Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ebay Cycling Gear

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

Coming from china, be interesting to see the quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

At the prices im tempted to take a chance. Only problem is getting the size right.

Edit: Just looked, the feedback all seems to be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Worth a punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I haven't bought from that particular seller (Chinese sellers tend to come and go quite regularly) but I have bought full kit from similar sellers.
    Quality was ok - obviously not as good as the real deal, but well worth c.£30.
    Padding in shorts was surprisingly good quality, zips on jerseys can be a little iffy, but again they worked.
    As always with eBay, look at the feedback, and in particular the negs. In this case, the seller only has 2 negs in 12 months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Neverlandland

Hi, are these jerseys the same quality as the ones that you'd buy in a shop?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I bought one kit from this seller and it's fine,

http://shop.ebay.ie/82keyman/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

I have another one in transit at the moment, I went for a bigger size this time though. I got shirt and shorts for about €40, when I seen the shirt alone for sale in my local shop for €60, I consider what I got a good bargain. Not much in the difference in quality as far as I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I can only imagine El Tonto pulling this one off:

$(KGrHqZ,!lwE3JVj5IKsBOEH18!GZw~~0_12.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

Got stuff recently from another china seller, very happy with it, €30 for bib and jersey. I am a large with everything, these are fairly tight though, so make sure you look at the sizing chart. I only new to cycling, so not really able to compare it to anything, but i think i look deadly :D
    Just drink 6 pints less next weekend and take the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Redmond101

Can anybody say how long delivery took for these items?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

ozzy jr wrote: »
    I bought one kit from this seller and it's fine,

http://shop.ebay.ie/82keyman/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

I have another one in transit at the moment, I went for a bigger size this time though. I got shirt and shorts for about €40, when I seen the shirt alone for sale in my local shop for €60, I consider what I got a good bargain. Not much in the difference in quality as far as I can see.

I just bought off these crowd. Decent stuff i have to say. be very wary off sizes imo. If you think ur a large...ur probably a XXXL in these.
    Im bout 5ft 10 and. and i got XXL shirt and XL shorts. Fit fine, but still tight enough!!
    delivery took just under 2 weeks. Happy enough with it tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 RedRobert

I just bought off these crowd. Decent stuff i have to say. be very wary off sizes imo. If you think ur a large...ur probably a XXXL in these.
    Im bout 5ft 10 and. and i got XXL shirt and XL shorts. Fit fine, but still tight enough!!
    delivery took just under 2 weeks. Happy enough with it tho.

Same as re the sizes. My brother bought gear recently - crap stuff I have to say. Was worth a punt to him at the £30 mark, but he'll never wear it.

Buy some quality proper gear with proper short padding - well worth it.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

Took a risk and bought a set off Dealextreme a couple of months back. Am normally a size M in shop-bought stuff, and so the L size in this fitted quite well. Decent quality, no complaints with the quasi-chamois padding. I find that cheap cycling gear (like the free Sean Kelly jerseys you'd get on the various An Post Tours) have a tendency to make you stink like a tramp on a hot day after only half an hour's worth of riding, whereas this gear is thankfully OK.

One caveat, though, is that the manufacturers give a generous allowance for men of girth. If you haven't got at least a bit of a paunch, you'll find the jersey bunches up a bit about the midriff - not too badly, mind, but it's not quite the painted-on look of the Schlecks.

Advertisement