Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tell us about your cycle Yesterday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭byrybak

Few laps around Adamstown , it's nice to be out on the bike during the week:-)

https://www.strava.com/activities/114757374

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

Went for a gentle spin in local woods this morning after driving home from work in Galway, taking it handy just exploring a few new to me trails.
    Stupidly, and unfortunately awkwardly, I fell at little more than walking pace and cracked a rib.
    After nearly 24hrs awake I find myself strapped, wrapped and supping a bottle of Badger Ale :cool:
    I'll see how sore I am after my drunken siesta though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

51km spin.
    2 hours 18 mins moving time.
    Only ok.
    Just recovering from chest infection.
    Got caught in some nasty rain/hailstones that I didn't expect to see.

North wave Husky overshoes are awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Went for a gentle spin in local woods this morning after driving home from work in Galway, taking it handy just exploring a few new to me trails.
    Stupidly, and unfortunately awkwardly, I fell at little more than walking pace and cracked a rib.
    After nearly 24hrs awake I find myself strapped, wrapped and supping a bottle of Badger Ale :cool:
    I'll see how sore I am after my drunken siesta though :rolleyes:

That sucks! Get well soon.

rizzodun wrote: »
    That sucks! Get well soon.

Thanks, sure I fine after a few hours sleep & the dinner in me and it only hurts when I sneeze. Have de XC race in Sligo on Sunday to stumble through but fortunately sneezing does not play a big part of my strategy.

• Advertisement

Thanks, sure I fine after a few hours sleep & the dinner in me and it only hurts when I sneeze. Have de XC race in Sligo on Sunday to stumble through but fortunately sneezing does not play a big part of my strategy.

Best of luck on Sunday, I'm plannin to go and spectate, should be a good day out, what class are you racing in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,009 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Managed a 203km spin on Wednesday - Rush-Skerries-Balbriggan-Drogheda-Dunleer-Annagassan-Castle Bellingham-Dundalk-Ardee-Collon-Slane-Ashbourne-Finglas-Dublin-Clontarf-Sutton-Baldoyle-Portmarnock-Malahide-Swords-Lusk-Rush.

Did a 124km ride today and I nearly lost the will to live a few times with the headwinds and crosswinds - Rush-Skerries-Ballyboughal-Ashbourne-Ratoath-Dunboyne-Maynooth-Leixlip-Lucan-Dublin-Swords-Lusk-Rush.

.... I fell at little more than walking pace and cracked a rib.
    After nearly 24hrs awake I find myself strapped, wrapped ....
    Just hope you don't have to sneeze. I broke two ribs a while back and sneezing was the worst pain imaginable!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

Managed a 203km spin on Wednesday - Rush-Skerries-Balbriggan-Drogheda-Dunleer-Annagassan-Castle Bellingham-Dundalk-Ardee-Collon-Slane-Ashbourne-Finglas-Dublin-Clontarf-Sutton-Baldoyle-Portmarnock-Malahide-Swords-Lusk-Rush.

Did a 124km ride today and I nearly lost the will to live a few times with the headwinds and crosswinds - Rush-Skerries-Ballyboughal-Ashbourne-Ratoath-Dunboyne-Maynooth-Leixlip-Lucan-Dublin-Swords-Lusk-Rush.

Just hope you don't have to sneeze. I broke two ribs a while back and sneezing was the worst pain imaginable!

Fantastic going, WA. Find myself trapped in work when those lovely weather windows of opportunity arise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭Jocry

55km spin this morning, beautiful morning out there, looking forward to the spring / summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

80km Club Spin, no legs at all, wheelsucked my way round, might have overdone the training this week, does not bode well for the Dundalk race tomorrow....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Jocry wrote: »
    55km spin this morning, beautiful morning out there, looking forward to the spring / summer

Defo not where I am. horrible gusty windy for the 58km I did this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

5k into it got first puncture in a year, nice 5k walk home thou.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,009 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

not yet wrote: »
    5k into it got first puncture in a year, nice 5k walk home thou.
    No spare tube? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

No spare tube? :eek:

I know,I know..

Just nipping down to Blanchardstown shopping centre and got caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Did one of my goals today. Left waterford and got to dungarvan and back 78.2km. That is the biggest cycle I have ever done. Some bad crosswinds but over all was a very good ride. Got tired the last 5km home and my speed dropped. Average speed 27.4km but I felt good on today's spine.

Bring on the good weather.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

The head wind from Citywest to Blessington was no joke at all this morning.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭Jocry

Ah no rain that's all I care about, wasnt trying for anything or pushing myself, just wanted a nice clear morning to clear the head :)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Diggabot

48km out to Oldtown this morning... same for me. Wind was very blowy... felt like it was coming from every direction!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Brian? wrote: »
    The head wind from Citywest to Blessington was no joke at all this morning.

I totally agree. Poxy headwind all the way from the Spawell Roundabout to Blessington. I turned left just after Brittas in the hopes that the small roads with hedges would help with the wind. It only had a minimal effect. Some of those roads are exposed. It wasn't too bad after Manor Kilbride all the way to Blessington.

Still, 52km done and happy with that.

Best of luck on Sunday, I'm plannin to go and spectate, a good day out, what class are you racing in?

I'll be entering in whatever class caters for fat delusional near middle aged guys who are foolously holding onto the ridiculous notion that they're still youthful and in with a chance.

• Advertisement

Best of luck on Sunday, I'm plannin to go and spectate, a good day out, what class are you racing in?

I'll be entering in whatever class caters for fat delusional near middle aged guys who are foolously holding onto the ridiculous notion that they're still youthful and in with a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭ChainWhip

So I celebrated a certain birthday yesterday, and decided the goal for 2014 is to do 30 (clue!) spins over 100km. Number one done and dusted this morning. Pity it looks like the meanderings of a drunk. I'll have the route pre-determined the next time!

1798301_10152055661334132_1509786296_n.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

102km in two lots. 45km this morning before college. 57km after college

Just the 1 lap novice then? Haha, I'll keep an eye out for you, not sure the dog is allowed though!

Just the 1 lap novice then? Haha, I'll keep an eye out for you, not sure the dog is allowed though!

Nah, delusional enough to think I'm Elite or Pro.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

114k with the club from Ratoath blessington Naas maynooth and home. Last 4k was a mad dash sprint but I was happy to hang on. Blustery but enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

t'bear wrote: »
    114k with the club from Ratoath blessington Naas maynooth and home. Last 4k was a mad dash sprint but I was happy to hang on. Blustery but enjoyable.

With the wind at ye're backs!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Cork-Inishannon (church hill):eek: Crossbarry- Killumney-Ballincollig-Iniscarra-Home. Almost 60 Km with a few toughish climbs thrown in, dirty stinking day, cold wind, heavy drizzle but it all helps getting the fitness levels up, still a fierce amount of crap on the roads from the storms, be careful out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

With the wind at ye're backs!!

Of course. Wouldn't be a dash otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

Did a 50KM cycle yesterday - first time out since mid-December: Powerscount waterfall, Glencree, Bridge Road, Bluelight, Kiltiernan, Home

And it was my first time out on my new Felt Z6. Before putting a wheel on the road I upgraded the wheels to Shimano 6800s, fitted 25mm Continental GP4000s and upgraded the brakes to Shimano 105.

Compared to my Focus Variado, the ride is very comfortable - at one stage, I was looking to adjust the rebound damping! But what makes the difference - the Carbon frame, the relaxed geometry, the 25mm tyres or the wheels?

Picture of bike here :http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89152885&postcount=2689

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement