Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Tell me about your concerns, make me your brother.

Options
  • 09-07-2011 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

In case you don't live under a ****ing rock, and, given that you live on this Island there's a fairly good chance you do in fact live under a ****ing rock -One of YOUR CSMS is an Irishman. Believe it or not, that CSM is me! Wow, holy moley, what scoop! Better yet, an Irishman from Wicklow. A county well known for its Bogs, Granite, Trees, Bogs and strangely high levels of drug-related crime. Also Bogs.

While I doubt my fellow countrymen have suggestions to improve this game beyond lowering the subscription price so that it can be calculated in terms of how many Smirnoff Ice's it'll take to get your girlfriend to actually crack her legs open - I'm open to the idea of listening to the inane ramblings you all have related to this game.

Footnote: If you're from Cork or any part of Dublin I don't like(See: All parts of Dublin) then I'll promptly ignore anything you have to say!

Footnote2: I once spent 27 minutes pretending I was an Englishman while players 'Irish Koppix' and 'Irish Darren' were in local. They became very upset at my Unionist-related trolling and I think they tried to kill me for like 3 days after it. It was hilarious.

Edit: Oh wow, this board still has swear censoring. How adorable!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

I would tell you about my concerns but alas, the CSM are apologists for CCP, have never had any real authority or even sway from what I can see, and are mostly there to mollify people and/or be an advertising point for the company while CCP milks the game for all the cashmoney they can, so I think I'll pass.

Congrats on the free trip to Iceland btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 White Tree

Gneez wrote: »
    apologists for CCP

lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I'm not convinced the CSM can get them to do anything they wouldn't have gotten around to doing anyway. This is what, csm 6? 7? FW is still broken, lowsec still sucks, null is stagnant for long periods of time thanks to the way sov works, hybrids still blow... the list goes on
    Look at the issues that csm1 tried to get attention for and work your way up the ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

White Tree wrote: »
    lmao

Great job asking for opinions then lol'ing when they are given, with this attitude I wouldn't be surprised if CCP hired you, you would fit right in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I have about zero confidence in anything the CSM do, every time I've voted it's been part of a lol-campaign to get an alliance mate in for as gneez put it a "free trip to Iceland".

To be perfectly honest from the initial post you've just made this doesn't exactly increase my confidence if anything it decreases it.

In the end run I couldn't care less about the CSM or anything they claim they've been responsible for. All I care about is the pew pew and the jew jew.

CCP have shown for awhile now they'll use the CSM to their own goals and if they have something set in their minds I very much doubt you guys will achieve any sort of change in that.

Good luck though. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

In case you don't live under a ****ing rock, and, given that you live on this Island there's a fairly good chance you do in fact live under a ****ing rock -One of YOUR CSMS is an Irishman. Believe it or not, that CSM is me! Wow, holy moley, what scoop! Better yet, an Irishman from Wicklow. A county well known for its Bogs, Granite, Trees, Bogs and strangely high levels of drug-related crime. Also Bogs.

While I doubt my fellow countrymen have suggestions to improve this game beyond lowering the subscription price so that it can be calculated in terms of how many Smirnoff Ice's it'll take to get your girlfriend to actually crack her legs open - I'm open to the idea of listening to the inane ramblings you all have related to this game.

Footnote: If you're from Cork or any part of Dublin I don't like(See: All parts of Dublin) then I'll promptly ignore anything you have to say!

Footnote2: I once spent 27 minutes pretending I was an Englishman while players 'Irish Koppix' and 'Irish Darren' were in local. They became very upset at my Unionist-related trolling and I think they tried to kill me for like 3 days after it. It was hilarious.

Edit: Oh wow, this board still has swear censoring. How adorable!

:confused:

I hope for your sake that someone is impersonating you.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

One of YOUR CSMS is an Irishman. Believe it or not, that CSM is me!

Cool story bro?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Funny this turned out to be a typical ccp style PR disaster i guess proving this guy really is in the csm

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

who is this douche? sounds like a 14 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

He does indeed come across as a bit of a cock doesn't he..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Mantel wrote: »

I'm completely in favour of removing ABC from wormholes or at least restricting them to higher classes.

When I started eve I was frustrated at my lack of isk, I heard wormholes had ABCs so I saved up for a small pos and a hangar array and went into a class 2 wh i found in hisec.

I stayed in for about 2 weeks and shipped out around 2.5bn worth of arkonor.
    That was all by myself, with a retriever and crappy mining skills. It was far, far too easy to make such a substantial sum. Too much reward for very little risk or skill requirement.

Megacyte prices have cratered since then, i was getting something like 4,500isk per unit when I sold my refined ark, i'm betting WHs have an awful lot to do with it.

