Sat morning
    https://www.strava.com/activities/105496570

This evening
    https://www.strava.com/activities/105906463

Started cycling last oct and enjoy every minute on the bike since then:-)

Hope to join couple charity cycles this year ( around 100km each )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

byrybak wrote: »
    Made two trips this weekend:
    Sat morning
    https://www.strava.com/activities/105496570

This evening
    https://www.strava.com/activities/105906463

Started cycling last oct and enjoy every minute on the bike since then:-)

Hope to join couple charity cycles this year ( around 100km each )

Nice route! Going to try that.

Hope you like the "lights to lights" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

byrybak wrote: »
    You'll have to stop that cycling on the M50 though, the Traffic Corps get a bit pi$$ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

RainyDay wrote: »
    You'll have to stop that cycling on the M50 though, the Traffic Corps get a bit pi$$ed.

Where does he go on the motorway? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

RainyDay wrote: »
    At no point does that route go on the m50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Did 80 km tonight but roads were slightly icy and bike was a bit out of shape as a result. Great spin though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

watch the roads around south county dublin. N11 is gritted from UCD to the Canal but that appears to be all. Ballsbridge to Dun Laoghaire is ok. Stick to the main roads if you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    At no point does that route go on the m50
    Zyzz wrote: »
    Where does he go on the motorway? :confused:

Maybe I should have included a :p with my post, as my tongue-in-cheek jibe seems to have been misinterpreted. At a distance, it looks he cycled along the M50 for one stretch around Cloverhill. But no, I didn't think that he really cycled along the M50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Icy start this morning...then haven not got a puncture in over 6 months I get two on the way home and my second spare had a fault valve...big thanks to mrs del88 for coming to my rescue ... Ah the joys of the cycling ...still the worst day on the bike feeling fit and healthy beats the best day in a car overweight and tired....

del88 wrote: »
    Icy start this morning...then haven not got a puncture in over 6 months I get two on the way home and my second spare had a fault valve...big thanks to mrs del88 for coming to my rescue ... Ah the joys of the cycling ...still the worst day on the bike feeling fit and healthy beats the best day in a car overweight and tired....

Was she del88'd to have to come and pick you up? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

got done for speeding driving up to start point of my cycle yesterday.
    First time ever :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

2 spokes gone and a 5km walk home. Not a good start this morning

got done for speeding driving up to start point of my cycle yesterday.
    First time ever :(

Yeh that's what happens when you break the law.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Yeh that's what happens when you break the law.. :rolleyes:

got away with it on the bike though ;)

godtabh wrote: »
    2 spokes gone and a 5km walk home. Not a good start this morning

2 Punctures and a 4km walk to work. Still, I got 14km done on the bike first.
    Luckily my Marathon plus Smart guard tyres arrived at work today. I was going to send them back as they are 32s and get 25s or 28s instead but they are on the boardman now with 19km on them! They are pretty much bomb proof.

Anyways.... 297km so far for Jan. I am so getting that stupid Strava badge :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Z2 with Z4 three lap intervals around the IDA Business Park in Athlone.

Had the Garmin Edge 810 set to display four items; Heart Rate, HR Zone, Cadence and % Max HR.
    I found it good. I should've spun more in the second Z4 interval.

I moved up one place to 8th on the IDA Loop segment, targeting moving up to 5th by the end of the year. Need to be averaging 35km/h to do so, 7km/h more than I'm averaging now.

http://www.strava.com/activities/106606303

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Z2 with Z4 three lap intervals around the IDA Business Park in Athlone.

Had the Garmin Edge 810 set to display four items; Heart Rate, HR Zone, Cadence and % Max HR.
    I found it good. I should've spun more in the second Z4 interval.

I moved up one place to 8th on the IDA Loop segment, targeting moving up to 5th by the end of the year. Need to be averaging 35km/h to do so, 7km/h more than I'm averaging now.

http://www.strava.com/activities/106606303

Sounds like fun.

colm18 wrote: »
    Sounds like fun.

Indeed. Might be down there over the weekend. If so I'll have a go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Was she del88'd to have to come and pick you up? :pac:

That was good..very good.. Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,009 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

At the church in Howth, 33km into what I hoped would be a 200km ride, I dropped to the lowest gear when the jockey wheels became entangled in the spokes of the rear wheel dragging the mech sideways with a horrible mashing sound. I came to a fairly abrupt halt and almost had a clipless incident in the full splendour of the boards.ie pink kit!

Mrs WA called to the rescue (non too impressed at having to cancel a work meeting!).

I pressed another bike into service but, with the momentum and time lost,only managed another 80kms.

I wish the lads at work hadn't "enlightened" me on "interval" training today. Think that's what it was called. I'm banjaxed after the ride home. Pedal your little heart out for small segments, they said. Be grand, they said!

Still..
    7szPv9.jpg

w00t! Only another 271 to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭byrybak

wet wet wet:-)
    cold cold cold:-)

https://www.strava.com/activities/107197480

112km in 4 hours. Could be a while before I warm up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

Only managed a miserable 40ish k this am before gloves, boots began to leak, so caught a few hills but colddddd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭nilhg

I don't know whether it was better when my fingers were so numb I couldn't feel them any more or when a little feeling came back so I could feel the pain.

Have to say the expression on the face of the lass in the chemist's shop when I asked for 8 pairs of latex gloves was priceless, one for everyone on the club spin, helped a little heading home I think.

83km through wildest Kildare and Laois.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement