Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tell us about your cycle Yesterday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Shannonside Cycling Club Spin - 70km @ 26km/h.
    Athlone -> Ballinasloe -> Shannonbridge -> Athlone.

There's a full long form description in the Stava activity.
    http://www.strava.com/activities/115446379

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Black Loop of Rostrevor today. 16.9k in 1hr 45 with 569 metres of climbing. without a doubt the most fun i've had on the bike in the three years i've been on it. Also first time i've ever managed the loop without cramping and i attribute that soley to the work on the road bike the last while. Awesome spin. Nothin quite like it to clear the head.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im off the bike since early December,asthma and cycling dont mix in the cold damp weather.
    Done my first spin since then today after taking delivery of new tyres and a few more bits n bobs, wasnt planned but i couldnt resist when the roads dried up.
    I was wrecked after a 70 minute gym session but when i got home and the gear had been delivered it just had to be done.
    Only 20k mind you but was pretty tired plus had limited time, felt good to be back in the saddle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭jgreene83

So, nice spin home this evening, breeze wasn't too cold / bad, mostly dry, felt good, until a taxi decided to overtake me as I turned off the Peamount Road heading towards Celbridge, here. There was a car coming the opposite direction and the taxi sqeezed me against the ditch in order to successfully overtake me, I was too shocked to get his plate number etc. Needles to say this resulted in much shouting and arm waving to absolutely no avail! Twice today I was nearly taken out by a tax trying to squeeze me off the road, twice!!!!

Anyway, mild rant over, 22.5 km in 56 mins with an avg speed of 24.3km/h, not bad for week two back on the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

This was my ride today:

295913.jpg

295914.jpg

New RD, new chain, possibly new frame - here I come. :mad::mad::mad:

I'm not sure what happened, I was in middle cog... Most likely my own fault, as I have installed the new 105 groupset only 2 days ago...

The hanger is totally bent in the middle of thread. I need to look for some track bike derailleur converters or something. Anybody got a spare?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Alek wrote: »
    This was my ride today:

295913.jpg

295914.jpg

New RD, new chain, possibly new frame - here I come. :mad::mad::mad:

I'm not sure what happened, I was in middle cog... Most likely my own fault, as I have installed the new 105 groupset only 2 days ago...

The hanger is totally bent in the middle of thread. I need to look for some track bike derailleur converters or something. Anybody got a spare?

Oh no, you poor thing. I have no useful advice to add, only sympathy. I ride an old Peugeot too (albeit not half as well done as yours) and felt so sad to see that. I hope it all works out as painlessly as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Doc07

On Sunday. 42km, 500m elevation. Struggled for a small bit as not fit and lowest gear 39-25. Two gents on the road paced me to the top. Cheers lads. Can't wait to get my new bike on BTW next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Taken out by a supervalue artic truck on the road from Rathcormac to Conna this morning, the driver over took me and as soon as he pulled in (within 2 meters) slammed the brakes on, pulled into the wrong side of the road and did a sharp left on the Castlelyons road. He effectively blocked the whole road off (down hill and wet) and with nowhere for me to go I ended up in a ditch and he pissed off up the road without a bother.

I have now made up my mind that my next bike will have disc brakes.

krissovo wrote: »
    Taken out by a supervalue artic truck on the road from Rathcormac to Conna this morning, the driver over took me and as soon as he pulled in (within 2 meters) slammed the brakes on, pulled into the wrong side of the road and did a sharp left on the Castlelyons road. He effectively blocked the whole road off (down hill and wet) and with nowhere for me to go I ended up in a ditch and he pissed off up the road without a bother.

I have now made up my mind that my next bike will have disc brakes.

God you were lucky you didn't end up under it. I hope you're ok. Did you get a reg or anything so you can report it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Didnt get the reg number but I am writing a mail to supervalue, cannot be many artic lorrys on that road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

gadetra wrote: »
    God you were lucky you didn't end up under it. I hope you're ok. Did you get a reg or anything so you can report it?