Naturally people are going nuts over the proposed removal, they're potentially losing a relatively risk free, incredibly lucrative isk source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

sionnach wrote: »
    I'm completely in favour of removing ABC from wormholes or at least restricting them to higher classes.

I stayed in for about 2 weeks and shipped out around 2.5bn worth of arkonor.
    That was all by myself, with a retriever and crappy mining skills. It was far, far too easy to make such a substantial sum. Too much reward for very little risk or skill requirement.

Naturally people are going nuts over the proposed removal, they're potentially losing a relatively risk free, incredibly lucrative isk source.

You could join any bumble**** 0.0 alliance and mine the ABC ore in an even safer environment, with local and intel channels. Even a class 1 WH is effectively like 0.0 where you can be killed with no concord or sec hit, so the risk is pretty much the same as null sec. While mining doesn't require much skills to get into early, it's time intensive and really ****ing boring, so I think you deserved all that 'easy isk' you made. I would have attempted suicide after 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭kaahooters

add a ****ing que to the ancoring of pos mods, and fuel pelets for the ****ers!

I feel that we got off to a bad start in this thread, and for that I'm sorry, but I'll try to make it up to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

47xbI.png
    >test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Coranor

Get them to remove super capitals jump bridges and the entire sovereignty system. Those 3 things are what has 0.0 space in such a ****, empty and boring state. Super capitals break the games balance by simply being able to kill anything, jump bridges make it inordinately difficult to find anything to kill in 0.0 regions to the point where its barely worth trying and sov timers do nothing but encourage and tbh force gigantic server crushing and soul destroying blobs.

That is now your job.

PS. No I'm actually for once not taking the piss. That coupled with a return to actively balancing the remaining ships will fix 0.0 at least.

Coranor wrote: »
    Get them to remove super capitals jump bridges and the entire sovereignty system. Those 3 things are what has 0.0 space in such a ****, empty and boring state. Super capitals break the games balance by simply being able to kill anything, jump bridges make it inordinately difficult to find anything to kill in 0.0 regions to the point where its barely worth trying and sov timers do nothing but encourage and tbh force gigantic server crushing and soul destroying blobs.

That is now your job.

PS. No I'm actually for once not taking the piss. That coupled with a return to actively balancing the remaining ships will fix 0.0 at least.

1. Super Capitals are going to be 'balanced' (see: viciously nerfed) in and upcoming patch.

2. Jump Bridges were nerfed just recently to make it so that you can only have one per system. The reality is that they're never going to be outright removed.

3. The SOV system is broken and dumb and its probably going to get looked at this winter.

4. CCP Tallest is now in charge of actively balancing ships in the game and I'm actually sort of confident he'll do a half decent job of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Coranor

1. Super Capitals are going to be 'balanced' (see: viciously nerfed) in and upcoming patch.

2. Jump Bridges were nerfed just recently to make it so that you can only have one per system. The reality is that they're never going to be outright removed.

3. The SOV system is broken and dumb and its probably going to get looked at this winter.

4. CCP Tallest is now in charge of actively balancing ships in the game and I'm actually sort of confident he'll do a half decent job of it.

1. Drop their combat capabilities into the floor and boost their general usefulness in other areas and i'll be happy.

2. Until they're removed 0.0 and by extension roaming in 0.0 will never return to a healthy state. Roaming gangs don't actually want something to artificially force fights so they can be blobbed. They want to run in, gank a few travelling bs and then get chased all the way to low sec.

3. Make the smallest state of sov cover a constellation instead of a system. Whoever holds the most stations in a constellation for an uninterrupted week holds sov over the whole thing and no more invulnerable stations and reinforcement timers. Station Ping pong was far more fun than reinforcement timers encouraging blobs.

4. Grand so.

Took me 5 minutes to think of that sov system right there and its a ****load better than what we got. Encourages offense instead of defense and makes a battle last weeks instead of a few hours at the end of a reinforcement timer. Point is that anythings better than what we got and the sooner its chucked out the happier eve will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

EvE needs a double edged security system or i have no interest in putting hours into it again.

Seperate pw for logging ingame/subscription site(eve-o login)

It is so easy to lock somsone out of their own billing cycle/account if you have 1 simpla password, atleast this way you have a fall back, i lost 9bn isk this way through a keylogger and watched 4 months subs trickle away while i was flat ignored by CCP staff while my three accounts were stripped bare and when i was gotten to treated like i was the intruder, was not impressed, fix

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

EVE needs some kind of new content in space that isn't ****. That's all I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭WuuZii

47xbI.png
    >test

QFT

Advertisement