Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your unpopular music opinions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Not touching this one. No sir-ee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I think Michael Jackson is the finest performer the world has ever seen. He was consistently brilliant live along with great dance moves and he put on a whole show!

He has had very few bad songs :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

I think Michael Jackson is the finest performer the world has ever seen. He was consistently brilliant live along with great dance moves and he put on a whole show!

Yeah still wouldnt let him babysit the kids though

cloptrop wrote: »

I also dont think he was a paedo :L

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

There was a brilliant discussion on the Hip Hop forum a few months ago comparing Chris Brown to Michael Jackson. A small few posters (read 1/2 out of 20) were of the opinion that Brown (or Shawty Mane as one person referred to him as) is the next MJ.

That would have been the perfect post for this thread.

• Advertisement

There was a brilliant discussion on the Hip Hop forum a few months ago comparing Chris Brown to Michael Jackson. A small few posters (read 1/2 out of 20) were of the opinion that Brown (or Shawty Mane as one person referred to him as) is the next MJ.

That would have been the perfect post for this thread.

Oh god that is terrible. I hate Chris.brown :L Jackson was innovative, Brown can dance, I'll give him that but he's got nothing on Jackson :L

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

notnumber wrote: »
    In Rainbows is better than OK Computer

Enda kenny is better than Bertie Ahern.

Radiohead where great for a time..really great.. they aint anymore no matter how much people claim they are....the songs they wrote at the time reflected their lives..today they are just the hits and they belt them out fair enough.Most Bands are only really great for a short period of time and you have to catch them then..in that time..,,watching radiohead/stone roses these days just does not interest me one little bit.

I think a lot of the albums that really change the shape of things, the ones great bands are remembered for, show their age badly once the novelty wears off and everybody gets in on the action.

Hail to the Thief and In Rainbows have not aged and will not age the same way as Radiohead's more acclaimed releases, because they're better crafted abums all things considered. Same for the Smashing Pumpkins Adore for the same reasons.

King of Limbs is still wanky though.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭music producer

I found Tiny Tim's Tiptoe Through the Tulips riveting when I recently listened...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

I think a lot of the albums that really change the shape of things, the ones great bands are remembered for, show their age badly once the novelty wears off and everybody gets in on the action.

Hail to the Thief and In Rainbows have not aged and will not age the same way as Radiohead's more acclaimed releases, because they're better crafted abums all things considered. Same for the Smashing Pumpkins Adore for the same reasons.

King of Limbs is still wanky though.

I don't think OKC has aged at all. The Bends has for sure though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

So to prove a point would you let him babysit your kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

The vocalist from Kings of Leon is awful beyond words.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

they aint anymore no matter how much people claim they are

So no matter how much people claim they are, we should listen to you, because you're right?

Okay...

...I might just keep on listening to everyone else (including myself) who says they still are and always will be a great great ****ing band.

So to prove a point would you let him babysit your kids

Yup. A kid would love that Nederland place :L

There's loads for children to do in the Netherlands!

rcaz wrote: »

There's loads for children to do in the Netherlands!

F*cking autocorrect :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

rcaz wrote: »
    So no matter how much people claim they are, we should listen to you, because you're right?

Okay...

...I might just keep on listening to everyone else (including myself) who says they still are and always will be a great great ****ing band.

I think jill v gets what I meant...altough i think sp lost 'it' after the mess of mellon collie.

hey dude i did'nt ask anyone to listen to me..i just gave my opinion on them.unpopular as it may be...if they can release another genre defying album I may change my opinion.I don't blindly follow bands based on earlier glories.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

I hate Radiohead and Michael Jackson

i dont hate radiohead..they have some incredible tracks..my point is more that they are yesturday..prehaps as i say i will be proved wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 BloatedPope

i dont hate radiohead..they have some incredible tracks..my point is more that they are yesturday..prehaps as i say i will be proved wrong.

You mean they're irrelevant when you say they're "yesturday"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I started listening to Dizzie Gillespie. Yesterday is someone else's tomorrow :)

• Advertisement

old hippy wrote: »
    Dizzie Gillespie

It certainly helps when one of the musicians you choose from Yesteday is ****ing incredible ;)

You mean they're irrelevant when you say they're "yesturday"?

I mean they dont excite me the way they did pre 2000..i never got into the later releases and until such time they have some music that I deem good then they are irrelevant-- to me personally that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 BloatedPope

I mean they dont excite me the way they did pre 2000..i never got into the later releases and until such time they have some music that I deem good then they are irrelevant-- to me personally that is.

Oh ok, I get you. Their music definitely changed after 2000, I can see what you mean there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Speaking of Radiohead, I like The King of Limbs and in no way is it their worst album IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭johnROSS

Radiohead make fine music. But their attitude is all wrong. "Being famous is soooo hard!" said thom Yorke, as he wiped his butt with a £50 note.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Gotta say I love Radiohead!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 Malown

Temaz wrote: »
    Gotta say I love Radiohead!!
    That's the best unpopular opinion so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭johnROSS

"Radiohead helps me enjoy life to the fullest"- said noone, ever.

johnROSS wrote: »
    "Being famous is soooo hard!" said thom Yorke, as he wiped his butt with a £50 note.

He was probably having one of his mental breakdowns at the time, to be fair :pac:
    johnROSS wrote: »
    "Radiohead helps me enjoy life to the fullest"- said noone, ever.

Who has ever said that about any band?

I know Radiohead got me into some really deadly ****, and a lot of their stuff would make it into my 'favourite music ever' list, if I ever had to make one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Smiley Smile is better than Pet Sounds

Magical Mystery Tour is better than Sgt Peppers

Radiohead aren't depressing

Advertisement