You don't need the reg. There won't have been too many Supervalu trucks doing that route at that time today. At a minimum, report it to Supervalu, and hound them for a response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Not just Supervalu, the gardai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Doc07

On Sunday. 42km, 500m elevation. Struggled for a small bit as not fit and lowest gear 39-25. Two gents on the road paced me to the top. Cheers lads. Can't wait to get my new bike on BTW next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭c50

So i didnt go on a cycle today per se as double doses of antibiotic really have me wiped out entirely so training is no bueno. However i did have to go collect this guy. After being stuck in home for almost a week i thought a walk home with it would be refreshing. (this is the interesting part) I'd been trying to think of my pet name for the bike for quite some time and discover its gender (others walk dogs, i walk bikes). A rainbow appeared and it really matched the bike so i thought it was a must that i name the bike dorothy, after 'somewhere over the rainbow' wizard of oz. THE END

IMG_20140225_143052.jpg

c50 wrote: »
    So i didnt go on a cycle today per se as double doses of antibiotic really have me wiped out entirely so training is no bueno. However i did have to go collect this guy. After being stuck in home for almost a week i thought a walk home with it would be refreshing. (this is the interesting part) I'd been trying to think of my pet name for the bike for quite some time and discover its gender (others walk dogs, i walk bikes). A rainbow appeared and it really matched the bike so i thought it was a must that i name the bike dorothy, after 'somewhere over the rainbow' wizard of oz. THE END

IMG_20140225_143052.jpg

Wow she is a thing of great beauty. I want!! If she ever needs 'walking' again I am available anytime! :p

i think one of them will need walking sometime soon, 2 is one too much to have just to look at

Apologies for turning this forum into a second 'post images of beauty'...

IMG_20140225_161719.jpg

i think one of them will need walking sometime soon, 2 is one too much to have just to look at

Apologies for turning this forum into a second 'post images of beauty'...

IMG_20140225_161719.jpg

*drools*...................

I'm there!!

sweet divine-I need warning before I come upon beauty such as that ;)

I'm available for all Colnago shaped bike walking duties anytime :pac:

good stuff pm me CV when you get a chance :)

good stuff pm me CV when you get a chance :)

pm sent. Do I get the job? *does best professional bike walker face* :D

gadetra wrote: »
    pm sent. Do I get the job? *does best professional bike walker face* :D

"we'll let you know" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭Jocry

Was going to do my normal 17km commute this morning but since we had dry weather and sun decided to veer right instead of going straight at 3km and in doing so ended up with a nice 32km spin to work, most of which was a headwind but didn't care because I needed a proper therapeutic session having not been out since Saturday! Roll on the long evenings for the extended spins home too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

Lovely day for cycling. 60k spin and broke into 30kmh average speed for the first time today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Back cycling again this week after being off the bike for 3weeks with the flu. Did 55km yesterday and 65km today on my own at an avg speed of 25.3km/h on my training bike. All my training i did before the flu has gone down the drain and im starting from scratch it seems. Struggled big time with both spins even when it was a bit windy. Sore legs sore muscles and sore bottom funny enough. Im racing this year now too so just hope i can get back to where i was before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭spoke2cun

I've been off the bike too cos of cold and flu over the last 2-3 weeks. I feel ready for a gentle 40km roll tomorrow only if its a good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Amprodude wrote: »
    Back cycling again this week after being off the bike for 3weeks with the flu. Did 55km yesterday and 65km today on my own at an avg speed of 25.3km/h on my training bike. All my training i did before the flu has gone down the drain and im starting from scratch it seems. Struggled big time with both spins even when it was a bit windy. Sore legs sore muscles and sore bottom funny enough. Im racing this year now too so just hope i can get back to where i was before.

A few days on the bike and you will be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

I don't know how I got it into my head that yesterday was the last day of February, since Sunday night. Thinking that I extended the life out of my 10km commute to 23 in and 20 home, all because I was at 350'ish for the month on Sunday and I wanted that stupid 500km Strava badge :o

Yesterday I just about made it home my thighs were that sore!

Anyways..
    Feb500.jpg

With added bonus..
    YTDFeb.jpg

I'm going to rest my legs for two days, well thats the plan.

In saying that.... it is really nice out today...and I'm off work... haven't had my Canyon out this year either...and those new Gator skins probably could probably do with testing/running in... :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Just did 1,348m of climbing the gap is in bits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

90km on the galway cycle training today. Averaged about 25kph. My longest cycle yet but the legs are not as sore as expected. I could still use some saddle hardening though :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭G1032

Did 52km this morning. Lovely day for it. Came across a closed road due to flooding. Didn't really know my way home, except by the road that was flooded but met a lady out walking with her kids who gave me directions home!!!! Got home just before the rain started too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Did 105km solo today at an average speed 26.6kph. 1065m of climbing. Tired.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement