Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your unpopular music opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

I think "Baby One More Time" is the catchiest, most epic, genius song of all time.
    I feel Britney Spears is the only artist worth listening to. I listen to her music 24/7.... never any other artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Be here now is an awesome album :E

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Oasis post-Morning Glory are still fantastic. Don't Believe The Truth is the best post-MG studio album.

Radiohead's best album is The Bends. Pablo Honey wipes the floor with any post-OK Computer album.

Popular music without guitar is sh*te (99% of the time!).

A band does not need multi-million punt stages to put on a good live show. They sort of miss the point of live music.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

the arctic monkeys suck

• Registered Users Posts: 10,790 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

People who complain that "music sucks nowadays" are automatically wrong.

On a similar vein, in 20 years the top rated comment on YouTube (or whatever) for Use Somebody will be, "Man I wish they played music like this on the radio".

Placebo have some good songs but also have terrible lyrics and an irritating cnut for a singer

The only people who love The Smiths are angsty teenagers from the 80s.

The Soft Bulletin by The Flaming Lips is the single most annoying album ever.

Kanye West is something of a genius

Foo Fighters have one and a half good songs per album them the rest is ****e. Same with Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Van Halen are a sackful of guitar ****

Modest Mouse are a poor man's Pixies

Led Zeppelin have one good song the rest are average

Bright Eyes needs to feckin' cheer up

Foals are not good

Jimi Hendrix is boring

Manic Street Preachers have one good song

Dave Grohl — why do people worship him?

Adele's music would be more enjoyable if she were better looking

Everyone secretly loves ABBA

i disagree with everything you just said :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Led Zep suck balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

sky88 wrote: »
    the arctic monkeys suck

Your opinion is incorrect. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

There are no good black or women rock bands
    Do you mean bands composed entirely of black people and bands composed entirely of women?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Stairway to Heaven. Cue disagreement

If that's the song you like, that's the song you like. Who am I to tell you any different? Besides, it is a good song.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

New music is more interesting than old music. Particularly hip hop. Nostalgia does my head in we'd be better off with a lot less of it.

I think the older you get the harder it becomes to hear genuinely "New Music" the vast majority of stuff I hear is essentially reworking of older music, Rap/ Hip Hop which was fresh and exciting has become especially stagnant in the last decade.

Not sure on what's popular/unpopular really but stuff that surprises most other music fans I know
    • I never liked the Beatles, I know the Stones were basically just a derivative R&B band but I much preferred them
    • The Pixies & Frank Black are just awful, it all sounds the same to me.
    • Radiohead bore me senseless (Parts of OK Computer excepted)
    • I discovered that I liked Bruce Springsteen (a lot) very late in life
    • Paul Weller might be an arrogant ---- but he could pen a mighty fine tune,even with the Style Council
    • Country Music is great

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Muse used to suck but their later works are superior.
    The Resistance says you're wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

I really like the Second Coming despite the fact that it sounds like something Led Zep threw away in places.
    I wish the Stones had split years ago I think it's cringe-worthy watching them now.
    I think the "Long And Winding Road" is the worst song The Beatles wrote.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Malice wrote: »
    Do you mean bands composed entirely of black people and bands composed entirely of women?

Yup (Living Colour and the likes of The Bangles were rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

The only people who love The Smiths are angsty teenagers from the 80s.

Johnny Marr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

I hate Bruce Springsteen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I hate Bruce Springsteen.

This is a very strange illness. Can you explain why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I have given up listening to any music other than songs that I can go running at a fast pace to. Consequently, song quality gets judged according to how apt it is to run to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Never really got The Cure. Depressing ****e if you ask me.

Kanye West isn't given the credit he deserves as an artist. Five phenomenal albums one after each other IMO.

Eminem will go down in history as one of the best artists of the 21st century.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Johnny Marr.

J'en ai marre

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    i disagree with everything you just said :P

I agreed with a lot of it, but that Soft Bulletin one? Best album ever recorded I reckon :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,790 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

El Pr0n wrote: »
    I agreed with a lot of it, but that Soft Bulletin one? Best album ever recorded I reckon :pac:

damn straight! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

I really don't like U2!...sinful i know :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

eskimocat wrote: »
    I really don't like U2!...sinful i know :p

That's a very popular opinion, don't worry. Much like my opinion on Kanye West, I don't really want to hear about how wealthy he is in every one of his songs. I was once told by someone born in the middle of a bog in the middle of nowhere "Don't be hatin' on Ye".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Never really got The Cure. Depressing ****e if you ask me.
    It's the best depressing ****e you could listen to, all the best music is depressing. Who the **** wants to listen to happy happy happy music?
    Kanye West isn't given the credit he deserves as an artist. Five phenomenal albums one after each other IMO.
    Wouldn't be so sure about that, My Dark Twisted Fantasy was hyped to the high heavens. I think he gets more than his fair share of credit.
    Eminem will go down in history as one of the best artists of the 21st century.
    Ha aha ahahaha.

Sure, and Vanilla Ice was the greatest artist of the 90's...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

The Foo Fighters are a bit ordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,005 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Inspiral Carpets were the best of the Madchester bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I only like or two Smiths songs.

I only like one or two Nirvana songs.

I'm sick of people saying music isn't as good today as there was in the *insert decade here* (Normally the 80's). There's lots of brilliant music being produced if you look in the right places. it also annoys me when someone either initially likes a song but dislikes it when he hears it's in the charts or hates a song because it's in the charts. Give it a chance, I mean there's a lot of chart music that I personally wouldn't listen to but there's some enjoyable stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

el dude wrote: »
    The Foo Fighters are a bit ordinary.

A bit?! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Most successful rappers rip off the exact same samples as lesser known artists from a few years earler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Nolanger wrote: »
    The only grime artist worth listening to is Wiley. The others are watered-down, commercial sh*te.

There are a hell of a lot of the emcees are grime purists and make far less frequent stabs at commercial singles like Wiley. I think he's probably got the best approach because he does both. He'll put out an album that he says is complete ****e, then release 9 zips of grime stuff on Twitter for free. You might enjoy Tempa T, JME, D Double E or P Money.

Advertisement