Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tell us about your cycle Yesterday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Alek wrote: »
    Valentine's day card for my wife, Ewa :-)

293885.jpg

Very clever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Howth and back again, best climb yet, but the wind on the descent was pretty hefty. I usually cycle midweek during normal work hours, I've never seen as much bad driving as on the roads today.

On the plus side, I was stopped at the lights coming up to Clontarf and a chap in the car next to me wound down his window to tell me I had a lovely bike. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

First time on the bike in a few months. Yup fair weather cyclist here. And it was fantastically fair weather today. Only did about 20km but was nice to be out again.

Hopefully the first of many this year!

Definately goin out again tomorrow morning if the forecast is right. Meant to be bright in the morning turning to cloud and rain in the afternoon.

Ps I know I say fair weather but it was quite windy. Nothing crazy though thankfully. If say if you were in howth or that it'd be a different story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Internet, tv, Xbox and Garmin all on the fritz today. Good day to pull out the bike, did a pretty good 30km on the hill. Would've done another 15 but it was getting dark. Pleased that I'm getting back into last year's shape already

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jober

First 100k cycle this year

Tallaght Blessington summerhill maynooth and home
    Nice day apart from the odd shower

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Dublin to just outside Moate. 108km all in. Poxy conditions. Average of about 25km. Bolloxed now.

Still great way to eat a scone, creme egg, cereal bar, 3 snickers and 3 bottles of lucazade guilt free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

63.5k today. Celbridge to straffan, sallins, naas, johnstown, kill, climb up to Slievethoul (nearly killed me, ran out of legs/gears/lungs 3/4 way up. On to Saggart via the n81, Rathcoole, Newcastle and home. Big bowl of pasta waiting for me now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

Up Howth 3 times, down to Clontarf against a nasty headwind, back up to Howth and home. 68k. Marmotte training started in earnest today!

Mighty winds out there alright. Even descending Howth on the Sutton side was right up against it. The ride back through Clontarf was slow going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Cracked the 200k mark today. It's been a while since I've gone that distance.
    Kings Mountain 200. Wind in our face all the way out to Oldcastle but once we turned, it was 100k with the wind on our backs. WEEEEEEEEEEE.:D

209km. http://www.strava.com/activities/113502807

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

This Audax was tough alright! For the first 100k (headwind plus rain) I seriously contemplated either selling the bike when I return or ditching it straight away! The rest was rather OK with the tailwind and sun :-)

210km - http://app.strava.com/activities/113541649 (I got lost a little before Oldcastle, should be 206km)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

This was on Friday and my longest spin yet!

www.strava.com/activities/113207417

121km, the latter half against a taxing headwind, is over twice the length of my previous longest spin! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

147km this morning. Really nice at 6 except for occasional ice. The full moon was magic.

Got to 120km without any grub, had no breakfast, had a few nuts then to make sure it didn't get ugly!

Lots of people out for early in year

ford2600 wrote: »
    147km this morning. Really nice at 6 except for occasional ice. The full moon was magic.

Got to 120km without any grub, had no breakfast, had a few nuts then to make sure it did get ugly!

Lots of people out for early in year

Good lord that's some cycle!!

i went for my second cycle of the year this morning out for 1hr 45mins did about 30k or so. Must map it later. So 20k yesterday and 30k today. I'm happy with myself, well other than reading posts like the one above. Lol.

I saw a lot of cyclists out as well. Was lovely and bright out as forcast thankfully.

... Seriously 147k. Mental.... Also fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭byrybak

Just over 50k this morning, lovely weather and a lot of cyclist out there:-) looking forward to do my first 100k hopefuly next month.

https://www.strava.com/activities/113653920

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

25k around the back roads Dunboyne-lucan. The weather is starting to pick up me thinks..

not yet wrote: »
    25k around the back roads Dunboyne-lucan. The weather is starting to pick up me thinks..

Glad I'm not the only one doing 20-30km distance. Seems everyone else is doin 100km plus!

I agree on the weather though. Lookin out the window now it's lovely and bright. Tempted to spark up the BBQ!

I'm 40km-ish so not that much more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

First cycle for at least 4mths today and my longest cycle yet @ 64km.
    Galway City (West) -> Craughwell and back around Salthill and Knocknacarra.

Wind behind me on the way home, good number of bikes out on the road. Stayed dry and sunny for most of it. Good to get back on the bike!

Some crazy distances being reported here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Glad I'm not the only one doing 20-30km distance. Seems everyone else is doin 100km plus!

I agree on the weather though. Lookin out the window now it's lovely and bright. Tempted to spark up the BBQ!

To old to be doing crazy distances like 100+, but I would like to do one just to say I did it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭Cyclewizard

not yet wrote: »
    To old to be doing crazy distances like 100+, but I would like to do one just to say I did it.

Never too old to do a 100k. build up to it and its very do able.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

50k yesterday and same today. Swords, Oldtown, Naul, Balbriggan etc. Never seen so many dogs - albeit whilst navigating around a foxhunt. Lots of cyclists out. Great to see, bring on more non-hurricane conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Have a nice weekend route for myself now. Only able to do 41km of it today due to time issues.

Highlight today had to be the fella in the Hyundai Coupe who got really, really upset at a couple of guys who broke a red light. It seemed like he was on the horn for ages but the when I looked at the video I recorded it doesn't come across that way. Plus I put some tape over the mic last night to cut down on wind noise :/

Also say a guy cycling in what looked like a top that was meant to be like a skeleton.

Plenty of cyclist out and about where i was to day too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

50k yesterday and same today. Swords, Oldtown, Naul, Balbriggan etc. Never seen so many dogs - albeit whilst navigating around a foxhunt. Lots of cyclists out. Great to see, bring on more non-hurricane conditions.

Was fantasising about NCD today as I made my first trip of the year to the mountains. How come all the climbs have gotten steeper? The normally nice road on the southside of Glencree valley is more like a river in places and that was before the rain started about 4.00. Feet just about thawed and dried out. Even more impressed with you guys who were up there in the real bad weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭lismore7

Did 90km today.
    Lismore to Dungarvan, turned off for Clonmel, through Ballymac, Clogheen, over the "Vee", decent down to Cappoquin & then back to Lismore.
    The "V" was an experience in the rain and a very strong head wind, on the final section to the top.
    Got wet feet, which got colder & colder and a wet ar*e !
    The steaming hot shower when I got home, was nearly better than s**

Have ordered mud guards and going to order waterproof over shoes, my neroprene ones were a tad soaked .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

70km today. Maynooth to Clonard and back - 78 in the group and averaged 24 kph. Happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Orion wrote: »
    70km today. Maynooth to Clonard and back - 78 in the group and averaged 24 kph. Happy with that.

That the Galway Cycle group?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

Think I saw David Millar today with a group from Stag changing a puncture around Meath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Orion wrote: »

Did that myself but started from leixlip

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement